Epic Perfect World

can anyone help me?

Offline DannyDiablo

• I am but a walking shadow.
okay, I downloaded EPW and for some reason I didn't have to extract the file or anything it just came unpacked already idk if its because im on a windows 8 computer or something but I tried to open the launcher and it will pop up the little box that says "connecting to server" but after about 20-30 seconds it says "server time out" I don't know what im doing wrong if someone could help me I would really appreciate it. and I have tried every method on the forums that people have told me none of them work at all :l
Solitude brings me joy and peace of mind, But that does not mean i do not enjoy the company of others.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
it's patched and everything? version is 87?

Offline PrincesLela

• Characters: Daantje
mhw sut work on an windows 8 comp.

but i din,t test that yet as i don,t play this game so much annymore.

mabye i can help whit team-viewer 9  :monkey-39:

Offline DannyDiablo

I cant even open the patcher/launcher fully let alone the game. when I click on the launcher it doesn't open fully it justy quits out idk how im supposed to patch with it not being able to open :(
Solitude brings me joy and peace of mind, But that does not mean i do not enjoy the company of others.

Offline PrincesLela

pfff too check i need to redownload the patch caus i still got the old one in mine game folder  :monkey-31:

Offline DannyDiablo

I cant even open the patcher/launcher fully let alone the game. when I click on the launcher it doesn't open fully it justy quits out idk how im supposed to patch with it not being able to open :(
what exactly is team viewer-9 ?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
It should work on a Windows 8 PC. First of all, make sure it's in your firewall exceptions. Also, try running the patcher.exe as an administrator. Once you patch it to the latest version (v87), you can start through the patcher, elementclient.exe or

So after New Horizons patch, game forces you to open patcher every time you want to start it from elementclient.exe.
You can bypass it, so it will start directly. To do this:

1. Right click on elementclient.exe in EPW/element/ directory and create a shortcut of that file.
2. Right click on elementclient shortcut and choose Properties (last option on the bottom).
3. In the target field add at the end: startbypatcher. Just like that:

That's it. From now just run elementclient shortcut so it will skip the patcher window.

I added this as a batch file to attachment as well. It has to be started from the EPW/element/ directory though.

Offline PrincesLela

what exactly is team viewer-9 ?

thats just a program i can control your comp whit  :P

Offline DannyDiablo

It should work on a Windows 8 PC. First of all, make sure it's in your firewall exceptions. Also, try running the patcher.exe as an administrator. Once you patch it to the latest version (v87), you can start through the patcher, elementclient.exe or
yes ive done all these still no go lol ive tried them specifically the allowing it through the firewall exceptions and the patcher.exe? I don't think I have that where is it located at? in what thingie?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
yes ive done all these still no go lol ive tried them specifically the allowing it through the firewall exceptions and the patcher.exe? I don't think I have that where is it located at? in what thingie?
patcher.exe is located in Epic Perfect World/patcher.

Also, try http://epicpw.com/support/known-issues-and-fixes/

Offline DannyDiablo

okay I just did that and it said the file directory was incvalid or something like that also can anyone walk me through how to allow it through my Norton firewall? cause it blocked it earlier because it wasent safe even though I know it is I honestly don't know wtf to do anymore I have literally tried EVERY single suggestion to no avail

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
okay I just did that and it said the file directory was incvalid or something like that also can anyone walk me through how to allow it through my Norton firewall? cause it blocked it earlier because it wasent safe even though I know it is I honestly don't know wtf to do anymore I have literally tried EVERY single suggestion to no avail
Just google how "adding exceptions on Norton" or something like that. My internet is laggy atm so I can't find you a link. But, you should be able to find it pretty easily.

Offline DannyDiablo

Just google how "adding exceptions on Norton" or something like that. My internet is laggy atm so I can't find you a link. But, you should be able to find it pretty easily.
I have been googling stud I cannot find anything that even makes remote sense to how im supposed to do it it tells me just to disable it and iDK how to do that I don't know the steps to disable it at all

Offline DannyDiablo

I finally managed to get it :) thank you everyone <3
Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 06:09 pm by hadesdefiance

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
That's great to hear   :normal-1: