Epic Perfect World

Autoattacking After Ranged Physical Skills

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
My suggestion is simple--remove it. At least, if it's possible.

Anyone who has a Seeker character can probably attest to the irritation evoked by that character automatically moving closer to a target after using Gravel Blade/Wind Blade/Rock Splitting Cleave/Staggering Strike (and possibly Battousai/Glowing Blade, as well).

It's terrible when staying at range is important; it's even worse when you have to stay within a small area (like a platform surrounded by the deadly environs of your choice).

As far as I can tell, it doesn't provide any advantages, nor is it essential to gameplay.
The one and only.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
or you could just press the S key to not move towards your target or click on the ground to not move either and both ways cancels the auto attack....

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
What? no, just no. Your lack of skill and/or timing has nothing to do with this, don't ruin anyone else's seeker gameplay just because you can't do something

Offline BAQWULF

• Best barb on server
  • I can tell if you are fail or not just by looking at your gear...
  • Characters: BAQWULF
  • Faction: ArtOFwar
isnt a seeker a melee class? i mean if so it would be at least logic that the toon wants to go melee range after a longrange attack....
The moment when haters become fans *rofl*

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
try to pm Vermilion in game, he will teach you how to play that class or pm any Artifex's seeker they will!-!

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
i think its good idea

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
+1 good suggestion

Offline Woda

• The elegance of mystic gameplay is not to be underestimated
  • Characters: Woda
ALERT: off topic comment.

Can't you people just -1 it if u consider it a bad idea? I'm sorry I have to say this but all (ALL) comments made, looked like they came from a bunch of arrogant pricks. It's meant as a suggestion, not something to laugh at.

On topic: I don't know shyt about seekers, no serious opinion to be found here.
Wise men speak because they have something to say. Fools speak because they have to say something.

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
eh, don't expect this to be taken neutrally by an ea community where pressing an additional key to auto attack after dartle is considered too much of an extra work. but hey, things could be worse. on pwstorm channel ea's had like 0.2 aps and if you mistakenly auto attacked between spamming skills you would have to wait 4 seconds for another attack.

as for my opinion, i don't think it's neccessary. the only problem right now that i see is being unable to stop attacking while freezed under some circumstances (the one which comes to my mind is attacking a psychic with soul of stunning buff)

scatterer3

I don't think it's annoying unless it accidentally triggers Arcane Defense...

As a keyboard gamer it may become annoying.

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
What? no, just no. Your lack of skill and/or timing has nothing to do with this, don't ruin anyone else's seeker gameplay just because you can't do something
+1 this,  if u can't play that's it

bvanharjr

It's impossible to remove this for MELEE classes. (BM/Seek/Barb)
Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 08:27 pm by HealerTid

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
It must be possible, but very, very difficult to find the right (compiled) code part where to edit it. And doing it for each skill... not really doable.
If auto-attack after casting a ranged skill bothers you, I suggest you putting your most used combos on macros - they can be cancelled anytime.

Offline gwyn

• Oblivion Leader
  • Characters: AndreaGwyn, GwynAndrea,
  • Faction: Oblivion
If you want a ranged attack  try an Archer, a wizard, a psychic, a cleric, a mystic, or even a veno they all have awesome ranged attacks that do not pull you closer to the target although some skills are not as ranged as others.

Level 30 base