Epic Perfect World

EXP Event(Syri,We miss you)

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
i'd prefer gold event.
I'd prefer an entertainment event. >:

There's not much keeping me online anymore, honestly. Made/leveled all the alts I cared to make, got all the morai skills, PvP is boring (more a PWE fault than an EPW fault). Need something that will convince me to get back online for longer than 5 minutes.

The GMs have been mentioning new end-game content soon, so we'll see where that goes I suppose.

Offline Enraged

Here's how I remember it.
Syri did the event two different ways:

1. Hide and Seek
Syri gave actual hard clues for a spot. The spot would have 100-200 exp mobs in the form of bunnies in that specific spot. She also made sure to overlook the spot. If multiple came in at once, she would spawn more so it could be more fair for them. Each hide and seek had a minimum of 10 rounds.

2. Free for All
Syri would spawn a mass amount of mobs in groups of 10-30 around a big town (e.g. Tusk Town). She would then say the event was starting, and loads of people would swarm in and start attacking them. Syri and another GM would run around and continue to spawn groups of mobs for an amount of time (around 30 minutes).

These events were especially helpful during the x2 rate after the 10 day rollback.
Hi.

Offline Skylight

• Retired Staff Member
The GMs have been mentioning new end-game content soon, so we'll see where that goes I suppose.

Not for certain, It is a work in progress and a possibility. Before actual info is released we have to work out the kinks and errors. :P

As for the Events I'm currently working on a Hide N Seek pvp event with a musical chair twist. Testers seem to enjoy it and find it rather amusing.
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=1750.0
-Work n progress still.

Offline buschkatze

Why Always only PvP/PK Events? Thinking there are also non PvPplayers who love to join more events and not being killed from sneaking around Sins. White name cannot be changed in min to blue for every event. (Clerics btw who cannot heal red party members if  they blue)
Give others also a chance with events PK not allowed. Always the same lvl150's with op gear and big mouth r on first place, we all know who they r..
Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 04:34 am by buschkatze

Offline Grinder

• Leader of the 4th reich
Why Always only PvP/PK Events? Thinking there are also non PvPplayers who love to join more events and not being killed from sneaking around Sins. White name cannot be changed in min to blue for every event. (Clerics btw who cannot heal red party members if  they blue)
Give others also a chance with events PK not allowed. Always the same lvl150's with op gear and big mouth r on first place, we all know who they r..

Well most ppl want PK events including me and it's more fun ... i rether fight 5 min with a player then with a boss who has a lot hp and i can put on a macro , go afk , come back and it's done.

Well If the event is hold in arena you blue names can PK and EPs with blue name can heal members.

Holding sometimes a PVE event is nice ... still 150 gear is easy to get and lvl too ... and same players win coz they know how to play their class or they get lucky 1 time .
If you are bad a PK events ... you can chose to come on it , practice with better ppl , learn your class or you can
simply not attend it.
Ajdin - 150 sin
CearBear - 150 EA
Hooker - 150 seeker

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
Well most ppl want PK events including me and it's more fun ... i rether fight 5 min with a player then with a boss who has a lot hp and i can put on a macro , go afk , come back and it's done.

Well If the event is hold in arena you blue names can PK and EPs with blue name can heal members.

Holding sometimes a PVE event is nice ... still 150 gear is easy to get and lvl too ... and same players win coz they know how to play their class or they get lucky 1 time .
If you are bad a PK events ... you can chose to come on it , practice with better ppl , learn your class or you can
simply not attend it.

Lol.

Read buschkatze's post again, and then read again your answer. :)

~~~~~

From me just one question:

You don't count other half of server in ppl?
You said "...most ppl want PK...", which means only PK-ers are ppl.

If some group is less noisy, it doesn't mean they don't exist.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Here's how I remember it.
Syri did the event two different ways:

1. Hide and Seek
Syri gave actual hard clues for a spot. The spot would have 100-200 exp mobs in the form of bunnies in that specific spot. She also made sure to overlook the spot. If multiple came in at once, she would spawn more so it could be more fair for them. Each hide and seek had a minimum of 10 rounds.

The problem with this is way too much exp, especially when its usually the same few people every time.

2. Free for All
Syri would spawn a mass amount of mobs in groups of 10-30 around a big town (e.g. Tusk Town). She would then say the event was starting, and loads of people would swarm in and start attacking them. Syri and another GM would run around and continue to spawn groups of mobs for an amount of time (around 30 minutes).

Same reason as above, this is not as bad, since its really just a bonus 'higher exp' rancor.

These events were especially helpful during the x2 rate after the 10 day rollback.

We cant do too many experience events, it will ruin the server, it will mean that too many people hit the end game and have nothing to do, the midgame will die, and the older, 150 players, who have worked for it, will get frustrated.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Taku

• Just a kitty
  • Bro, it's obvious.
The exp events were only done twice that I was ever involved in.
The HnS and free for all were the day after the rollback because we were trying to help people get stuff back.
The more recent one was just one of the two last minute events I did to say goodbye.

Like Ninjas said, not really something that should be repeated often if not ever again, at least not at the scale we did it. One way it could be better is do a faction version of it so each faction picks a spot and gets mobs, but people would complain saying they want more until they get 150, so you can see the problem.

Offline buschkatze

Lol.

Read buschkatze's post again, and then read again your answer. :)

~~~~~

From me just one question:

You don't count other half of server in ppl?
You said "...most ppl want PK...", which means only PK-ers are ppl.

If some group is less noisy, it doesn't mean they don't exist.
+100 , btw, Ajdin I have 6 lvl 150 fully geared chars, but I am not as noisy as this 'most' ppl u mentioned, who like pk, only pk and there  home is outside west. RPK good, if I get attacked. There are, as geatrix said, other half of ppl who also know how to play ther chars but don't like killing around whole time even  IF they know how to play there chars. You really think only PKers know to play there chars??
<3
PS: How about, as we do, helping Newbies when they call for help with fb, GV, PV?? I am sure is to boring for u
Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:25 am by buschkatze

Offline CENT

what happened to the chest event in the arena or the faction base boss event? 2 pve events that i havent seen done for a while.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
We cant do too many experience events, it will ruin the server, it will mean that too many people hit the end game and have nothing to do, the midgame will die, and the older, 150 players, who have worked for it, will get frustrated.
With all respect to all GM's and their good intentions, but EXP events spoiled few
people and they now expect to lvl up only that way, quick and without any work.

It's nice to have some from time to time, but if we had them all the time
they would stop being events, becoming standard part of the game,
and change its whole phylosophy.

About "too many people hit endgame...", it will happen sooner or later,
slower or faster, one way or another, and some of fully geared lvl 150
players will still know what to do.

For example, I already know and do it. I don't say "boring" for everything.

~~~~~

This time I will speak for just myself:

About some events I've heard too late, but didn't feel like losing anything.
For some others I knew in time, but didn't "bother" to go.

If I'm helping friend/faction mate/newbie (say, lvling in FC), no game event
can drive me away. Only some of "my own events" at home.

IMHO events should be like hollidays or fairs. We know when they are
and don't have them every day in a year. After some fun we go back to "work". :)
Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 03:44 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Marduk

I'd prefer an entertainment event. >:

There's not much keeping me online anymore, honestly. Made/leveled all the alts I cared to make, got all the morai skills, PvP is boring (more a PWE fault than an EPW fault). Need something that will convince me to get back online for longer than 5 minutes.

good point.

“You get out of life exactly what you put into it!”