Epic Perfect World

What was Epic like when it Started?

Offline QUITTTTTEEDDD

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: \

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
I enjoyed old epic pw compared to now played since server was still a 1.3.6 one.

Indulgence

Old EPW days... Hmm, let's see.

- Xpendable, NoHomo, InMyPantz, Oblivion,  NexNation, ArchEnemy, Cimerios, ProjectA, were the PK factions. (There's probably more I'm forgetting)

- Dragon was the original end game gear before R8 came out.

- When R8 came out it was far more hard to obtain than it is now.

- People didn't care so much about gear as they do now.

- You had to wear 2 Dragon rings instead of now.

- Most of the server wore a Lunar or Dragon cape, Supreme took ages to get.

- Was much more difficult to get a character to 150 than it is now. Most spammed GV or PV which gave at most 2% - 3% not being 2x.

- Events like Ares, Fire Legion, Mayhem in Morai didn't exist.

- Supreme robe couldn't be upgraded to Ascended.

- To obtain the Supreme robe you had to do TM the way it is on official. By doing every FB instance.

- BH only gave you 10 EC

- Supply tokens and Nation Wars didnt exist.

- Weapon fash/reskins didn't exist.

- You originally had to donate for a weapon reskin and the only one people really had was the rainbow ones.

- People didn't rely on donating to reach end game and most farmed.

- 2x happened maybe 3 times a year.

- Advanced universe skills could only be obtained by doing AEU.

- Event tokens didn't exist and when they did were tradeable.

- You only PK on one side of NS.

- Main PK areas were West and Misfortune.

- Not everyone had ridiculous stats on r8.

- You couldn't engrave your neck and belt.

- Most settled for having 1 re-engrave stat on their rings.

- ID stones didn't exist. What you named your char is what you were stuck with.

- Gear couldn't have custom gear signatures.

- Veno pets weren't OP.

- Psys couldn't refine their weapons.

- Gold couldn't be bought/sold the way it is now.

- DT events were done more often.

- DT necks used to cost 2k ec along with Warsong belts and cube necks.

- Gold was being sold 5 ec per gold.

- People didn't rely on bringing and calling 50+ people for mass PK.

- Was easier to get the name you wanted to name your character.

- At most 3 people on the server made PK videos and ones weren't posted everyday.

That's all I can think of atm.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Kinda off topic, but who were you and WatchTower on DW?

All I remember is it took me 6 months to get my cleric leveled, mass pks had players who were 145-150, and I was healing a squad for mass pk at level 116.

He didn't disclose that info to me, but I was Destini/Ivy_ on DW.

Oh one more thing: the forums had less ego.  Now it's all over, even in threads that don't need it.  Like this one.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
Man I just knew someone would say worms was alive LOL.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
the good ol" days QQ I miss those times. I was in A Project , there were good solid pk guilds, NoHomo,NexNation,InMyPantz ArchEnemy,Cimerios,  Lots of fun active talkative people to hang out with, Watchtower was GM. Full Nirvy or Dragon gear was The endgame. Levelling from 149 to 150 was lots longer. no engraves. lots less Cube DT  and WS belts, capes were Nirvy or Dragon cuz farming Supreme Robe was a LOOONNNG process doin many runs. Farming area in Forest of songs. There was one faction then that dint really pk but dominated the tw map think Requiem? but cant recal. Oh, and Base Trials used to be great cuz you could exchange the mats for EC (miss that ALOT) , No name change shiz, or gender change shizz. Wc was kinda amusing to read, forums were less full ego self promo oriented, wep skins  were rare. Event tokens could be traded, so much has changed :'(
Last Edit: July 21, 2014, 12:12 pm by ~TheQueenB~
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

-Oxymoronic

- Most settled for having 1 re-engrave stat on their rings.

I used to think I was op when I got my 10 dex and p attack ring back in the day.  :normal-12: :normal-12:

Indulgence

I used to think I was op when I got my 10 dex and p attack ring back in the day.  :normal-12: :normal-12:

I was able to 2 shot people with having HP stats on my r8 gear.

-Oxymoronic

I was able to 2 shot people with having HP stats on my r8 gear.

I like your sig, sir. :police:

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Well i remember when Soul of Silence and my other psys skills were not nerfed and when mystic absorb soul didnt bypassed my voodoos so i couldnt at least resist the 1 shot in white, i remember when we used to get bless boxs in many classes, when bless box of archers used to be -20% chan and when i was not factor.

My damage log collection NEW

-Oxymoronic

Well i remember when Soul of Silence and my other psys skills were not nerfed and when mystic absorb soul didnt bypassed my voodoos so i couldnt at least resist the 1 shot in white, i remember when we used to get bless boxs in many classes, when bless box of archers used to be -20% chan and when i was not factor.

Oh, you.  :normal-2: :normal-3:

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
:normal-16: hard to believe ^^

Ikr?

but I wasn't so brave when I first joined :normal-2: and actually tried to be very nice and girly.

and you know what? I failed :normal-12:

pretending is bad folks, don't do that :normal-4:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Indulgence

I like your sig, sir. :police:

Aw thanks qtiepie  :normal-4:

epws best psychic can u pls tich me ur almighty ways?

Offline Cuddles

• Old Player
  • a basement dweller
  • Characters: Mischa
  • Faction: WeTried
Hall of Blasphemy is still open. You just have to go through Secret Passage, you can fly through it though, no problem. I don't know what City of Naught is....though I think I read that name on a PWI discussion thread that had PW Malaysia's new instance (Warsong)
City of Naught is the opposite of Hall of Blasphemy, and yeah it is the instance design they now use for Warsong. Like they used Hall of Blasphemy, partially at least, for Nirvana. I'm not sure but I think you're confusing Hall of Blasphemy and Hall of Deception. As far as I know both of these old ass instances were only open while the server was in like.. 1.3.6. state? I could be wrong though.

-Oxymoronic