Epic Perfect World

to all the guild leaders out there

Offline LadyRell

• Characters: LadyRell/Rellona
  • Faction: PureHeart
ok to all you guild leaders i need some advice..  my in game hubby and guild leader is talking about quiting irl issue blah blah blah game issues.. but i convinced him to just take a step back and take a break which we all need sometimes.. well he deciedes to d oit  when i have irl issue i need to focus and go afk from game (bad timing lol).. so now im having to step and be leader but im having some issues for one i know i have some good soild people in my guild that i think i can trust  and im pretty sure i made them officers.. im still getting alot of talk that people are bored they want to leave or worse yet want me and in game hubby to just hand over guild to others!!

ok just an fyi my guild is roughly about 100 people with roughly about 20- 30 alts for now with about 10- 15 on at any one giving time! none of us really pvp  and few of us like to.. and i let them do it freely!!we try to do nw together but mostly end up goin our own way cause let face it nw get screwed up from time to time!! and we never seem to have enough on to do guild based stuff? a few of us alway do bhs together  and sometime questlines together but like everything else people are gonna do what they want to do!!

so here what i need to know for those guild leader of strong guilds? how do yall do it? how do you build a stong guild with good people? what do you do when irl steps in and you need to step out?can yall give me any advice as far as how can ramp things up and get people rallied together  and out of the boring..

i never wanted to lead a guild but now that its one that had pretty much been my baby from inception im not about to step down and just hand it over thats like giving your kids over to perfect stranger.. ive seen what happen when leader go inactive and when they leader change its not good on guild or moral!!

any serious advice would be very helpful please!!

Offline gwyn

• Oblivion Leader
  • Characters: AndreaGwyn, GwynAndrea,
  • Faction: Oblivion
I was passed lead of Oblivion 13 months ago, it is a struggle to keep guilds going we have some strong core members, people will come and go, it is hard to find people to trust as officers especially if you are going to take a leave of absence. I have no wonderful advice I have seen Oblivion go from 5 active people up to 150 active people down to 20 with in 3 months. You can say to your guild hey I am going to be gone for a while keep lead, you can pass lead and hope you don't end up booted, it is the proverbial rock and a hard place. If you do keep lead I suggest keep any website you have going and check in once in a while make sure people know they are not forgotten. You could even opt for merging your faction with another, until you can come back on a permanent basis. Factions can always be rebuilt once you find the right officers. Even with what people consider a dead faction Oblivion has made its fair gains in the last year, don't feel bad about needing a break, or real life happening your people will understand. Good luck with what ever you are dealing with.

Level 30 base

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
1st things 1st.. best wishes to you and your faction :)

happy to see another caring guild leader in game.. eagerly awaiting other guild leader's response..

<- guild leader of ALTS but its a new guild and this is my first time being guild leader in this server and i have never faced any of these serious challenges yet and hope i don't face it ever..

personal plans for my guild in future: (initial criteria - active members which your guild has already met)

during the time the first three steps are accomplished the leader has to be extremely active.. with complete confidence no matter how many join / leave / make drama / get bad reputation etc., you will be the only pillar in guild.. must never give up or lose your cool head.. do not rush the process take it slow and steady :)
so here are my personal ideas below..

1. get to know guild members behind the screen.. introduce yourself thread on guild forum..and members thread (not many guilds have this thread atm.. say a list made by leader or director with below details..

a.member name in real life
 b.characters available in guild
 c.favorite in game activity
 d.when they'll be playing mostly ( details on time)

this gives transparency to guild and builds trust between members over time..

2. identify active officers who are loyal to guild and identify their interests in game like PK / NW / TW / WS / TT etc
and allocate each officers separate roles in one or more fields according to their convenience.. to form guild parties to do these activities together..

3. find most trustworthy director for he/she has access to kick members outside guild..
    Primary skills for director -
    a. Most loyal to guild
    b. remain cool headed and not get provoked by trash talkers etc.,
    c. leadership qualities to make right decisions during situations
    d. Managing abilities to be able to assign right jobs to right officers from time to time and monitoring their actions on how they are performing the assigned activities ( leader and director must not keep their hands full by doing the actions personally their actual role is to manage the other officers to whom they split the responsibilities)

when you have such a director you can take short breaks by retaining leader position or long breaks by passing the leadership to director temporarily..

Now for fun part in guild for in game guild activities alone are not fun and it makes us into machines thus losing interest in game or guild over time in my opinion..so

4. Keep the forum alive and make sure members check from time to time and make sure interesting threads are posted from time to time (by identifying members talents in real life can assign their personal corners in forum say arts, music, information outside this game that members recently learned or stumbled across, guild events during players birthdays (adds personal touch to the guild build real online friendship), other events, etc.,

that is all i have planned for my guild for now.. but taking it slowly.. just to make sure members are not here for rewards etc., but even without it they should find it to their liking.. once they do the real entertainment shall be introduced inside ALTS :)

Once again best wishes to you and your guild.. happy gaming have a nice day :)
Last Edit: July 16, 2014, 04:01 am by eon

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
As someone who was an active director of one faction before taking over my husband's faction, it is rough.  I've promoted members who seemed to have been loyal, but then once I had to go away due to RL, they did too.  The only person who stuck around in Mysidia as an officer and a member is Murcas, and she was well aware of my RL issues and stressors.  I have since decided not to try and rebuild again (at least for now), because I'm simply not strong enough anymore.  Not that I ever was; I was a theater major in college...

I remember talking to Steroids about it a while ago, and he said that once you have a core of loyal members, everything else falls in place.  Where do you get the core of loyal members?  It's hard to say, especially if you don't have a huge PK presence. 

Start small.  Let everyone join.  Usually you can tell very quickly who's in it for the long haul and who's gonna bail when something comes up. 

Inversely, don't promote everyone/anyone.  I remember when I was director in the other faction, I was basically leader because the actual lead wasn't there even when he was online (how does this work? dunno).  Once I decided to step down (and consequently leave the faction to join my husband), I gave the leader an idea as to who I thought was deserving of the job.  She eventually stepped down (and left to form her own faction).  Once that happened, the faction started to crumble due to lack of leadership and direction.  You don't want a tyrant for your director, but you want one who will help you.  You want officers who aren't in it for the power.

I still have Mysidia's forums up, and I post updates to what's going on.  I also keep it around because if I do decide to rebuild again, it's there.

Make your presence known.  This goes beyond WC recruitment.  If you have a group of members who like to PK, that's awesome, because that makes things easier.  Maybe run a small event.  On the other hand, you also don't want negative attention, so as I always say, stay classy.  It's very easy to get sucked into the trash talk.  I admit that I was a bad girl a few days ago on my cleric...oops.  It's human to slip up.  Don't make it habit.  Remember, the action of your faction members reflect your faction as a whole.

I think that's it.  Eon covered a good chunk of it.  Good luck <3

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
I've been leader of Rawr for around 6 months now and I wouldn't call it a big guild. And I'm no good as a leader but, to keep the guild running, having some loyal officers is always needed. Other than that, keep the chat alive, drama-free and always recruit. As far as I know, that's all you need.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
I've been leader of Rawr for around 6 months now and I wouldn't call it a big guild. And I'm no good as a leader but, to keep the guild running, having some loyal officers is always needed. Other than that, keep the chat alive, drama-free and always recruit. As far as I know, that's all you need.

Don't lie, Dispose has always been your best officer.

I'm no help here, but good luck with everything. It won't go on forever, and you should remember that. Just keep your head held high and everything should be okay. :)

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
well I don't know about big, strong guilds but.. once I joined a guild. Few people welcomed me, saying "hi" and including some shitty jokes. One of the jokes was "but director is a dick, you might want to leave soon". I checked the player's rank, he was a director and for sure a dick, too. So I left the guild immediately, without even bothering to insult them before doing so. Moral of the story --> don't be a dick, especially when you're a director of the guild. this isn't always true tho *cough*

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Ally Server.. Survive.. grab a pickaxe and grow strong !
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Liquidstep

• Old Player
  • Call me Chill becaus i like to chill

Lul  :))
Im Liquidstep and you may see  me at NS

Favorit place to  Chill there.

Chillstep - 150(sin)
Liquidstep - 150(Archer)
SlushyStep -  150(Mystic)
DreamStep - 150(cleric)
ChillyStepZ - 150(wiz)

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
:normal-2:
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Solomon

• Forum Veteran
find people like Swane Insanity Robert Elly Redix Maxy Laurice and you make top guild

Offline Liquidstep

• Old Player
  • Call me Chill becaus i like to chill
find people like Swane Insanity Robert Elly Redix Maxy Laurice and you make top guild

you get them  then you get fanclubs after you :D
Im Liquidstep and you may see  me at NS

Favorit place to  Chill there.

Chillstep - 150(sin)
Liquidstep - 150(Archer)
SlushyStep -  150(Mystic)
DreamStep - 150(cleric)
ChillyStepZ - 150(wiz)

Offline Squiddy

• Old Player
  • Losers Everywhere
  • Characters: Shorti, PinkPanda
  • Faction: Xpendable

Offline xXSwaneXx

• i wake up
  • i throw up
  • Characters: Insanity
  • Faction: Xpendable
Where is my name? Do you want to disband?
i feel like i'm dead