Epic Perfect World

Client armor modify

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
the icon that the game reads from the elements.data has icons for both male and female. here is a way that MIGHT get you the results you want.

download PW_DEV tools, and use an elements.data editor (like sELedit) to find out what icon model name the gear is reading from. for example, look up red dragon armor in sELedit, find out the icon model name (12345 for example, it's usually in chinese characters and some numbers). knowing the model number, you will need PW_PCK tu unpack the models.pck file. from there you can look up the file 12345 which would be the name of the icon that red dragon plate reads from. it's usually a .ecm file. i'm not sure of a pw dev tool that can edit model files, but if there is one, you would edit that file and change the female icons to male icons. save the .ecm file, use PW-PCK to REPACK the new models.pck file, and put the new models.pck file in your game folder. note editing any file with dev tools is purely cosmetic.
make this guy agatio assistant xddddd

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
It's a nice idea but from what I know it wouldn't work because the elements on the server and elements in the client need to match.

Oh wait I said something irrelevant. Didn't read everything, but yeah still, he doesn't have access to Epics elements.data nor know how to work with the .pcks.

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
It's a nice idea but from what I know it wouldn't work because the elements on the server and elements in the client need to match.

Oh wait I said something irrelevant. Didn't read everything, but yeah still, he doesn't have access to Epics elements.data nor know how to work with the .pcks.

Holy shit right there, I mean woah!!! Access to element.data or working with .pck extension... That is rocket science right there! So hard!!!! Epic sarcasm for geeks who think stuff they do is hard for normal people - just an excuse of why they don't fit into normal people category =_=

As far as I know your sentence is wrong, it doesn't have to match - the check is skip-able easily. That's how you got nude mod for PWI which makes everyone naked ;)

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
If it's not matching the patcher will for ever say that is not up to date ..low version or sh1t..

Offline DignityPK

If it's not matching the patcher will for ever say that is not up to date ..low version or sh1t..

Search Google there exists an updated element client that doesn't require patcher.

Offline 🌸

• -
  • Characters: Mercy, Sigh
Holy shit right there, I mean woah!!! Access to element.data or working with .pck extension... That is rocket science right there! So hard!!!! Epic sarcasm for geeks who think stuff they do is hard for normal people - just an excuse of why they don't fit into normal people category =_=

As far as I know your sentence is wrong, it doesn't have to match - the check is skip-able easily. That's how you got nude mod for PWI which makes everyone naked ;)

Elements in server and client do have to match 'from what i know' is what i said, which you misunderstood. I also said that it was irrelevant because I simply misread what he said. No harm done...

Also, I was just saying that someone who doesn't know anything about .pck files might struggle... Just an opinion. ???

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Elements in server and client do have to match 'from what i know' is what i said, which you misunderstood. I also said that it was irrelevant because I simply misread what he said. No harm done...

Also, I was just saying that someone who doesn't know anything about .pck files might struggle... Just an opinion. ???

Everything you said made sense; ignore DignityPK, he's one who just likes to pick holes in posts...
Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:47 pm by Harry

Offline 2

• Old Player

crucial parts of the server's custom gear (for example all of epic pw's custom gear) would need to match in order for a player to craft these items and not have Wrong Item (asdfg) all over. however, the procedure i explained to him and what he wants accomplished doesn't require editing the elements.data itself but rather getting into the models.pck, and a client can run basically any type of models.pck of the same version, even with a few minor changes (in this case a few icon models).

everyone has access to epic's elements.data. we all have its client-side file, and from there you can still look into it using an elements.data editor. opening .pck's are easy. if anyone takes a good 10 minutes (maximum) to figure out how to work the PW_PCK dev tool it's a piece of cake. this is all purely cosmetic.

this won't be a problem. as i said only a small part of models.pck will be edited and this error occurs with the .data files or .pck files that are from another version (example a 1.3.6 models.pck copied into a 1.5.1 client) if all else fails and you do something completely retarded then you can just make a .bat file to run the game straight from elementclient.exe and bypass the patcher

Offline DignityPK

Everything you said made sense; ignore DignityPK, he's one who just likes to pick holes in posts...

I do like to pick holes, but the point of my post was because she misguided - it would take much longer than a few seconds to scan the whole models.pck so the theory that you wouldn't be able to get into game is not true.