Epic Perfect World

world chat spammers

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
80% of spamming is from like less than 10% of players.
we dun expect that every spammer get mute or ban. but I see some ppl do it several times, ppl that insist on spamming should get perma mute in my idea.

and shutting wc isn't a good option, since u may need to sell or buy something in that period of time or do some stuff like bh/fsp/hdd or anything else. so u can't just simply turn off wc.

the cooldown will help a lot, 20-30sec of cd will help controlling the spamming in my idea.
20 - 30 is too much. That will prevent buyers/sellers/genuine wc users from shouting too. They don't spam but they do repeat.

10 seems fair but still, if they really want to spam, they can dual client. Well, not sure if they would go that far, but if I wanted to, I would.

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ
80% of spamming is from like less than 10% of players.
we dun expect that every spammer get mute or ban. but I see some ppl do it several times, ppl that insist on spamming should get perma mute in my idea.

and shutting wc isn't a good option, since u may need to sell or buy something in that period of time or do some stuff like bh/fsp/hdd or anything else. so u can't just simply turn off wc.

the cooldown will help a lot, 20-30sec of cd will help controlling the spamming in my idea.
No.Just no.20-30 too much.Let's be serious,you dont buy and sell things 24/7 or every second you are in game.?Is easy.If there is anything you wanna sell/buy you open chat and close it when you are done.If there is spam,send 2-3 mesagges and try later.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
If you don't like people spamming, BL them - it's that easy, or even turn WC off. Why would Aga implement something just because people are too lazy to Right Click, Block?!

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
If you don't like people spamming, BL them - it's that easy, or even turn WC off. Why would Aga implement something just because people are too lazy to Right Click, Block?!

This has nothing to do with "being Lazy". I believe it was created to try and control the out of control attention seekers with some GM intervention !

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

This has nothing to do with "being Lazy". I believe it was created to try and control the out of control attention seekers with some GM intervention !

To deal with attention seekers, don't give them any attention, i.e. block them.

Logic is flawed against this.

yunie1

Back when I played I didn't block people unless they were just interrupting my conversation with somebody else(on guild chat, normal chat). When you're trying to sell/buy something and spam is going on, just wait untill they get tired, they eventually will.  Nobody will be able to sell/buy while this is going on so don't worry; your sellers/buyers won't go poof.

As for racism/insults/discrimination goes, yes, that is something I just can't stand so I block that person for a brief period of time, I give them my own kind of mute, then I unblock them. Who knows when that person might be willing to buy/sell something I have/want? So no, I don't block permanently I just mute them myself :) And you have to be highly sensitive and immature to go past the 200 limit(in MY opinion).

I don't have any kind of trouble with just avoiding the chat while this bs is going on, you know..it's not like someone is holding a gun against you, forcing you to look directly into the chat box  :normal-19: And again, if you have something "URGENT" to do you can just wait up, they won't go on for the rest of the day and you won't die for waiting.

Offline Mynx

• Awww Jam it
  • Born to be real, not perfect
totally agree with what Poisioned said (damn if i wasnt ninja'd on most of those points), ill BL if necessary but never permanent, and being brutally honest Gm's do what they can when theyre online, the spammers are always gonna be there, for whatever reason, we all just deal with them in different ways.
Good friends are like stars, you don't always see them, but you know they are there.....

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
Here are too many rules for world chat users,
bt have any rules for nationally insult in wc???

answer is no!
i'm not insult every pinoys but 70% of them have IQ = 0,
'indians are carpet sellers'
'indians are noob'
'indians are idiots'
bla bla bla...
LOOOOOL

its make me cry, swane (everybdy called him GRANDMASTER) also indian, Steroids (in game and forum he help alot) also indian, Magestic (GAMEMASTER) also indian, and abt me ??
 i'm indian..!
 i'm not joke but that is true those fcking ppls REKT abt indians,

if game mod or developer check this post please make a rule abt nationality insult in wc!!
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 05:23 pm by Salim

scxclfbdnkgw

How is a 20-30 second cooldown on a teleacoustic too much?!?!? If you're saying something every 10 seconds like you've said you ARE spamming. You shouldn't try to repeat something you're selling in world chat until at least ~15 lines have entered chat and your message has been pushed out of the window. I think the cooldown on teles should be about 1 minute.

Honestly, you have some serious problems if you're world chatting every 10 seconds to spam something.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
its make me cry, swane (everybdy called him GRANDMASTER) also indian, Steroids (in game and forum he help alot) also indian, Magestic (GAMEMASTER) also gm, and abt me ?? i'm indian i'm  joke here but true those fcking ppls REKT abt indians,
Shh don't tell everyone.

Offline Rozaria

• 花樣年華
  • Faction: Xpendable
If you find a racist comment offensive rather than false then you are a racist yourself.

1. How is this relevant
2. I didn't realize offensiveness and falsity were mutually exclusive

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
World chat not for kids ;))

use wc when you trash talk and you became professional,

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
World chat not for kids ;))

use wc when you trash talk and you became professional,

>became
>came
>ca
>a

Sorry, NO.

Offline Аlex

• Forum Veteran
  • Disbanded all those brokies multiple times
  • Characters: Hysteri
  • Faction: Adversary⚜Prominent
the suliton is simple man, just blacklist all ..what`s so hard?

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
the suliton is simple man, just blacklist all ..what`s so hard?

Because the cap is 200...?