Epic Perfect World

world chat spammers

Offline AuH.s.n

• SnE
  • 80% of success is showing up.
as its so obvious, and lot of ppl getting annoyed by some wc spammers and their trash talks and meaningless shouts in world chat, I think that GMs should do something about it.
as I see its usually just 2-3ppl that floud the world chat for over 20-30mins with totally meaningless shouts and they usally insult and abuse others alot.
I think that for ppl that keep trash talk and spam on wc, should put a permanent mute, and Gradually clean the wc from this kind of ppl.
if someone try to make new chars for that purpose and want to insist on it, can perma mute on his ip oso.

all I see from Gms right now is warning and mute for brief period after they done abusing others.
this won't work with current condition.
and Unfortunately can't just simply blacklist every spammer since it got a limit.
Just DotA, For Ever, Till The End
I'm Not that Good
Maybe am in F*cking, But not at evrything!
زندگیمو میسازم، اونطوری که میخواهم

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
so in your opinion you wanna mute everyone in the game permanently.
what would that help with ?

we are not warning, we are warning and taking actions, just cuz u dont see it doesn't mean we don't do it.

we do not believe in taking such privileges from people so fast, we give ppl their chances, when it becomes out of control they will be punished accordingly dont worry.

Offline ✪Ocalewyn✪

• Ocalewyn Sage EA
  • I don't read books but I am 40 stories high! ;)
  • Characters: Ocalewyn,Senisten,Fapperz
  • Faction: Still Looking :P

we are not warning, we are warning and taking actions, just cuz u dont see it doesn't mean we don't do it.

^

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
1.1.  No spamming, flaming, insulting other players, starting drama or excessive vulgarity in public channels.
         Breaking this rule will result in the following:
 1st. Player will be warned.
2nd. Player will be muted for 4 hour.

2.   No harassing or serious insults, this includes, real life/family insults, racism, sexual harassment.
       Breaking this rule will result in the following:
1st. Player will be banned for 1 day. (The Staff on EPW do not tolerate family insults nor racism).
2nd. If the player continues with the harassment the account in question will be banned for 7 days. (This implicates returning with an alt character/account to keep the problems going).
3rd. Ultimately if the player continues causing problems and insulting other players, the IP related to that account and related accounts will be banned permanently.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Well my two cents:

1) This may be happening when a GM isn't on.
2) We warn once then mute. Sometimes we don't even warn at all if they are repeat offenders
3) For repeat offenders, their punishment is increased each time. For example on some cases, for each offence, it is another hour's mute and that includes alts (1st = 1hr, 2nd = 2hrs etc)
4) For serious offences, racism, constant abuse, we ban, we don't mute. I can assure you those people are punished properly. 
5) Some people will never learn. Some people don't care about rules. However, we can't be ridiculously strict for a game. Yes, it is against the rules and yes, we do punish people severely if it is deserved (I, for one, have a zero tolerance on racism) but for general trashtalk and spamming, it is still a game. This happens everywhere and on every game. For some people, it is one of the fun elements of the game, the competition, the rivalry.

You have a blacklist capacity of 200 and you can always switch worldchat off. I understand it is a pain, but it happens. I can assure you that we do punish and for those that deserve it, we punish hard. I'll remind you that you cannot see the bans and mutes we give out. People just assume that others have gone unpunished but that's not the case.

^This

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
lol GM's don't perma mute anyone http://prntscr.com/3u15pa

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
lol GM's don't perma mute anyone http://prntscr.com/3u15pa
you cant cyber anymore loooooool

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
What if u put a cooldown on worldchat like the one in nation chat? 10-15 seconds would be enough to make the chat be fluid. Saw this thing in other games, chats were better there, just saying.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
After TW/PK flaming mostly never gets muted. A few GMs actually take action, others procrastinate/give 1000 warnings.

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
What if u put a cooldown on worldchat like the one in nation chat? 10-15 seconds would be enough to make the chat be fluid. Saw this thing in other games, chats were better there, just saying.

This^^ on a game where I was GM we had this and it was a huge help in spamming in general
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
It's natural in perfect world in perfect world to spam, it won't help with trash talking..... Even if you did make a cool down people will still trash talk each other so there is no point to me really unless you beg to differ =/.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline Moogle

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Moogle Serendipity
It's natural in perfect world in perfect world to spam, it won't help with trash talking..... Even if you did make a cool down people will still trash talk each other so there is no point to me really unless you beg to differ =/.
^
This dont see any point. Wont really stop it since spam on wc and trashtalking is pretty normal here.

Offline eon

• eager 2 learn new things
  • THINK - The Human Intelligence Nears Knowledge??
  • Characters: rishi
  • Faction: Ducks,ALTS
Sorry to insert my query here

I agree GM's are taking actions from time to time.. but there are also times when GM's are busy people insult others with racist comments etc., especially some check for support chat room or ask GM help just to test if you guys are watching or offline and then chat freely insulting others..

My query can we report their chat using the player hacking system.. so the chat gets recorded and given to GM's for action when they come back online ??

Sorry but a Cooldown will make a difference by reducing the spam etc.,

Its like saying anyway someone with skills in lock picking and determination will break into our house why bother a lock on door.. it still provides additional safety and restricts number of trespassers..

So +1 to  Cool down on  World chat if possible.. much appreciated in advance ty
Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 01:14 pm by eon

Signature Credits: http://lonicera-mancer.deviantart.com/
Self Freedom applies only when it doesn't affects the Freedom of another person who follows this quote
happy gaming, have a nice time both in game and in real life :)

PS: Like Insanity's ornaments of magic dmg red/def lvls

http://www.ducks.shivtr.com/
http://alts.shivtr.com/

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
If people don't like the spamming, the solution is to use your blacklist.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Well, you could do what I do. Take a screenshot and send it to any GM online on the forum. I usually see Melody online and she logs in to deal with it (thanks btw XD) but yeah, immediate fix is blacklist and/or disabling world chat.