Epic Perfect World

Changing aspect of PVE?

Offline DignityPK

• Faction: Factionless.
Okay well, it's going to take some time to reply to that.

1. I didn't say it was easy for a cleric, I just said I've seen a lot of clerics easily solo PV. Again, PV isn't the only way to get EXP. Hell, it's not even the only instance to get EXP from.

2. It took you 40 minutes....on a Psychic? Answer honestly, did you kill 1 mob at a time? It barely took me 10 minutes on my Psychic, would've been 7 minutes or so if I had better speed (and concentration, whew) but 10 isn't bad either.

3. Yes, barbs/bm/seekers take 5 minutes. Not because they can pull and tank like a God or because they have BP. It's because their movement speed is naturally better than AA classes + they have skills to increase it. (except barb but well, Tiger form = win) Also, PV is mostly physical mobs, which means, HA classes with pdef will be able to pull more. Not to mention, those classes are MEANT to pull.

4. It's good that you check how much the mobs hit you but well....on a psychic, you can use AoE stun and/or Psychic will, mystics = heals, wizard = expel, cleric = heals, venos = no idea but someone else could tell you what to do as a veno.

5. BP. Is. Not. Why. HA. Classes. Can. Do. PV.
I never had BP when I did PV on my barb. BM can easily make do without BP (Roar of the pride -> HF -> AoE spam) Seekers, you said it yourself, easy tank. If uncertain, pull a lot (1/2 to full PV) and use AD while Vortex.
Sins, well, they rely on BP but that's their own buff, so, you really shouldn't be arguing about it. Also, PV on a sin isn't as good as FC (even more now that FC gives more EXP)

6. Lol. Psychics can only pull 20 at a time. And AA classes can't pull half of what HA can. Okay. I think you really do kill mobs 1 by 1. I'd advise reading:

Yes, I did mention getting BP but that is as a safety precaution. I have tried and successfully done PV under 10 minutes without BP on those chars using the same combo.

Steroids I know you can write as much as you want, but saying that you do 1/2 pulls on a psychic is just funny - as I said I can tell you right now that my EP at 110 with water gear totally owned the whole XP + ARTI + Salvation + Your guide with only tempest, but I am so busy that I can't show you the video... It sounds as ridiculous as that because you're only throwing words, as I said I'd love someone to show me how they do PV under 10 minutes with a psychic/cleric without Dragon/R8.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Hello there, since you are that fast I would love to see you show me a video of you finishing PV in 7 minutes with 130 Armor and 145 Nirvana weapon, no pills too :) Thanks!
Just saying it's really likely to be what you're saying is bullshit.
First of all, you already lied, it's impossible to do 135 with 2 pulls unless you're a lucky sin - Why? Because at the start after the mobs there is a wall of freezers and there is shytload of freezers everywhere, you get frozen as AA you're instantly dead.
Second of all, I tried doing pulls - I die from 40 mobs if each of them hits me once.
Waiting for your proof, you can show me in-game if you want since you are so good at all classes :).
I really do have to ask this now, have you ever really done PV? Because it is SUPER easy to dodge those freezing mobs. I was dodging those freezes after 2 - 4 runs, easily. Also, get Faith on your genie in case you do screw up. Not spammable but yeah, will save your ass for the time being.

If you are a Cleric and 15 mobs kill you within seconds.. youre definitly doing something wrong. Sorry
You have IH and Plume Shell, right?
You have either Sage Vanguard Spirit or Demon Stream of Rejuvention.
Guardian Light, Wings of Protection...

And no it does not take 30 mins either. At least not for everyone. Didnt for me, doesnt for most from what i read here.
I haven't played EP myself so I don't know. But when I was new to the server, Rawr's leader ran me through PV 135 once on her 149 EP and I didn't even have to help with AoEs. She easily pulled 1/3 and finished the run in under 10 minutes.

Also, we're just repeating our points now (since he isn't even trying to do what we're saying) so, can we get a lock here?

Steroids I know you can write as much as you want, but saying that you do 1/2 pulls on a psychic is just funny - as I said I can tell you right now that my EP at 110 with water gear totally owned the whole XP + ARTI + Salvation + Your guide with only tempest, but I am so busy that I can't show you the video... It sounds as ridiculous as that because you're only throwing words, as I said I'd love someone to show me how they do PV under 10 minutes with a psychic/cleric without Dragon/R8.
Come online right now.

Offline DignityPK

If you are a Cleric and 15 mobs kill you within seconds.. youre definitly doing something wrong. Sorry
You have IH and Plume Shell, right?
You have either Sage Vanguard Spirit or Demon Stream of Rejuvention.
Guardian Light, Wings of Protection...

And no it does not take 30 mins either. At least not for everyone. Didnt for me, doesnt for most from what i read here.

Shield dies when your mana runs out and with mobs it runs out in 2 seconds if you stop to do an AOE, or let's just say 1 hit from each mob.
Also, don't forget clerics don't have a movement buff - using genie's holy path takes 75 energy which takes some time to regenerate and if you stop with shield on, you're going to get interrupted since you don't have an AOE stun.

Offline DignityPK

I really do have to ask this now, have you ever really done PV? Because it is SUPER easy to dodge those freezing mobs. I was dodging those freezes after 2 - 4 runs, easily. Also, get Faith on your genie in case you do screw up. Not spammable but yeah, will save your ass for the time being.
I haven't played EP myself so I don't know. But when I was new to the server, Rawr's leader ran me through PV 135 once on her 149 EP and I didn't even have to help with AoEs. She easily pulled 1/3 and finished the run in under 10 minutes.

Also, we're just repeating our points now (since he isn't even trying to do what we're saying) so, can we get a lock here?
Come online right now.

I am online, I WC'ed your name.

Offline ~TheQueenB~

• ~#IDFWU~
  • $$ Life is Good $$
  • Characters: I am Legion
  • Faction: GAME=FUN Leader
- 1 not needed or necessary ...I did solo pv on all my arcanes,  and still do most things like Bh and instances solo as necessary. arcanes have self preservation skills to assist in surviveability, also genie skills, and even simple pots. There are other ways to level also not just pv if you find it difficult or boring see all our helpful guides for tips and pointers.
~RUMORS are carried by HATERS, spread by FOOLS, & accepted by IDIOTS~

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Mystics, clerics and wizards have a constant heal they can use.
Every AA class has a good survival skill to use so they don't die, also we have genies.

This is highly unnecessary and cannot be done by Agatio.

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
Arcanes have hard time soloing instances?
Tried on myst, MG and WF, all can solo quite effectively...

Why won't you just roll an aps class instead of posting such bs as bp on arcanes?
It takes max 3 days to lvl it, don't try to make it look hard.
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Storm❤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
Arcanes have hard time soloing instances?
Tried on myst, MG and WF, all can solo quite effectively...

Why won't you just roll an aps class instead of posting such bs as bp on arcanes?
It takes max 3 days to lvl it, don't try to make it look hard.

that's because you are naturally op.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

scatterer3

I am pretty sure most of the people who say it is easy for cleric never even tried to solo PV, first of all I am not implying it's impossible - I am saying that it takes too long comparing to other classes - Soloing PV problems with my psy started at PV125, eventually I got to 135 and it was way too long - around 40 minute for each PV comparing to 5 minutes it takes BM/Barb/Seeker/Sin to do it.
On my cleric I didn't really have problems in 125 but at 135 it was taking around 30 minutes to solo it because of the extremely small pulls and chi gain problems/genie energy.
On my cleric I get hit 700 from each mob, on my psychic in black it's 1k in white it' 500, on a wizard it's 600, on sin/archer it's 300, on bm it's 200, on barb 200, on seeker it's around 150. The only reason BM/Sin/Barb are doing well in PV is because of BP, Seekers def is too high so they don't really need BP that much. The only reason wizards and archers can do pulls is because archers/wizards have almost same phys.def and both of them can kite easily with their knockback skills. I find that on a Psychic it's a suicide pulling more than 20 mobs in white voodoo, on cleric 15 is enough to kill you in few seconds - running away back always takes a lot of time and then going back, and repeating.
It would be nice if AA's could at least pull half of what a sin can pull. Everyone who said that AAs have high damage that compensate for the lack of defence, well it's not high if you die without using it.
Wasting 2 sparks on 10 mobs is annoying and very un-playable... The only reason I can level my cleric is because newbies sins/archers/bms can pull and never find out they could solo it easily.

PV 135+ is the last PV instance after PV 125+ and PV 110, everyone expects it to be harder and a bit more challenging. With level 110 items you can make it through to PV 135+ within 5 (PV 110/125) runs max., but not continue on PV 135+ (solo). You need Nirvana items to tank larger pulls and 1-2 shot mobs down. More time tanking = more damage on you, so you have to 1 shot mobs, which requires better armor and a weapon of course, which again costs time to farm (most skip this). And btw PV 135+ earns you more XP when in a 4 men squad. Be thankful you don't have to experience the rates I did, where 149 to 150 was a pain...

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Shield dies when your mana runs out and with mobs it runs out in 2 seconds if you stop to do an AOE, or let's just say 1 hit from each mob.
Also, don't forget clerics don't have a movement buff - using genie's holy path takes 75 energy which takes some time to regenerate and if you stop with shield on, you're going to get interrupted since you don't have an AOE stun.

sigh.. ive been playing cleric long enough. i know we dont have movement buffs and i know plume shell drains mp like nuts and i know the only thing close to anything like a aoe stun is a demon tempest and thats just a 25% chance.

i dont see why u cant either save some of your genie energy or apoths to get some distance between you and the mobs when u wanna start attacking. -> no interrupts.
or use it for AD or Pan Gu or something simular.

Build a good Genie -> Stack IH -> pull as far as Genie carries you -> either circle back to where ure coming from (can go wrong if you get too close to ur mobs since uöl be running past them) or run to a rather empty spot. (with apoths or w/e) Stop -> Plume Shell -> if ure Demon throw a Stream of Rejuvention and ur mag attack Buff, if Sage use Vanguard and channeling Buff, Tempest, Razor Feathers -> Mobs will probably start hitting you now -> Guardian Light -> Wellspring Surge / IH as needed - mp should be out for a sec or so now soon as much as i recall. -> once thats back Sirens Kiss -> some of the mobs will be dead now / also ur Holy Path should be rdy again -> get some distance - IH - repeat. If Holy Path isnt rdy yet just keep using IH/ Wellspring, throw on Wings of Protection etc. Srens Kiss and IH dont get interrupted very much. Primal Version of Wellspring doesnt get interrupted by normal Attacks at all.

Or when ure done pulling you just use AD / Pan Gu / whatever and do the same thing close up. Works either way. I always preferd the distance thing somewhat more idk why

scatterer3

sigh.. ive been playing cleric long enough. i know we dont have movement buffs and i know plume shell drains mp like nuts and i know the only thing close to anything like a aoe stun is a demon tempest and thats just a 25% chance.

i dont see why u cant either save some of your genie energy or apoths to get some distance between you and the mobs when u wanna start attacking. -> no interrupts.
or use it for AD or Pan Gu or something simular.

Build a good Genie -> Stack IH -> pull as far as Genie carries you -> either circle back to where ure coming from (can go wrong if you get too close to ur mobs since uöl be running past them) or run to a rather empty spot. (with apoths or w/e) Stop -> Plume Shell -> if ure Demon throw a Stream of Rejuvention and ur mag attack Buff, if Sage use Vanguard and channeling Buff, Tempest, Razor Feathers -> Mobs will probably start hitting you now -> Guardian Light -> Wellspring Surge / IH as needed - mp should be out for a sec or so now soon as much as i recall. -> once thats back Sirens Kiss -> some of the mobs will be dead now / also ur Holy Path should be rdy again -> get some distance - IH - repeat. If Holy Path isnt rdy yet just keep using IH/ Wellspring, throw on Wings of Protection etc. Srens Kiss and IH dont get interrupted very much. Primal Version of Wellspring doesnt get interrupted by normal Attacks at all.

Or when ure done pulling you just use AD / Pan Gu / whatever and do the same thing close up. Works either way. I always preferd the distance thing somewhat more idk why

Why not use Earthquake as well.

Offline Neve

• Forum Veteran
Why not use Earthquake as well.

never tried.
I just wanted to show her how its doable.
Doesnt mean my way is the only :) might not even be a good way, but works fine for me^^

Thing about Earthquake is just that ur Genie doesnt have unlimited Energy and you`ll have to decide which Skill you´d rather use

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
PV 135+ is the last PV instance after PV 125+ and PV 110, everyone expects it to be harder and a bit more challenging. With level 110 items you can make it through to PV 135+ within 5 (PV 110/125) runs max., but not continue on PV 135+ (solo). You need Nirvana items to tank larger pulls and 1-2 shot mobs down. More time tanking = more damage on you, so you have to 1 shot mobs, which requires better armor and a weapon of course, which again costs time to farm (most skip this). And btw PV 135+ earns you more XP when in a 4 men squad. Be thankful you don't have to experience the rates I did, where 149 to 150 was a pain...
Nirvana mats in base now so....really not much of a big deal anymore. And.....more xp from a squad is an urban myth. Xp from squads is actually lower. But, since 4 people finish runs pretty quickly, they get more xp in a less period of time. Of course, finding a good squad is a pain. Most people will just invite an EP, get buffs, and kick. So, in my opinion, soloing is better, irrespective of the class.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Not possible. bb.

Offline Nooby

• Nid to git gut
  • Modder
  • Characters: Noobward and Alts
  • Faction: ?!?
lol kid seriously.This entire thread is a joke anyone that knows cleric or psy can tell you how easy it is .But if you keep asking for proof instead of taking notes ,trying ,learning all you do is seem ignorant of the classes you complain about.

Well since cleric was pretty much served im gona leave that one alone.
As a Psy PV is EASY...you said something about 130 gear and 145 weapon.Well thats what my psy had till he got his r8.
You dont tank mobs in PV with a psy you kill em before you take damage any damage you take in run is while you pull and that is something your charm can easily keep up with. Once you have a decent number of mobs after you...like 1/3 or so i usually dubble back a bit in an arc just so all the mobs would get to me about the same time then PSY WILL its a neet skill you get no phys damage for 8-10 sec ,and AOE like a mofo .If psy will is not enough (if u sage)use bubble of life Expell combo or AD/PanGu/ironguard whatever you have and finish the job. Rinse repeat.
The timing and avoiding the freezers is just experience and practice .So less QQ and get cracking.

so what use is that bp for a psy if i dont take damage while i kill the mobs ?...not like bp saves my charm ticking while pulling? Learn class please, think a bit .