Epic Perfect World

BMs and Dual Edges

Offline Loralei

• Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
  • Characters: Loralei - Sage Sin
Heya guys, what's up?

So I recently made a BM, and I really want to use dual edges for him. What would you recommend as a build, like more dex, more str, that sort of thing? I like being unique I guess, that's why I wanna do dual edges (mostly because I see BMs using fists/armed or axes and such and I wanna try doing something different.

If anyone has advice for this sort, lemme know :3
P.S. No 'just go do axes or something else' bs, cuz I really don't care about the banter, no offense. :o
Loralei - 150 Sage Sin
Lunae - 150 Demon Archer
TaiaLeonhart - 150 Sage Seeker
Lunarei - 145 Sage Cleric
KarIiah - 145 Sage Venomancer
Xatai - 150 Demon Wizard
Noxwood - 135 Demon Blademaster
Loralai - 124 Psychic
_Lykaios_ - 136 Sage Barbarian
Zethyr - (pending) Mystic
NightingaIe - 123 Sage Archer

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
  • Jealousy is just love and hate at the same time.
  • Faction: Salvation
Before I give my advice on dual edges, I'd hope that you're not planning on being a wr who only uses 1 weapon.  I can tell you that a wr in this game is never 100% effective unless it utilizes every weapon in the game (especially since some skills can't be casted without certain weapons).  If you want to use dual edges as your primary aps weapon, you should still keep in mind that you'll still need a pike, sword, axe, and claw in your bag for situational purposes.

The benefit of using dual edges as opposed to claws is that the dex requisite is lower.  You trade attack speed for higher damage per hit.  However, most wrs go high dex for crit/accuracy purposes when they aps.  The reason most use claws is because they already went for higher dex (since accuracy and crit are pretty op), and more aps means more chi and usually more damage output in most situations.  (For most wrs who 1v1, they use between 320-460 dex)

If you want to use dual edges as opposed to claws, the way you would benefit would be to use less dex than you would have used with claws so that you would benefit with the additional damage.  This would compensate for having less aps than you would with claws.  However, you would find yourself missing more on HA/LA classes.

If you were an aps barb, going for a dual sword build where you don't stat enough dex for claws but still manage to aps with dual edges, you would be alright since you would have bloodbath.  Since wr's haven't had a viable accuracy skill before this patch, it has been extremely rare to see a wr with dual edges.

Even though you don't want to hear it, I can tell you that it wouldn't benefit you to use dual edges on a wr.  However, if you wished to do so, I would suggest around 260-280 dex and all the rest in str.  It would be desirable to use the upgraded meteor rush more often in this build while fighting HA/LA classes since it lowers enemy evasion.  Dat extra stun doesn't hurt either.

Ok i wrote too much sorry bye  :normal-37:
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:10 am by Cynix
I'm basically 40

Offline Loralei

• Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.
  • Characters: Loralei - Sage Sin
It's alright ^^ Thank you. I'll most likely make other weapons to go with him ^^; Which ones would you most likely to recommend to go with dual edges so I could switch weapons for certain situations if I go with 260-280 dex, with the rest being strength?
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:15 am by Loralei
Loralei - 150 Sage Sin
Lunae - 150 Demon Archer
TaiaLeonhart - 150 Sage Seeker
Lunarei - 145 Sage Cleric
KarIiah - 145 Sage Venomancer
Xatai - 150 Demon Wizard
Noxwood - 135 Demon Blademaster
Loralai - 124 Psychic
_Lykaios_ - 136 Sage Barbarian
Zethyr - (pending) Mystic
NightingaIe - 123 Sage Archer

Offline SQUISHY BARB

• Characters: SQUlSHY
It's alright ^^ Thank you. I'll most likely make other weapons to go with him ^^; Which ones would you most likely to recommend to go with dual edges so I could switch weapons for certain situations if I go with 260-280 dex, with the rest being strength?
dragon Axe. stun and GOF
r8 def level axe
SQUlSHY - Sage DPH Barb White Panda
__SQUISHY__ - Demon Mystic - alt

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?

A defensive r8 pole axe would be your tank weapon.  For the purpose of DpH damage, dragon dual axes should also be in your bag.  Dragon long sword is also recommended.  Pike is necessary for meteor rush stun and glacial spike.  If you planned on doing mass pk, a set of claws to cast bolt of tyreseus would be nice.  Claws are also necessary for cyclone heel I believe.  However, claws require 298 dex, so I guess those would be out of the equation if you statted down for the dual edges being your primary.  Again though, it's not recommended.
I'm basically 40

Offline Ormin

If you want to use dual edges as opposed to claws, the way you would benefit would be to use less dex than you would have used with claws so that you would benefit with the additional damage.

Right.

My BM is Dual Edges BM. I use Myriad Sword Stance, but for HF and
some other AoE's I still carry Dual Axes.

Build would be: with your gear on, and already added all dex from it,
add some more dex, just enough for dual edges. The rest all to str.

Since you will already have enough dex, just replace HA helm and wrists
with LA helm and wrists, to get one more -int set bonus.
Use Pan Gu and Energetic Lunar Cape for two more -int.
(Or Divine Ignorance or Tender Slaves, and Dominance cape.
Equip them, reset points, add just enough dex for edges again,
everything else to str.)

To do both, HF and MyrSwdStance, good to have Cloud Eruption and
Chi Siphon on your genie. (66 Genie Vit and 100 genie Mag will help.)

GL :)

Offline Cynix

• Who is Cynix?
Right.

My BM is Dual Edges BM. I use Myriad Sword Stance, but for HF and
some other AoE's I still carry Dual Axes.

Build would be: with your gear on, and already added all dex from it,
add some more dex, just enough for dual edges. The rest all to str.

Since you will already have enough dex, just replace HA helm and wrists
with LA helm and wrists, to get one more -int set bonus.
Use Pan Gu and Energetic Lunar Cape for two more -int.
(Or Divine Ignorance or Tender Slaves, and Dominance cape.
Equip them, reset points, add just enough dex for edges again,
everything else to str.)

To do both, HF and MyrSwdStance, good to have Cloud Eruption and
Chi Siphon on your genie. (66 Genie Vit and 100 genie Mag will help.)

GL :)

While I don't agree with using myriad personally (or genie chi skills in the middle of a fight), I agree that the axes are more of a must-have than the other weapons (since HF is pretty OP).  If you want to HF something, it's better to keep them locked while doing so.  Most people would instinctively run if you used all your resources on HF and Myriad.

As for which LA pieces you would use for a proper aps set in full dragon, most actually prefer light wrist and boots over the helmet.  Keeping the HA helmet allows higher hp in the end if I remember correctly.
I'm basically 40

Offline Ormin

...Keeping the HA helmet allows higher hp in the end if I remember correctly.
I don't disagree, but don't want to accept this for myself. Little higher HP was not enough.
Tried few different things on my own.
With LA boots you lose 200HP and 900 pdef, while gain 400 mdef.
Wrists and legs, wrists and helm, boots and legs, boots and helm, legs and helm...
At lvl 130 farm some more Leaf/Sand and make all gear you want to experiment with.
See for yourself what suits you the best.
Or go to forge and read gear stats.

Which reminds me of having two different rings, mage and might. :)
By using one "wrong" ring you lose more than you gain.
(Especially mage classes. They get nothing from might ring.)
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:16 am by Ormin

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
If you're planning on going APS with dual edges, I think it would be better to do that on a seeker. You'll be able to use all skills. And for the build, you'll need a tome with int, Supreme cape/Lunar cape and a combination of HA and LA. With all of this, your base APS will be 2.86 (can't get 3.33 with dual edges) and with demon spark, you'll be 4.00.

Offline Anima

On bm you need: axe, claws/fist, long sword, pike. You need at least 1 def lv wep (axe or long sword with 20+ def lv) and the rest can be dragons weps, you will need all of them in 1v1 and mass pk, forget about dual edges they are a waste of time. This is only my opinion anyway, you can do what you like it's a free world.
Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:00 am by Anima

Offline Ormin

On bm you need:

You mean YOU need.

Instead of claws getting dual edges makes a bit less APS for a bit more DPH.
I don't see some advantage of claws in that.
Only more str for axes for AoE's.

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
You mean YOU need.

Instead of claws getting dual edges makes a bit less APS for a bit more DPH.
I don't see some advantage of claws in that.
Only more str for axes for AoE's.

2.86 with 35k patk or 4.0 with 30k patk, which is better? Not to mention the chi gain. You're ofcourse free to do as you please and use dual edges, but it is inferior to claws in 99 out of a 100 cases, stating otherwise would be a lie.

Offline Omnium

• O,..,O
  • Rawr
  • Characters: Omnium/Twooty/Niani/...
I like the idea... But if you really want to deal damage... Go for claws :s
And as a finishing touch, God created the dutch.

Offline SQUISHY BARB

• Characters: SQUlSHY
get x3 int on r8  wrist and mix with 2 pcs HA and LA dragon and you are 3.33 base. 5.0 sparked. problem solved and you deal  more damage than claw.
SQUlSHY - Sage DPH Barb White Panda
__SQUISHY__ - Demon Mystic - alt

Araqiel

get x3 int on r8  wrist and mix with 2 pcs HA and LA dragon and you are 3.33 base. 5.0 sparked. problem solved and you deal  more damage than claw.
and lose 10 def lvls from dragon set bonus
gz u r now 1 hit to arcanes