Epic Perfect World

Some Suggestions--Fists, Claws, Versatility, and Bare Hands

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
Greetings. I wasn't sure if these should go into the New Weapon Reskins Suggestions thread, or if they'd just end up creating clutter.

To get right to the point, my first suggestion is for fist and claw reskins to be usable with all weapons. (If I remember correctly, they only work with fist and claw weapons--though other reskin types will work with fists and claws.)

Imagine a Cleric casting Wield Thunder from his/her hands (or thereabouts) instead of one of those ill-named "glaives" (glaives are actually polearms, IRL). A BM could be an unarmed martial artist (as I imagine mine as, primarily)--like a monk in other games, for example; his/her hands would glow with the energy of his/her fighting spirit.  Psychics could have noticeably glowing hands instead of a rather small and hard-to-notice Soulsphere. So on, and so forth. Your imagination can take it from there.

(You could even go so far as to remove the weapon requirement on the reskin items, assuming all of these things are possible in the first place.)

Someone else actually deserves the credit for my next suggestion--someone in the reskin suggestions topic (or in this subforum) suggested invisible fist reskins. I think that it'd work well for anyone who wants a barehanded spellcaster or fighter (as I exemplified earlier). It was a suggestion made fairly long ago, so it might have been forgotten. Being as good as it is (at least in my opinion), I felt it was worth bringing back to everyone's attention.

Thanks for reading.
The one and only.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Greetings. I wasn't sure if these should go into the New Weapon Reskins Suggestions thread, or if they'd just end up creating clutter.

To get right to the point, my first suggestion is for fist and claw reskins to be usable with all weapons. (If I remember correctly, they only work with fist and claw weapons--though other reskin types will work with fists and claws.)

Imagine a Cleric casting Wield Thunder from his/her hands (or thereabouts) instead of one of those ill-named "glaives" (glaives are actually polearms, IRL). A BM could be an unarmed martial artist (as I imagine mine as, primarily)--like a monk in other games, for example; his/her hands would glow with the energy of his/her fighting spirit.  Psychics could have noticeably glowing hands instead of a rather small and hard-to-notice Soulsphere. So on, and so forth. Your imagination can take it from there.

(You could even go so far as to remove the weapon requirement on the reskin items, assuming all of these things are possible in the first place.)

Someone else actually deserves the credit for my next suggestion--someone in the reskin suggestions topic (or in this subforum) suggested invisible fist reskins. I think that it'd work well for anyone who wants a barehanded spellcaster or fighter (as I exemplified earlier). It was a suggestion made fairly long ago, so it might have been forgotten. Being as good as it is (at least in my opinion), I felt it was worth bringing back to everyone's attention.

Thanks for reading.
Good idea, I'd like a psychic to actually use psychic powers instead of a weird sphere.

But, in your opinion, is it really worth the time? I mean, these aren't pre-defined skins that he can just import, he'll have to make these himself. (Not even sure if that's possible, some parts of the game cannot be changed) It's just appearance/fashion, should time really be wasted on appearances....?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I might be mistaken but I believe some were blocked due to animations glitching if certain weapons are used with certain classes.
Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 04:16 pm by Feone

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
If u using lets say "wrong" fash weap than animation will be missing.. Game is made that way i don't think it will work..
You can see that at loging screen. If your toon have wrong fash weap, toon will stand still and will not preform stuff  (try pataka weap fash on wiz for example)

Offline Gigaknight

• The Black Knight
Good idea, I'd like a psychic to actually use psychic powers instead of a weird sphere.

But, in your opinion, is it really worth the time? I mean, these aren't pre-defined skins that he can just import, he'll have to make these himself. (Not even sure if that's possible, some parts of the game cannot be changed) It's just appearance/fashion, should time really be wasted on appearances....?

You have a very good point. That being said, it was only an idea I wanted to share--where it would be on the list of priorities would be at the discretion of the staff; I never did imagine that cosmetics would take precedence over more important aspects of the game.

I might be mistaken but I believe some were blocked due to animations glitching if certain weapons are used with certain classes.

A fear of this being the case was at the back of my mind, but I wasn't sure whether it was rational or not--thus, I made this topic. I felt that proper feedback would enlighten me.

If u using lets say "wrong" fash weap than animation will be missing.. Game is made that way i don't think it will work..
You can see that at loging screen. If your toon have wrong fash weap, toon will stand still and will not preform stuff  (try pataka weap fash on wiz for example)

Very true--I did notice that.

Thanks, everyone, for your responses.
The one and only.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
It's totally possible to do the whole "not fash" thing, and if I'm not mistaken you can get it to work on all classes without glitching (idk about ea's though.)

And it'd be totally cool if Aga did that, I hate weap fashs for eps.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
I've suggested this before

but seems like it was ignored

good luck tho :normal-4:

only thing is that hands would probably look weird, id think it's possible to change it O_O
Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:26 pm by dad

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
I'm all for this idea. Psychic spheres are lousy, along with some other classes and their weapon skins.

As for if it's worth the time, why wouldn't it be? It's an aspect that can reach out to every player who enjoys the cosmetic point of the game. It seems like it'd be a nice project and a unique thing to add to this server.

Offline csenger41

• Characters: Nandiel
  • Faction: Girls
If not this is the case, I would like to see this in game.
+1

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
Yes.
For as long as I've remembered I've wanted to play wizard without a weapon visual, bare handed. Just feels natural

If this is possible then I'm game 100%
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do