Epic Perfect World

Lvling a veno?

Offline lilshaud

Hi, I want to play a veno, but i hear that is one of the hardest classes to lvl and gear because they are not needed  in GV or dungeons.

So, what is the best way of going about playing a veno as a newbie? Should i aim to get into a random guild first or what?

And is GV to only way to lvl fast?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Hi, I want to play a veno, but i hear that is one of the hardest classes to lvl and gear because they are not needed  in GV or dungeons.

So, what is the best way of going about playing a veno as a newbie? Should i aim to get into a random guild first or what?

No, GV is not the only way to level fast. PV is the fastest way to level (if you don't count SLS and other XP giving items) GV is suggested to archers, seekers and clerics because, they are on high demand for full GV squads and it requires less effort.

As a veno, you can try finding a squad for PV, maybe you can join a PvE guild and look for other players that might be PVing as well. For gearing, it'll be easier if you had multiple toons. Or a farming toon (sin for example)

Offline Deli_Kitty

• PW addict since 2009.
  • Characters: Deli_Kitty
  • Faction: GodsArmy
As a veno, you can try finding a squad for PV, maybe you can join a PvE guild and look for other players that might be PVing as well. For gearing, it'll be easier if you had multiple toons. Or a farming toon (sin for example)

Agreed. I suggest you to get EXP blessing from daily lemur quest and also Training Esoterica (or silkworm). You can also get 10% EXP ornament from marriage quest (I think it takes 2 days to get it, but not sure anymore, after that you can exchange those hearts from MQ for lvl scrolls. And after you get all those lvling bonuses, get some buffs, rez+guardian scrolls and go PV.

If you gonna do it alone, after you pull mobs use Parasitic Nova on them to seal most of them, it will give you enough time to use Noxious right after and kite a bit, then use noxious again until mobs die. Its safest way until you manage to 1-2 hit the mobs.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Playing a veno can be difficult on this server, especially leveling it.
I would suggest learning how to quickly tab between your fox form and normal form. You will need a good genie for tanking abilities, I would suggest Absolute Domain, Expel, Wind Shield.
I would also suggest putting some vit in, so you can take hits better without instantly dying.
Also take it slow, don't do huge pulls, you will die.
Run training esos constantly. If you are doing PV, use an eso. You get more XP faster that way.
Also, if you want to go crazy, you can get some Brew of Morai and Dew of Star Protection pots. The morai pots will make your defenses and attack go up, while the dew of star protection pots will reduce the damage you take for the next 20 seconds.
(:
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Kensou

• nonfactor123psy
  • Characters: Kensou
  • Faction: NostalgiaRawrКошмар
Venos are one of easiest classes to level once you get the hang of PV, but i would suggest you complete your cultivation quest as it would make your life easier.

Also, get a properly skilled genie with skills like Holy Path, Absolute Domain, and Cloud Eruption.

Normal veno combo (considering full three sparks and magic mobs reduced)

Pull (on fox) -> Human Form -> Parasitic Nova -> Noxious Gas run a bit then Noxious Gas again.

If you have non updated equips, you can do Thorns Barrier -> Noxious Gas -> Parasitic Nova -> Noxious Gas.

Also, don't forget the Red Baby quest from the Emerald Fairy and the martial arts scroll that you can change for silkworms for 50% more exp.  They can help you level fast.
Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:21 am by PsychUp

Offline Guess Who

• Old Player
Get and use a harpy asap and always use it when lvling if you don't already it makes lvling easier and quicker.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
Agreed. I suggest you to get EXP blessing from daily lemur quest and also Training Esoterica (or silkworm). You can also get 10% EXP ornament from marriage quest (I think it takes 2 days to get it)
It takes 5 days D: But yeah, do the daily Gods Giving quest, CS in Morai, Faction Base Quests and after 135 or 140, start doing BH (you can start earlier too but you'll have trouble finding a squad that wants a low level) MQ itself is good xp, but I suggest you save up for the belt, unless you think you'll be 150 in under 5 days.

Offline ~Venom~

Umm not exactly true.. I live in GV on my veno. Since i'm demon nova has a 95% (more like 99%) chance to make all mobs have a little HF effect(30% more dmg) along with the silence and seal... I've never had any complaints in fact in one case I got proposed to... :rolleyes:

Also with the new harpy pet and its spam-able AOE venos have decent AOE dmg...and lets not forget the always ready noxious gas lol. Also if you have some extra Apocalypse pages you may want to pick up the AOE version of Myriad Rainbow if the p.def/m.def debuff procs expect high especially if u do it before Nova.
To become a god you need 3 things...
A little knowledge, A little power, And a whole lot of idiots.

Offline Ormin

Nope.

Take your lvl 150 seeker (or someone with seeker or sin) and follow in FC, and at 135+ add follow in PV too.

This post was only half serious, but you never know...

Offline Sideris

• Angie
  • Characters: Sideris | Baderis
  • Faction: Ducks
I levelled my veno without a genie. Ain't nobody got time for that.
(So if you have one, es gonna be much easier, if you don't have one, is harder but not impossible).

Just get in fox form, do small pulls, half corridor the first, half room the second, and so on.
You don't need holy path if you're demon.

Just keep an eye out of mag mobs, fox form, pull, noxious gas, nova, noxious and run if they're not dead yet. Then spam noxious again. Kyte as much as you can.

And don't forget your life savers like Soul Transfusion.

Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 10:09 am by Sideris, Reason: Engrish

Offline sakurabak

I would not bother making a veno on this server. it takes too much efford and gives too little benefits.
Do what most players on this server are doing, make an archer or asassin and join a strong faction.
This server isn't good for an ambitious player, you will only be dissapointed due to bad game mechanics and weak community.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
I would not bother making a veno on this server. it takes too much efford and gives too little benefits.
Do what most players on this server are doing, make an archer or asassin and join a strong faction.
This server isn't good for an ambitious player, you will only be dissapointed due to bad game mechanics and weak community.
I don't know why you haven't left this server already. You are always complaining about the staff, the community and the whole game.

Anyway, there are plenty of good venos. Choose your own class, no matter how OP other classes are. Stick to the one you like.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
In August it's gonna be 2 years since I play this server ( yay... )
Been playing veno as a main since October the year I joined.
Still playing her.
I'm satisfied with her.
Can't say I wanted to play her back then, I used to be in Xpen and they needed venos over archers. But in the end I'm happy with playing her.
Yea lvling her was a pain in the ass. But I lvled my bm before her so I started to farm for ecs, to know better how to lvl, abuse glitches ( I joke, sadly there's not any lvling glitch, sadly for players, good for GMs ).

My advice for you would be to try to lvl a more needed class in those dungeons ( in my opinion best would be to get a sin or bm? ) and u can use it to farm FC mats/ECs to buy sls.
Gearing isn't so hard, if you vote each day 2 times in a week or so you get enough gold for r8 so you can skip the dragon gears since none use em anymore. Plus if you have another 150 char it's easier to level and farm, trust me, most of the stuff I farmed for I did it either with bm or sin.
With the New Horizons patch and new dungeons the venos are needed more than before xD

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
In August it's gonna be 2 years since I play this server ( yay... )
Been playing veno as a main since October the year I joined.
Still playing her.
I'm satisfied with her.
Can't say I wanted to play her back then, I used to be in Xpen and they needed venos over archers. But in the end I'm happy with playing her.
Yea lvling her was a pain in the ass. But I lvled my bm before her so I started to farm for ecs, to know better how to lvl, abuse glitches ( I joke, sadly there's not any lvling glitch, sadly for players, good for GMs ).
My advice for you would be to try to lvl a more needed class in those dungeons ( in my opinion best would be to get a sin or bm? ) and u can use it to farm FC mats/ECs to buy sls.
Gearing isn't so hard, if you vote each day 2 times in a week or so you get enough gold for r8 so you can skip the dragon gears since none use em anymore. Plus if you have another 150 char it's easier to level and farm, trust me, most of the stuff I farmed for I did it either with bm or sin.
With the New Horizons patch and new dungeons the venos are needed more than before xD

Old veno.

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline BriEsT

• Don

Dont listen too this retard he makes no sence , make veno . Lvling with veno is hard as Ely said ( you can still do it tho will take time ), try getting a farm char like sin ? idk , buy sls and gl .