Epic Perfect World

Disappearing characters.

Hello, I haven't been playing EPW in quite some time due to exams and such, when I logged in, I saw I had no characters, I spent money, real money on these characters and put time into these characters too, I am quite frustrated to be honest, is there any way to retrieve my characters?

I'd post screenshots but sadly my laptop is being a bit stupid so, I'm not going to bother, and I don't think I need any for this situation.

Offline Psychopomp

• The Red Prince
  • And on the 13th day God created Scorpion.
I was gone for a long time as well, and I'm guessing the same thing happened to me. From what I gather on other topics, everyone's characters were erased at some point in time due to some issues.

Bah... I had a lot of real money from my friends and myself put into that account. I'm also wondering, seeing that my characters are most likely all gone, if I can get all that back? My donation thing says my latest (put together) was about $115... So...

Amazing art made for me by Vesabean!

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
it was just a 10 days rollback that happened once so I really doubt that older characters would be 'erased'. If you cannot find your characters please give me their names and I probably will be able to restore them.
Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:22 pm by Agatio

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
  • 私は天使です - Watashi wa tenshi desu~!
There was a 10 day rollback only. I don't know the exact dates of when it started and ended but it was just a rollback. Not a complete character erasing. That is unless you made all your characters in those 10 days. With the real money spent, this is kinda weird cause normally the donated money was sent to your account again with extra gold but if there isn't a character to put it onto.. Make a new character and talk to agatio about it. He might have records of donators.

Erm well. Looks like agatio posted just before I did.

My character was Hotaru, she was the only one I remember, ^^; the only one I care about anyways haha.

Edit: My username was Turrethugger as well.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
My character was Hotaru, she was the only one I remember, ^^; the only one I care about anyways haha.

Edit: My username was Turrethugger as well.
it shows me that she is still in account turrethugger
is your account empty?
http://i.imgur.com/M6mzg.jpg
Still don't have Hotaru.
That other character there is just one I made to look around the game with early on today. ^^; I hope it doesn't mess up anything or anything.
Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 08:37 pm by Turrethugger

Offline Psychopomp

• The Red Prince
  • And on the 13th day God created Scorpion.
Whew, mine are still there. Silly game gave me a heart attack. Sorry for the trouble, there, Agatio.

(And love the avatar LOL)

Amazing art made for me by Vesabean!

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Turrethugger, are you sure that you launched the right server?
I cannot find the character 'Kuriro' in our database, lol
check the serverlist.txt in patcher folder, it should be:

28000:178.33.234.187
I think we found our problem, it says in the server thing:

US West
[EN - PvE] Archosaur        29000:pwiwest4.perfectworld.com   6
[EN - PvP] Lost City          29000:pwigc3.perfectworld.com   5
[EN - PvE] Sanctuary        29000:pwigc2.perfectworld.com   4
[EN - PvE] Heavens Tear   29000:pwigc4.perfectworld.com   3

US East
[EN - PvE] Raging Tide       29000:pwieast3.perfectworld.com   20
[EN - PvP] Harshlands       29000:pwieast1.perfectworld.com   9
[EN - PvE] Dreamweaver   29000:pwieast2.perfectworld.com   10

Europe
[FR - PvE] Lothranis         29000:pwieu1.fr.perfectworld.eu   54
[DE - PvE] Momaganon   29000:pwieu2.de.perfectworld.eu   55

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
install this:
EpicPW Descent Patch

Once you download the patch, please follow the instructions in info.txt file.
For more help, check this guide http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=709.msg5247
(guide is made for Genesis version, but it works in same way for Descent).

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
Whyyy does it have the pwi server listt. Anyway. HI HOTARUUUUU. Strange that it disappeared though o.o the first time I saw you was at vos and that was when I started epw >.< but my characters are still all here.. Well apart for my archer. What a cruel fate for her q.q she was given life! And had it taken away 2 days later lol.

Ah, well it seems to be just me being in the wrong server~ I shall be back very soon hopefully. Or at least in the two hours it takes to download this silly thing. Anyway, hopefully this will work and I will be murdering monsters and such. It is sad to hear that your archers life span was so short.

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
Lol and then there's my doomed Barbie. Had 2 days left until being deleted. And then he ended up out of delete mode. But probably gone by now lol.
I've gotten my character back and such, ^^ thanks for the help Agatio and such~