Epic Perfect World

How to reduce lagging and boost your gaming

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I have a decent computer atm, if i use maximum processor state at 77% (because if i try to set it to 100% my pc overheats) i get a decent ms in afk spots like..30 fps..but in mass...it goes mad, if i'd use 100% i'd get 20-30 fps in mass pk..but my pc would turn off after 30 minutes cause of overheat. , coz i have only 3 coolers with 1700rpm...i'd buy a new cooler, but again, not going to pay something that i don't need...i guess im fine with 11 fps in mass pk:-? i just aa:((((
Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:11 am by Insensitive

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Very nice guide, Deli. A lot of people don't know about these settings and that a lot of lag issues are not server side so all we get is
'GM LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG'
'FIX LAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG'
'WTF GM LAG'
'FCK U GM'
Although I doubt those people read forums but I have somewhere to send them now.
Thank you c:

-get's 1shot by random player-   DAMNIT GN.

I have a decent computer atm, if i use maximum processor state at 77% (because if i try to set it to 100% my pc overheats) i get a decent ms in afk spots like..30 fps..but in mass...it goes mad, if i'd use 100% i'd get 20-30 fps in mass pk..but my pc would turn off after 120 minutes cause of overheat. , coz i have only 3 coolers with 1700rpm...i'd buy a new cooler, but again, not going to pay something that i don't need...i guess im fine with 11 fps in mass pk:-? i just aa:((((

Yea I have a pretty decent pc as well.  In the really big mass pk I just drop down to 1-3 fps.  Bigger TW's too, it's annoying.

The simple models option helps though, I'm glad they added that.

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
50 ec to the one who'll screenshot my character nakid in the village of dreaming cloud

must be good quality, at least 2x in F9 camera settings

first PM gets the prize
:normal-4:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Nea

• Game Master

-get's 1shot by random player-   DAMNIT GN.

Yea I have a pretty decent pc as well.  In the really big mass pk I just drop down to 1-3 fps.  Bigger TW's too, it's annoying.

The simple models option helps though, I'm glad they added that.
with the simple models i get 10 fps...in mass, it's not that bad, sadly i see every1 like some stupid puppets, still, as deli said, idgaf, i kill anyway. But ye, i'll have to search for 1 more cooler or water cooling system/nitrogen, even if it's expensive...it will make gaming better, but first i have much more important things to do. Game isn't that important anyway..

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
with the simple models i get 10 fps...in mass, it's not that bad, sadly i see every1 like some stupid puppets, still, as deli said, idgaf, i kill anyway. But ye, i'll have to search for 1 more cooler or water cooling system/nitrogen, even if it's expensive...it will make gaming better, but first i have much more important things to do. Game isn't that important anyway..

I doubt newer/better hardware helps a game engine this old much.

My gaming pc does little better than my crappy old laptop.  It just runs more clients at the same time without issues.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
I doubt newer/better hardware helps a game engine this old much.

My gaming pc does little better than my crappy old laptop.  It just runs more clients at the same time without issues.
It does, i just go into screen saver setup -> power management, and there i can set how much will it use, if i set it to 70%-80%, it won't overheat, if i increase it..it goes a lot....i need 1 more cooler so i can rise it to 90% activity, that would increase fps to like...30-40...20 in mass pk xD or 2 coolers on both sides, to decrease the temperature , that would let me run at 100% efficiency.

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
For the haters: im 18,in school to, in saturday i go work, and solely with this 1 day / week i work i can save up like 300euro/month?

Know how I got my laptop? It was a birthday gift.  It's gonna be another 7 years before I can get a new one, unless someone gives me one for a present.  Also, it may be tons easier where you are to find a job; it took me 6 years and moving from NY > Cali > Bumfck Nowhere, MI to find one.   Add on other money gouging responsibilities, and yeah, $1,000, hell, even 500, is hard to come by.

Anyways, this is very useful info.  I'm gonna actually do a defrag while I'm out today.  My comp's only a few months old, but constant maintenance helps with not just gaming, but sanity itself.  It ain't fun when even surfing the net's a crawl.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Deli_Kitty

• PW addict since 2009.
  • Characters: Deli_Kitty
  • Faction: GodsArmy
bump since so many ppl still complain about lags and dont know how to reduce it >__<

Offline The_Accountant

• Characters: Talana/JadeEmperor
  • Faction: Salvation
Gamebooster only supports 1 client... so, it's only good for 1 running program?
I am the Punishment of God, and if you had not committed great sins, God would not have sent you a punishment like me upon you. - Genghis Khan.

Offline Treatment

• L' Extreme Meme
  • dicks out for harambe
  • Characters: Local
  • Faction: Tempted
Good guide , thanks  :police:

Offline S-PAG-HET

• Post Farmer of the Year
  • Nah..
  • Characters: Nothing to see here
  • Faction: please disperse
The Game Booster u use is not helping to me.. :sad:

Offline Tyroth

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Tyroth
No problems at all 120fps np
go alienware
My man *highfive*

Offline TeruTheGreat

• Moderated
  • Tyrants Legend
  • Balance expert
  • Characters: Teru
  • Faction: Tyrants
The Perfect Computer Setup for PWE!

My friend MagicParadox and I have tested the game on identical systems with different Graphic Cards (r7 and r9) and different clock settings. He used an Intel processor, i an AMD FX. Since the server lags alot we had to figure out how to run it the most energy efficient and spent some hours of testing. The shocking results are...

The CPU:
-3,4 GHz CPU power! The game requires 3,2-3,3 GHz to run on 99-100%, so we put it on 3,4GHz to have 3% space for MassPk, Events etc. and it runs fluently as best as it could! The game does NOT use multiple cores, only if You multi-client and then it`s one client per core! This can NOT be changed! You must sadly stick to it...

The GPU:
-445 MHz of Graphic Card power! 340-380 is what it needs the most.  Onboard cards often have 400, so your laptop will run well! The 445 MHz are only used on Multi-Clienting or at events. Helpfull is a high RAM Frequency, while it`s not required or changes anything. A downclocked GPU of 790 MHz will allow You to run the game perfectly and watch videos or do internet stuff next to it. You will end up at 445 MHz this way whilst you give it more space by chance. In empty areas, the R9 went down to 50 HZ (!) sometimes, due to it `s better energy management.

The RAM:
-4gb of RAM for single clienting! On Events, the game can run up to 3,3gb straight on each client... If You use a 64bit system, use at least 8gb since up to 1,3gb can be eaten by the OS. A high frequency does not mean it runs faster. Important are CL`s (Clock Latencies) aswell as the right handling of the files. The game is really old and isn`t optimized, so you can use any RAM (or play a bit with Latencies for a more "luxurious" feeling...).

SSD or HDD?:
-SSDs improve the initial loading time of cities and areas but don`t affect the gameplay at all. In the test, the SSD even had a deficit of 2 fps once the game was loadet after entering a new area!

The Internet:
-When PW was made, the internet was slow. The game needs 8-23 kb. Reducing the computer`s package size (files being transferred) can reduce the felt lags but it won`t affect the game at all. Most of the people say "My internet is too slow!"<No, it is not!

Conclusion:
The game is CPU intensive only, nothing more, nothing less! Once You got a CPU with 3,4GHz, there`s nothing more You can do to increase the performance since the server is too slow to offer a better ping rating! Still, in areas like Heaven, the game goes straight to 54-58 fps or more. There are 4 channels with different populations and once You begin lagging, switch to one with a lower ping (ms)! I have installed a software for "Profile" settings, allowing me to downclock the graphic card the way i need it! This makes it run more silent + i waste less power = better for the Nature since a highspeed GPU does not affect the game while the power is still eaten!

Tricks and Hints:
-A clean Operating System is required! Any update routine and all the autostarts can slow down all the tasking You do!
-Issues with AMD Radeon Graphic Cards are well known! Using multiple monitors can half Your GPU`s output even the device is shut! Unplug the cable and the driver may work well again!
-For a "perfect" GPU setup, try to figure out when the CL hits your frequency and find the perfect match! But this is nano second thingie stuff and only looks awesome!xD
-These tests are absolute! There is no room for discussions since they were done professional by cookie monsters! If Your system is without bad software/autostarts etc., this is the exact setup for this game!

PS: I`m not a nerd! My R7 card was way too loud, especially in summer, and to save the 100-300 bucks for a new card i`ve learned and tested this all and i think it`s better to do this than working many hours irl to get the money while i have a graphic card already... Aswell it`s better for the nature! And next to it, Knowledge is Might, right?;D
Clueless. Frequency alone doesn't measure performance 

Offline Mercenary

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Lol I run on 100% everyday 24/7 and get 1-5fps in mass pk and 20-30 with 4-5ppl around, if a squad is around like 15, my laptop isn't built for gaming but w.e, these steps already applied(have been for 3years), any help.
jopaer/Mercenary