Epic Perfect World

Give Venos their job back!

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

To be honest that war avatar pet is OP because like a gm, it has this anti stun that will not go away... becomes a pain. I say this because when I used to play 1.3 back then, you kill the Hercules pet or Phoenix pet then... the veno is pretty much done for. This new pet however, is something that cannot be stopped if the veno heals it constantly and the person can't stun it.. Just like barbs having the new mighty swing skill. On 1.3 they had to hope the stun would work but now they can spam it easily....

Not derailing Wf or anything... it's just the way it is now.....

That antistun isn't as good as it sounds. Pet's have a "glitch" I guess (has been in the game for years) that lets it use skills even while stunned, slept or sealed. Just by re-clicking it.

The new skills on veno pets are random, with a recast system similar to r8r. The antistun is one of the decent ones, though IMO the atkllv/deflvl or small chance to stun  procs are better.

As for killing pets, put a damage over time effect on them. Then finish them off when their hp is down a bit.

--
That being said, I agree the war avatar needs a nerf though. The cooldown on it's AOE stun is too low.

Offline Esok

• Tobi ★
  • As i live all will die. ★
  • Characters: Esok ★
  • Faction: None★

To be honest that war avatar pet is OP because like a gm, it has this anti stun that will not go away... becomes a pain. I say this because when I used to play 1.3 back then, you kill the Hercules pet or Phoenix pet then... the veno is pretty much done for. This new pet however, is something that cannot be stopped if the veno heals it constantly and the person can't stun it.. Just like barbs having the new mighty swing skill. On 1.3 they had to hope the stun would work but now they can spam it easily....

Not derailing Wf or anything... it's just the way it is now.....

what he said, i for one who play veno as a secondary class can see that it's completely broken with this new pet lol.
Esok★

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
ok so after reading 8 pages,

i think it is safe to say nothing will be change,

since the purge proc rate is like 5% and thats low enough,

maybe the war avatar pet will(?)
but I'm not the one to complain since i'm a mystic, have no prob with it

so

nothing will be change i guess c:
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline Tavern

• Old Player
what he said, i for one who play veno as a secondary class can see that it's completely broken with this new pet lol.

Tbh, they were broken already when the owl and drake was released, even useless wfs like apawolla and bewitch could kill me if I wasn't fully paying attention..

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Tbh, they were broken already when the owl and drake was released, even useless wfs like apawolla and bewitch could kill me if I wasn't fully paying attention..

To be fair. Both of them have great gear, way above average. They both also have decent timing on the stuns. It's not weird that an amazingly geared character with a decent player can kill easy.

The same applies for any idiot 3spark occult sin. Don't pay attention for 2 seconds and they can hierobug you no problem.  Or any spark archers. Or any firecombo wiz. Or any spark airabsorb mystic. Etc, etc.

A class isn't broken because some random player can kill quickly.  The broken part on the pet is the way it can stun ridiculously often.

Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 11:05 am by Feone

Vegas

As for killing pets, put a damage over time effect on them. Then finish them off when their hp is down a bit.

Sandfall and crown of flame dont hit much on a pet with a lot of HP and they can just heal it again, I gave up on trying to kill the pet but the low cooldown CC on the pet is annoying as fck and got me killed more than once.  :'(

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader

Hmmm yes, but even with the owls or drake, not many wfs could kill a smart player that knows exactly what to do and when to do it. When I used to fight other Wfs on this server, I had little to no problem with the owls and would kill the Wf easily when I outplay it.

But now(Inactive atm) even if I out play a Wf in a 1v1 that pet is annoying with unlimited antistun and def levels QQ....

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline NyaSama

• Anime <3
  • Characters: NyaSama
  • Faction: Artifex

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Sandfall and crown of flame dont hit much on a pet with a lot of HP and they can just heal it again, I gave up on trying to kill the pet but the low cooldown CC on the pet is annoying as fck and got me killed more than once.  :'(

Wait for the DoT of those to hit once, then nuke it, that should dispose of a monkey. It's a royal pain to heal them against DoT's. Since they hit so delayed & a bunch of times in a row.

Drake has boatloads of HP though, those are a bitch to kill unless you're a psy, mystic, ep or seeker. (telekinesis, absorb, mark of weakness, edged blur 1shot them.)
See, the problem is just there. If I want to purge my target i have to get in its melee range and risk getting flanked by the group of their allies. An opponent can see me approaching and get ready to faith/spark/ad just in time not to get purged. I can't count how many times I've had an enemy archer use wings of grace which I want to purge, just so they would pop an ironguard as they see me approaching. And even that wouldn't be the problem if my channeling wasn't so low, that there is no chance to cancel the purge I've already started casting. In the meantime, an archer can purge me at most random times from triple the range I can purge them from and all while doing full damage.
To compare it, the duration of wings of grace is 15 seconds. An average aps archer will hit at least 15 times in that time, if they don't get stunned. Now allow me to quote
which means that more often than not, an archer will purge another archer's wings of grace even before its effect wears off. In that time, a wf can try to purge it once and if they are unlucky enough for an archer to use ironguard/faith/absolute domain, they are now without any chance to purge for another 25(30) seconds.
Aww, thanks for quoting my reply. It has been deleted by unknown for some unknown reasons.  :sad:
Yes, you're right. In pks, people can use faith, ad, pots, or skills to block veno's purge. But this also applies to the spirit blackhole purge, except the purge is completely random. The difference is that a veno can time her purge but an ea cannot. This explains why veno's purge is still more powerful than ea's one. Also, by using spirit blackhole bow, an ea gives up on his attack level. Unlike ea, a veno can still choose whatever type of weapon she wants while having the ability to purge with 100% chance. After considering all these, it would make sense that ea's spirit blackhole seems a little bit more OP than veno's purge, although it is not as it seems.

And yes, an average ea can hit at least 15 times in 15 seconds, but only with the demon quickshot buff that procs 50% of the time (we are not talking about eas with more than 1 base aps, since they are very rare). But again, people can always use skills/pots to block the purge, so it really depends on luck in eas' case; but a veno would have a better chance if she is managed to time her purge precisely.
Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 03:58 pm by IDuKnow

Offline ahed

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Artifex/Apollumi
everthing become easy in this game
now u can 1 shot players even if u flying

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Aww, thanks for quoting my reply. It has been deleted by unknown for some unknown reasons.  :sad:
Yes, you're right. In pks, people can use faith, ad, pots, or skills to block veno's purge. But this also applies to the spirit blackhole purge, except the purge is completely random. The difference is that a veno can time her purge but an ea cannot. This explains why veno's purge is still more powerful than ea's one. Also, by using spirit blackhole bow, an ea gives up on his attack level. Unlike ea, a veno can still choose whatever type of weapon she wants while having the ability to purge with 100% chance. After considering all these, it would make sense that ea's spirit blackhole seems a little bit more OP than veno's purge, although it is not as it seems.

And yes, an average ea can hit at least 15 times in 15 seconds, but only with the demon quickshot buff that procs 50% of the time (we are not talking about eas with more than 1 base aps, since they are very rare). But again, people can always use skills/pots to block the purge, so it really depends on luck in eas' case; but a veno would have a better chance if she is managed to time her purge precisely.

I have to disagree with the EA purge being blockable. Yes it could technically be done but wasting genie or apo to block an EA purge is suicide.  They will just wait for it to go, antistun, bloodvow, stun and drop you.

As for veno purge, it's true that being able to time it is one of it's greatest strengths. However, at the same time it's also its greatest weakness.

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Wait for the DoT of those to hit once, then nuke it, that should dispose of a monkey. It's a royal pain to heal them against DoT's. Since they hit so delayed & a bunch of times in a row.

Drake has boatloads of HP though, those are a bitch to kill unless you're a psy, mystic, ep or seeker. (telekinesis, absorb, mark of weakness, edged blur 1shot them.)

Most wfs I've seen use the pet skill which gives it the tidal-effect, making DoTs and all of the skills you listed unlikely to proc.

Offline Shirai

• *insert some bullshyt here*
  • Characters: im nob all
  • Faction: nob guild
+1 This idea is not bad at all, and I agree with it. Archers debuff better than venos nowdays.
Should keep it on r8r and lower lvl weapons.
Master Bre is right.

And +1 to this idea. BUTTHURT EAS AND SINS INB4
Pls GN remov pshy it are to strong im cant kill it
all time seal
they is always go wait vodo wen i spark and noob phys immunity
pls remov
pls

Offline Shirai

• *insert some bullshyt here*
  • Characters: im nob all
  • Faction: nob guild
This; the proc rate is tiny compared to a veno's purge.  I can shoot a thousand arrows and get no purge.  Or shoot 1 and get a purge...on a mob, LOL.

Take it away now, while it's been in gameplay for years, and not only will you piss off archers/sins who have invested money on those bows, but you'll get overrun by the next op class. 

So while it's a good idea, it's too late in the game.

So are u like saying "even if this is an issue, and so 'it's a good idea", since it's been in the game for too long, let it be " (said by an EA,LOL.) ?

Tho we know that the major part of the players are EAs and SINs. I dont think things will ever be balanced down (and also about this: dont mad all. It's not THAT unbalanced but it is a bit. And I dont see why any class should have that bit more than another) else 60% server will rq server :CCCCCC
I dont think -they- want that to happen!
Pls GN remov pshy it are to strong im cant kill it
all time seal
they is always go wait vodo wen i spark and noob phys immunity
pls remov
pls