Epic Perfect World

Here WE go AGAIN

Offline Bouncy

• Hi, how are you? (it's a song)
Not wanting to post on this forum again, I nonetheless find my self typing...

What now?  Nation Wars are flawed due to lack of balanced.  Before making my suggestion, I'll remind others or simply try to convince myself that the main reason I play ePW and NOT PWI anymore, even after investing 2 years and hundreds of dollars into PWI, is because ePW is more balance - anyone can fairly easily get the best gear and best skills for their toons - it's therefore more balanced at end-game.

Here is how this principle of balance undermined during NW.  Today's for example, one nation (normally Flame but today it was Dark) is completely crushed.  What happens next?  Frustration goes up for those in the losing nation and people drop out, compounding the problem for those still fighting.  Balance among the nations is lost.  In today's battle, there were 147 players in the top two nations, less in the 3rd place nation, and in last place (Dark) there were at all points even fewer players and by the last 30-40 minutes this number had dwindled to just over 110 players.  In NW a 10 player advantage is massive, 20 or more is just not worth participating if you're in the losing nation - but it shouldn't be that way.

Suggestion:  adjust stats on a systemic basis for all players according to # of participants.  So for example, those in Dark who don't want to quit will find they get a bonus to stats of say 25% or even more.  So the remaining 110 players going up against nations with 147 (37 more players is INSANE) are much more effective at attacking or defending - so it stays balanced and people carry on instead of quitting.

The net result - good battles for all 2 hours, nobody gets too frustrated, and nobody gets too happy (and seriously, if a game makes you happy it's time to give your head a shake).  This adjustment, requiring some level of programming, will make the game more balanced and that's a win.
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
BouncyHEAL - 150 gear sage cleric
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
BouncyVENO - 150 sage veno
SLASHnBASH - 150 gear sage bm
PermaPING - 150 gear demon barb
LickMyMYST - 150 gear demon myst
iPSYuDIE - 150 demon psy
iSLICEu - 150 gear demon seek

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
One; That might get a little op, since if you're in a fight 1v1 (It does happen) the other person gets oneshotted (or something close to it) if you're in the losing nation.

Two; I don't think Agatio can do that.

Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 07:59 pm by Agatio

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules
i agreed your opinion same as me i dun want to back PWI, i already waste 2years in here but as NW i never do anymore cause it like too much unfair wth me :(

Offline Ky

• Forum Veteran

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I'm pretty sure Agatio can't really do this.

Changes this big require access to the source code.

I'd love it if they threw out all this new stuff though. Domination & Tower maps are almost entirely numbers over everything.
At least Capture the Flag has a degree of teamwork to it.

Edit- aside from that, numbers don't say it all. Balance also depends  a lot on which people end up where, NW has no view on gear or personal skill.
Even if all numbers are kept perfectly even nations will still get crushed  just because they happened to get a less skilled / less geared group of players from the random dividing.
Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 05:03 pm by Feone

Offline Mάx

• Inactive
  • Characters: Acrylics , Hercules

Offline I̶c̶e̶N̶i̶k̶i̶

• B̶a̶n̶n̶e̶d̶
Remove the option to get second entry pass so ppl  cant just go out and change nation
Some ppl dont even participate anymore unless they are in frost ???

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
Remove the option to get second entry pass so ppl  cant just go out and change nation
Some ppl dont even participate anymore unless they are in frost ???
?
Oh yes you are right, just because NW is unbalanced and people get losing nation few weeks in a row they're not allowed to change nation because its totally ok when 1 player gets winning nation all the time and other always loses because of *****s leaving it etc..

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
?
Oh yes you are right, just because NW is unbalanced and people get losing nation few weeks in a row they're not allowed to change nation because its totally ok when 1 player gets winning nation all the time and other always loses because of *****s leaving it etc..

One might argue that complete randomness is as fair as it gets.

Offline Bouncy

• Hi, how are you? (it's a song)
re: all above comments.

initial randomness of player, gear/skills of players, and other related feedback.

yes, these are all true and fair comments.  but none address the issue I was speaking of - maintaining balance given the KNOWN tendency of folks to drop out of losing nations.  I'm feel their pain and frustration as we all have experienced being on a crushed team.  the "fix" i was suggesting would, in my view, prevent large and unfair distortions that result from purely the numbers side (participants).  one poster commented that in a map where 1v1 takes place, and it surely does happen, that the person from the losing nation (having been granted a stat boost of say 25%) would likely beat the 1 player from the opposing side without the stat boost.  And guess what, it should be that way if the 1 person is in a nation with 110 people and his/her opponent in that 1v1 map is from a nation with 145 people.   The territory would likely, but not always, go to the nation with head-count disadvantage.  Hence more balance.

Lastly, yes, I acknowledge the developers here at ePW don't have full resources to tweak the game - I was mostly hoping to provide a positive solution as I expressed a bit of frustration with the game.  But i still love the game. 
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
BouncyHEAL - 150 gear sage cleric
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
BouncyVENO - 150 sage veno
SLASHnBASH - 150 gear sage bm
PermaPING - 150 gear demon barb
LickMyMYST - 150 gear demon myst
iPSYuDIE - 150 demon psy
iSLICEu - 150 gear demon seek

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Just like it's been already said, it's technically impossible for me to do such changes, even if I wanted them to happen due to lack of source code.

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK
I don't get the "one nation always wins" idea. Every nation is the exact same, just different names. The ONLY reason why some nations win more than others is because people make it that way. Any nation has equal opportunity to win. It's just the players thought processes that cause one to win more than others.
Leaving because you "got in the wrong nation" is stupid.
And while this would be cool, it won't ever happen which is sad.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.