Epic Perfect World

Large, empty, effect-less PvP zone

Offline Kia

While I agree to make mobs at usual pvp spots non-aggressive, I disagree to remove them completely from the map. IMO, this suggestion is not bad, but also not necessary. There is a reason why the mobs in those areas are aggressive. In fact, they were set to be aggressive even before signets were invented. It's simply part of the game. I'm sure everyone had the same problem. Ofc it's annoying, but we all deal with the same problem. To my mind, it also makes pvp more challenging in some sense (Learning to avoid mobs when taking signet or with arcane defense).

Signets already made regrouping much easier and more efficient than before. There's no reason to beg for other changes to make it even better. It's already at its best now, IMO.

I didn't know that stating facts and bringing up ideas would count as "begging".

You were clearly not reading careful enough.

This isn't just about mobs and signets. It's also about lag due to particle effects, space to kite and enjoyable Mass-PvP without interruptions.
Monsters have minimal impact on fps and I can guarantee you that removing few mobs while having 100 players around that are taking actively taking part in PK wouldn't make slightest difference in fps.
If mobs annoy you there's Etherblade or Plume area where they are non-aggressive...
Did you read this?

Offline Kia

Did you read this?

I won't even bother to reply any longer until you finally learn how to read properly.
Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 06:59 pm by Ӿιυ

Offline BriEsT

• Don
 On one hand I agree with you , on the other I dont . If you remove the mobs from pk areas its true that you can take sig faster and that you can save ur skills like arcane def , on the other hand if you do remove mobs you ll make it "less interesting" . With mobs around we have somewhat "difficulty" and have too be aware of them as well ( adds up too pk if you look at it this way ) . I do hope you will understand what Im getting at .

Offline BriEsT

• Don
I didn't know that stating facts and bringing up ideas would count as "begging".

You were clearly not reading careful enough.

This isn't just about mobs and signets. It's also about lag due to particle effects, space to kite and enjoyable Mass-PvP without interruptions.

Mobs wont make you lag less sorry .

Offline Kia

Mobs wont make you lag less sorry .

Read again. I said

Lag due to particle effects

meaning snow, rain and other effects. That along with the landscape and trees etc.

Elijah had his reasons for saying "large, empty, effect-less zone" and i have my reasons for supporting this idea.

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Same for the Venomous Ghouls at west please ...
you wanna signet? NO
Have some poison instead.

Offline Jesus2.0

• Hang☆Over
Agreed, its pretty unanimous among the pvp guilds that the mobs disrupt what could be even better mass pk.
As a PvE player i enjoy looking at the mobs...just because it bothers u in pk doesnt mean it should be removed

Agreed. While mass-pkers (including me) do like to see the mobs being removed or made non-aggressive in the usual pk spots, there are others who enjoy their presence and their original qualities in those places. Unless it is extremely necessary or crucial, I failed to see the need to change it just to please a particular group, e.g people who do mass-pk in those areas.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Agreed. While mass-pkers (including me) do like to see the mobs being removed or made non-aggressive in the usual pk spots, there are others who enjoy their presence and their original qualities in those places. Unless it is extremely necessary or crucial, I failed to see the need to change it just to please a particular group, e.g people who do mass-pk in those areas.
Agreed here, for sure area with monsters is less boring that the one that is entirely empty.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Agreed here, for sure area with monsters is less boring that the one that is entirely empty.

They're also great for knocking things out of stealth or as targets for an escaping teleport etc.

scxclfbdnkgw

If you want mobs on the map just to "enjoy their presence" you're bonkers. This game is old and ugly and you're much better off finding a game that actually looks good. That's a horrible reason for wanting mobs on the map... What Aelana said is good (teleporting to mobs and aoeing them to find stealthed players) but the fact of the matter is that they have more cons than pros and removing mobs in just 2-3 places would make a huge difference. I'm not asking for every single mob to be removed, I'm suggesting that removing them in places like West, Silver Pool and Cromagnon would be a great benefit for everyone who actually PvPs.

Offline Parallel

• Pimp Master
  • Characters: Sneak | Unleaded
  • Faction: ThaClicK Marshal
If you want to remove the mobs in the game, what else you gonna ask for next? I think this is a horrible idea. Mobs should not be removed at all no matter where the location is.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
i used to pk near scoripon valley where are NO monsters.
its the one i just remembered, but i can go through the map and check for locations for you guys to pvp.
the problem here is that the most empty locations do not have a near respwan after death.

if we could change the respawn area where u die...but i think its not possible :/ u will always go to the nearest town.

Offline 🌙

• sux
  • not doing commissions pls do not ask
personally i prefer the areas empty because the mobs are ugly and i didnt know going there to see the local deformed wildlife was a hobby

but if they're so important for their 'presence' at least remove the aggro i am very sad every time im in sp and some deer thing slows me 90% because i ran past it ok