Epic Perfect World

Anyone Folding (F@H Only)

Offline Xearo167

• Characters: XerataisXD
Hey Anyone Folding here???? I know I know silly question (but serious at the same time)

Just thought maybe since there is a large number of people who possibly have high end decent pc's with at least one spare GPU laying around some peeps might look into putting it to use :P

scxclfbdnkgw

very few people here actually have high end pcs, i'm one of them but i don't fold. if you're looking for a folding community your best bet is probably going to be overclock.net

Offline Unicorn2

• Forum Veteran
  • My advice to you, my violent friend, is to seek out gold and sit on it.
  • Characters: Unicorn
  • Faction: ThaClicK

I can't fold paper without getting OCD about it being uneven, and in the end there are 928349023 creases and it still isn't perfect.
I don't know what you mean by folding a PC, sounds dangerous and I wouldn't do that.
[9:53:42 AM] Matty: FACTOR ALPHA UNICORN WANTS ME TO RUB HER HORN OH MY GOD
[9:54:05 AM] ♥: Yes, my Dear One. Rub it, and rub it good.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
very few people here actually have high end pcs, i'm one of them but i don't fold. if you're looking for a folding community your best bet is probably going to be overclock.net

I have one..I just don't brag about it... :rolleyes:

Offline Craggan

Guru3d.com still has a large F@H community.

scxclfbdnkgw

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Can someone point us nabs to what F@H is?

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Can someone point us nabs to what F@H is?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Folding@home

I got that when I googled.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Yeah, butttt, it's 1 am, I can't make heads and tails out of that damn thing, LOL.

Layman's terms for the decaf'd please!

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

scxclfbdnkgw

Yeah, butttt, it's 1 am, I can't make heads and tails out of that damn thing, LOL.

Layman's terms for the decaf'd please!
it's just a program you run on your computer that takes advantage of your cpu or gpu power to fold proteins. the information is used for research purposes but a lot of people run it when they're afk because they can

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
no you don't

If only you knew what you are always assuming, but you carry on soldier... :rolleyes:

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
Hey Anyone Folding here???? I know I know silly question (but serious at the same time)

Just thought maybe since there is a large number of people who possibly have high end decent pc's with at least one spare GPU laying around some peeps might look into putting it to use :P

Doubt anyone here folds x.x i tried mining a while ago though, wasn't really worth it given the electricity usage lol.
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Xearo167

• Characters: XerataisXD
Really don't need a super computer lol. no not looking for a folding community just curious. As to the comment on electricity usage..  I am using a pos 9400GT to fold on whilst my GT630 and my cpu do nothing. Thats a 24/7 thing now :)