Epic Perfect World

New forum section.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I'm for giving anything a shot but I just have little faith in the idea. The gm's have a lot more patience then I do  :-[ that is for sure.

Yea same here, Id be much more harsh on the trashtalk in random places. Some ingame politics can be interesting though.  It's hard to say if this will work, it might.

scatterer3

As Shinigami said, it won't solve anything. People will continue to stick on topic and keep the drama and bullshit in despite the fact that there is a new place for it. And honestly moving to a whole new different section in order to discuss a thread in an other section where trolling is not allowed doesn't make sense ???, because you can discuss something on topic, as long as you keep offends out, without a single problem. Erm, simply party each other in game and offend, troll, bully or whatever, each other until you're dead tired, afterwards get a life.

Although this idea doesn't make sense, it might be a nice opportunity to read with what kind of bullshit people will come up with ;D.

And, I think the best way is to add more forum moderators, easy.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic
I honestly feel like doing that would just be like saying "Be rude, hateful, and ignorant of other people's feelings is O.K."

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

sorround

I honestly feel like doing that would just be like saying "Be rude, hateful, and ignorant of other people's feelings is O.K."

People who claim to be so mature are the first ones to get insulted/affected by the "kids"  trashtalks/insults and thus, causing some threads derailing. Honestly a mature person would have enough experience to just ignore some things..If some people would understand this, maybe there wouldn't be a need for any of this.

Also:
"Anyone who has never posted there is to be left alone"-Thread opener.

Post there at your own risk. If you know you're way too sensible and that what people say to you over the internet might make you depressed or lower your self-esteem then stay away from this section. And perhaps seek for some psychological help.

+1 to this.
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 01:49 am by POOP

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I'm on the fence, but leaning towards no. 

It might direct all that stuff to that particular forum section, but people are gonna be people and there will be collateral damage on the other forums.

EPW has a rep for being an active PK community.  Do you want to risk losing potential players (less players means less PK, just saying) by having someone sign up to these forums and see that most of the threads are spitfire posts from people with egos the size of elephants because they're overcompensating (Just kidding, love you guys)?  It has less to do with people being oversensitive and more to do with how bad people can get with the racist/hate remarks.  It can be enough to turn someone away from the server.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

sorround

I'm on the fence, but leaning towards no. 

It might direct all that stuff to that particular forum section, but people are gonna be people and there will be collateral damage on the other forums.

EPW has a rep for being an active PK community.  Do you want to risk losing potential players (less players means less PK, just saying) by having someone sign up to these forums and see that most of the threads are spitfire posts from people with egos the size of elephants because they're overcompensating (Just kidding, love you guys)?  It has less to do with people being oversensitive and more to do with how bad people can get with the racist/hate remarks.  It can be enough to turn someone away from the server.

Well I still think it has a lot to do with that...

Offline Shirai

• *insert some bullshyt here*
  • Characters: im nob all
  • Faction: nob guild
I guess this would let people farm posts?D:
Pls GN remov pshy it are to strong im cant kill it
all time seal
they is always go wait vodo wen i spark and noob phys immunity
pls remov
pls

Offline Subzeroo

• God of PK, DT, and DH
  • Adv and Prominent are the real champions. Show me any other core that’s better than us
  • Characters: Subzeroo/Ryujap
  • Faction: Adversary Leader
We never finished the apawolla animé

Nobody Better.

Rest In Peace Mia.

Adversary disbanded you 7 times in a row, and Prominent destroyed you 3-0 in a 20v20 and in TW twice. Get smoked

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
That may sound promising in theory, but the staff cannot simply enable these players to do the one thing we've been trying to eliminate or at least reduce to something we can control. As Tangle has said in our staff chat, this is allowing a breeding ground for racism and other unpleasant events. I vote no on this for now. My feelings are still kinda mixed, but I see more harm coming out of this than good.

^ Pretty much this.
We have been discussing it and are coming to the conclusion that there are more cons than pros.
I would like to see the trashy parts of forums condensed into one area but other than that, I don't see it solving any other issues. People are still going to trashtalk and offend and such, which is something we can't allow. As Mikau said, imagine someone coming to check out our server and seeing that section.
There really shouldn't be the overwhelming need to trashtalk that a new section is created for it. I understand it is part of the game and I am probably guilty of it myself when I played, but ultimately, it's the kind of thing we want to discourage. Not to remove it completely, trashtalk and drama can be entertaining I guess and competition is part of the fun of a game, but to make a new section where this would be allowed isn't a step in a good direction, I don't think.
I am on the fence about it, but swaying towards no. It's a nice idea in theory, but in practice, I have high doubts.

inb4 carebear

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline sakurabak

Who cares, get a life people.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
u know what, we need dad forum section

only for dad ok c:

she/he shares the most awesome things

i mean really

a product that allows women to pee standing up!

god

yes pls

dad for president!

on topic
i'll just -1 :c
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 10:14 am by 天使<3
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
u know what, we need dad forum section

only for dad ok c:

she/he shares the most awesome things

i mean really

a product that allows women to pee standing up!

god

yes pls

dad for president!

on topic
i'll just -1 :c

:tiger-48: :tiger-49: :tiger-50:
you know what? I actually had my own thread someone opened for me on WoW forum where I could post my awesome stuff :tiger-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
:tiger-48: :tiger-49: :tiger-50:
you know what? I actually had my own thread someone opened for me on WoW forum where I could post my awesome stuff :tiger-2:
gm approve pls :tiger-48: :tiger-48: :tiger-48:
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

vlntbty

People already can't act decent and this section would create even more crap than already goes on. I would vote no on this. :|

And yes, I know the section would be just for trashtalking, but like someone else said how would that look to newcomers? :/
Last Edit: Apr 24, 2014, 11:55 am by Pythe

scxclfbdnkgw

People already can't act decent and this section would create even more crap than already goes on. I would vote no on this. :|

And yes, I know the section would be just for trashtalking, but like someone else said how would that look to newcomers? :/
1. you don't even pvp so what would it matter to you? i can't fathom you'd have any reason to read a board about pk, pvp, tw and the like considering you're a blue-named dragon-geared pve sz chatter

2. this game is seven or eight years old, there aren't any "new" players, merely players that are switching servers. they all know what the trash talk and pvp-based community is like