Epic Perfect World

New forum section.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
That may sound promising in theory, but the staff cannot simply enable these players to do the one thing we've been trying to eliminate or at least reduce to something we can control. As Tangle has said in our staff chat, this is allowing a breeding ground for racism and other unpleasant events. I vote no on this for now. My feelings are still kinda mixed, but I see more harm coming out of this than good.

OMFG NICE SIG.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
That may sound promising in theory, but the staff cannot simply enable these players to do the one thing we've been trying to eliminate or at least reduce to something we can control. As Tangle has said in our staff chat, this is allowing a breeding ground for racism and other unpleasant events. I vote no on this for now. My feelings are still kinda mixed, but I see more harm coming out of this than good.

Ingame politics doesn't, in my opinion, equal people just spamming racist insults.  There is absolutely no need for racism etc even when insulting another faction.

Example threads that would fit well in a section like this:

The discussions on random mass pk, who won etc. (Tend to end up in media threads now.)
Discussions on who beats who, best of each class etc.
Discussions on TW's, which factions beat others and why.

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Ingame politics doesn't, in my opinion, equal people just spamming racist insults.  There is absolutely no need for racism etc even when insulting another faction.

Example threads that would fit well in a section like this:

The discussions on random mass pk, who won etc. (Tend to end up in media threads now.)
Discussions on who beats who, best of each class etc.
Discussions on TW's, which factions beat others and why.

You of all people know that these players wouldn't stop there. Leaving a section unregulated like that...
It doesn't spell good for the forums or the server.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

You of all people know that these players wouldn't stop there. Leaving a section unregulated like that...
It doesn't spell good for the forums or the server.

Allowing people to promote their group and/or insult others doesn't mean racism etc would be allowed.

"Haha you got owned in pk." - ok
"Lol stupid <racist term here> got owned" - not ok

edit-
 I suppose that this won't solve the issue in the other forums though. Given that the people doing it obviously don't give a damn about rules or other people.

I'm not sure how they could get any more obnoxious from a forum section dedicated to politics, I think it might just remove some of the crap from other areas but I might ofcourse be wrong.
Last Edit: Apr 23, 2014, 06:49 pm by Feone

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
As entertaining as that may be, it won't solve what you are hoping to solve.

Most thread gets derailed slowly from the OP, to whatever fac. v fac. or 1v1 drama, bullshit, etc. it can be stretched out to.
 I.E, pvp video thread as most cases will end up with arguments and insults caused by one side giving random excuse for their loss or due to the other side gloating too much.  The trash talks won't really crossover to the new section as it'll still be relevant to the video to some extent and people will continue to post on the thread as they do now.

Same with trolling, most trolling starts with some smart ass taking someone else's suggestion or statement too literally and/or with a narrow mind. That wont stop, as people will continue to post their opinions and what not which others will see fit to mock on the same thread rather than on a separate thread or section where you are allowed to troll or w/e.

It'll certainly be entertaining and whatnot but the issues that exist now will remain the same.

At-least that's what i think o.o
It'd be fun (and i'm guessing not too hard to accomplish) though, isn't that what games are for anyway?

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
I suppose that this won't solve the issue in the other forums though. Given that the people doing it obviously don't give a damn about rules or other people.
It would if people posted pk videos there too.

scxclfbdnkgw

I agree with this, the thing is that people want to discuss what really happened in PK / TW / open map situations and video threads aren't really the place to do it, they're for the videos. General discussion doesn't fit either. Why can't we have a discussion board for topics like previously listed? You can still delete insults, racism, hatred etc but let people have a place to talk about the things this server is about. We really don't have a place to actually discuss everything... we can ask questions, we can post videos but where do we talk about players, events, happenings?

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants

Pretty much. Would be nice, but I don't think many people would actually sit down to have a real discussion instead of just trash talking.

Offline Ivan

• Ibun
  • Faction: Ducks
+1

Need trashtalk section

cevans1290

*grabs popcorn* yeah, this could be fun.
I won't read rest, read top to Maxy. I would have to say +1..I might go to Rawr just to team with Maxy on this thread.

Opulence

I'm meh about this. Just seems like its a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. And I'm sure some of the gm's already want to rip off a lot of your heads for the amount of trash talk that goes on. A lot of people are probably just +1 this thread because its the group mentality thing to do when a lot don't ever discuss the actual game play and just want to see the drama that could come forth from it. For the few mature individuals who don't make snide remarks there are a handful that do.

No disrespect to anyone just giving my opinion for once (please don't kill me)  :normal-43:.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I'm meh about this. Just seems like its a ticking time bomb waiting to go off. And I'm sure some of the gm's already want to rip off a lot of your heads for the amount of trash talk that goes on. A lot of people are probably just +1 this thread because its the group mentality thing to do when a lot don't ever discuss the actual game play and just want to see the drama that could come forth from it. For the few mature individuals who don't make snide remarks there are a handful that do.

No disrespect to anyone just giving my opinion for once (please don't kill me)  :normal-43:.

I somewhat agree with you, however I also think a large part of the EPW community enjoys the trashtalky part of it. Having a specific forum section both gives  them a place to enjoy that thing AND it concentrates more of it in one place that those who dislike it can just avoid. I can't say if it'll reduce it in other areas, but it just might.

Offline Trent

• Characters: Trenton
  • Faction: Fusion
Idk if our community would take this new forum section seriously.
But i'd enjoy it regardless, release the trolls !
Sexiest barb on server

Opulence

I somewhat agree with you, however I also think a large part of the EPW community enjoys the trashtalky part of it. Having a specific forum section both gives  them a place to enjoy that thing AND it concentrates more of it in one place that those who dislike it can just avoid. I can't say if it'll reduce it in other areas, but it just might.

I'm for giving anything a shot but I just have little faith in the idea. The gm's have a lot more patience then I do  :-[ that is for sure.

EricaMurcas

I say give it a shot, if it goes out of control, pull it down. I have my reservations, but if this could keep all this bullshit drama out of forums where people are actually trying to have a civilized discussion, I'm all for it.