Epic Perfect World

gaming-addiction-a-mental-disorder

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Not every gamer is addicted.
Playing games does not equal addiction.
Being addicted isn't neccesarily a bad thing either.
As long as gaming, or anything else for that matter, doesn't start to take away from other important things in life there is no problem. Addicition or not.

Spending  money on a game isn't a problem.
Spending more money than you can efford to throw at random things is a problem.

Spending a lot of time gaming isn't a problem.
School grades, work performance and/or social life etc suffering due to said time spent is a problem.

As with everything else, moderation is key.

EricaMurcas

Well, if you have $3,000 to spare on the game and still have money to keep everything in line, good. I was talking more about those that spend all that money and have nothing left, I should have worded  that differently.

Offline Liliht

• Characters: LILIHT
  • Faction: Nordica
Totally agree ..... I also suffered very ugly and thanks to games like this can distract my plays above ..... my job is stressful and I'm not addicted, and I just have fun of it ... .
Amor enim in aeternum.
Nox est domus, stratum tenebris.

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic

Offline Mentalista

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
^ Your signature is sad.Dis gamer things is sad.

Well guys lets teach u how it works, Im Mentalista, im not a gamer addicted, i used to be one in my 13~15 years old when i get bullied, after 16 years old i became a high level popular modafoca damn social rocker and then i never get bullied anymore, well i growd to 6,4 height too and thats helped me agaisnt the bully, now, well, i used to have a job, i asked to be fired, now i have no job, im only studying, and i have lot of free time, free time in my house = internet = EPW, thats it, i have my social life that i always dreamed when was a child, i have a girlfriend, i have loyal friends that love me and do all for me, i have places to go with they every weekend, or in the week so, and well i play 5 hours EPW by day, cause well, i wake up 8 AM, i go to PW, i pk i kill all i 1 shot all, then 1 PM i stop, cause i get tired, i cant play more than that, i used to play 10 hrs a day, but now i get tired with the half time. And thats it, my secret to play games without prejudice myself is, NEVER! NEVER! Let to go out with friends or do something social because u are playing, my life priorities are - My studys, Social, Sleep, Fap, Game. Keep dis priorities in your head, and u will be a happy dude.

My damage log collection NEW

Offline SQUISHY BARB

• Characters: SQUlSHY

Well guys lets teach u how it works, Im Mentalista, im not a gamer addicted, i used to be one in my 13~15 years old when i get bullied, after 16 years old i became a high level popular modafoca damn social rocker and then i never get bullied anymore, well i growd to 6,4 height too and thats helped me agaisnt the bully, now, well, i used to have a job, i asked to be fired, now i have no job, im only studying, and i have lot of free time, free time in my house = internet = EPW, thats it, i have my social life that i always dreamed when was a child, i have a girlfriend, i have loyal friends that love me and do all for me, i have places to go with they every weekend, or in the week so, and well i play 5 hours EPW by day, cause well, i wake up 8 AM, i go to PW, i pk i kill all i 1 shot all, then 1 PM i stop, cause i get tired, i cant play more than that, i used to play 10 hrs a day, but now i get tired with the half time. And thats it, my secret to play games without prejudice myself is, NEVER! NEVER! Let to go out with friends or do something social because u are playing, my life priorities are - My studys, Social, Sleep, Fap, Game. Keep dis priorities in your head, and u will be a happy dude.

you are PRO
SQUlSHY - Sage DPH Barb White Panda
__SQUISHY__ - Demon Mystic - alt

Offline ϟ

• Support Member
  • Characters: Lunatic

Aww you think so? :( I thought it was a good representation of you. Lol xD. (Joking, if you didn't get that.)

RulesGuidesHelpdeskVote

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
:tiger-50:

aaaaand

this is not only video game addiction tho

ijs

depends on which finger...

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B
Well, I have a degree in psychology, so let me state this outright, whenever an article is written using a journal article, the majority of the time only snippets of the article is taken and its used out of context to make a point behind the writer's agenda. Yes the APA is outdated, but its the American Psychology Association, not psychiatrists, psychiatrists are MDs that specialize in psychology, but all they do is prescribe medicine, they are not the ones that actually spend time with patients or treat them. A lot of these "mental disorders" actually do have a root cause in physical issues and that's highly overlooked by most doctors because they make more money by prescribing anti-depressants and anti-anxiety medication. Even ADHD and ADD actually are usually caused by other physical issues like vitamin deficiency, the consumption of gluten and other diseases that people like to think aren't so common.

That being said, some people do develop psychological addiction, but many others do not. At my worst I still pulled off straight As in my classes even though I was playing PWI nearly every waking moment besides schoolwork and school. Psychologically speaking, its about functioning levels more than its about the "addiction" itself. At least it should be and that's what I was taught. 

In any case, when it comes down to it, its about priorities, time management and money management, and to be frank, a lot of people suck at all of those, games or no games. I have friends who still have no job and their computers are 10 years old, they don't play games, and they spend all their money on cosplay while living at their parents house occasionally babysitting their younger siblings. I myself might be considered an addict, but I can't have a job as I have a chronic illness that prevents me from one until I get it under control, which takes time unfortunately so I play games to pass the time in between all the medications and supplements I need to take for that illness. Context is key, it really is. If gaming is keeping you sane, as long as you're still functional in your life, then there is nothing wrong with gaming, its only when it takes over your life and you prioritize it above everything else that it truly becomes a problem.