Epic Perfect World

Need help with my mystic

Offline MoonLotus

• Characters: LastWay
  • Faction: Ruthless
As all of you know mystic it's an incredible class that can be immortal if played right. Well... here comes the problems, how do I play it? I've got a R8 Mystic but i have no idea how to play it. I know only 1 combo and i have no idea how to stay alive for a long time during pk. I know that all of you would say "Use Energy Leech", but still it's no enough.  Can any good mystic show me some good combos against magic classes and how to survive during mass pk?

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
There isn't a 'combo' on how to play mystic. You have to time ur skills + genie skills like on any other class. You have tho, a lot of ways to survive, one : you can keep ur enemy locked using seal from mistress, stun from chihyu, sleep herb . another way is to decrease it's power of dealing damage using the creeper(the herb) that lowers ct, aps, defences. Keep leaching the pets since they increase defence, use a purify wep for melees and a def wep for magic classes and spam falling petals/heal. That's basically what every mystic does till they sleep u, leech pet, plant a herb, then start to DD after using growth(increases ct and damage) while they time their genie either to be unstoppable from attack, either make them deal more damage spamming gale force(to seal) and blazing tornado(to push back, also makes target unable to defend itself for 1-2 seconds.It's just the way u learn to play, this is my gameplay on mystic. Hope it helped. If not, don't mind me. ty

Offline MoonLotus

There isn't a 'combo' on how to play mystic. You have to time ur skills + genie skills like on any other class. You have tho, a lot of ways to survive, one : you can keep ur enemy locked using seal from mistress, stun from chihyu, sleep herb . another way is to decrease it's power of dealing damage using the creeper(the herb) that lowers ct, aps, defences. Keep leaching the pets since they increase defence, use a purify wep for melees and a def wep for magic classes and spam falling petals/heal. That's basically what every mystic does till they sleep u, leech pet, plant a herb, then start to DD after using growth(increases ct and damage) while they time their genie either to be unstoppable from attack, either make them deal more damage spamming gale force(to seal) and blazing tornado(to push back, also makes target unable to defend itself for 1-2 seconds.It's just the way u learn to play, this is my gameplay on mystic. Hope it helped. If not, don't mind me. ty

This is what i usually do but what type of genie do you use, and what spells?

Offline Nea

• Game Master

This is what i usually do but what type of genie do you use, and what spells?
100 magic, 125 vit(decent genie)
AD, faith, extreme poison, expel, fortify lvl 1 , tangling mire(works pretty nice with AS on arcanes) evilward and will surge

Offline MoonLotus

100 magic, 125 vit(decent genie)
AD, faith, extreme poison, expel, fortify lvl 1 , tangling mire(works pretty nice with AS on arcanes) evilward and will surge

Thank you for the help. Two last question, sage or demon and which morai spells are worth buying.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
Thank you for the help. Two last question, sage or demon and which morai spells are worth buying.
All morai books are usefull.
About cultivation , i'd say demon for 1v1 since it's superior, but if u wanna mass pk also, sage is good for support. Both are nice, both have pros and cons, depends on your gameplay. For me is demon for 1v1, sage for mass pk.(since sage heal=purify => heal pt member)

Offline MoonLotus

All morai books are usefull.
About cultivation , i'd say demon for 1v1 since it's superior, but if u wanna mass pk also, sage is good for support. Both are nice, both have pros and cons, depends on your gameplay. For me is demon for 1v1, sage for mass pk.(since sage heal=purify => heal pt member)

For now I chose demon over sage.Thank you for your answers.

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
i have both demon and sage both r8. my sage imo isnt as powerful even though her rolls are better. playing a mystic can't be taught. u just have to go out somewhere mild and 1v1 and defend yourself. find a friend and have them spar with u on different classes. alot of it is reaction time as well. if i'm standing out west and not paying attention a sin can pop on me and have me dead before i can get to my heal button. seby had some good tips and so that is a jumping off point. if u want to come hang out with me i can try and show u some stuff just pm me in game or add me to skype. my skype is in my lil avatar thingy on the side.
Last Edit: Apr 21, 2014, 03:44 pm by Nutters

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I have a sage mystic, and I do agree that it's not a class that you can say "can you teach me?" because you're gonna get multiple playstyles answering you, and none of em might even fit YOUR personal playstyle.

I have 3 r8 weapons for my mystic: def lvl, attack lvl, and purify.  I'd suggest getting at least one of each.  I've thought about, for shits and giggles, getting a  -chan r8 weapon.  I wouldn't do that unless you have that much ec that you have no idea what to do with it. :P

Just go out and kill shit.  I'll tell you what, I'm actually more brave on my mystic than I am on my archer, because I started  PvP with her earlier. :P

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline _Aurora

• no no no no kill....
  • Characters: Canary
spam natures vengence gg.....

Offline MoonLotus

It seems like i'm getting better at mystic and i can actually 1vs1 a lot of players. Already have purify and def level weapon, but for DDing i prefer Dragon Glaive.

I will pm you in game tomorrow Nutters.

Opulence

spam natures vengence gg.....

You are so helpful.

Offline Jaye

• Characters: Peanut
You are so helpful.

k off topic but kaid could u have picked a more creepy siggy?? lol

Life is too short to be anything but Happy

Opulence

k off topic but kaid could u have picked a more creepy siggy?? lol

:normal-4: I like it

Ennaoj

You are so helpful.

I was planning to just read the thread, just cause I know not much on Mystic combos, but ffs KAID, Nutters was right, could you siggy get scarrier?

#Dies