Epic Perfect World

Suggestion for Meridian

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
There's no simple way to do this. It's easy to change the overall stat multipliers (for example lowering it by half for each step, so it would no longer become something which really matters for end-game character), but everything else is hard-coded and changing it seems to be more difficult than I initially thought.

Lowering it would make it useless then, the stats that it gives are not that much in the first place. Its just the fact that you have to spend so much time on them to get something of use is kind of a waste of time in my opinion. I'm currently only (almost) halfway through the third circle and that now requires 2 life gates in a row, which is really dumb, idk how anyone is supposed to be able to get a full meridian when you have poor luck. Is there any way to instead make the stat multipliers maxed out by the 2nd or 3rd circle? that way people do not need to spend as much time to get those stats.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
How about the amount of life gates, can that be adjusted?

DIS, SEE IF THIS CAN BE ADJUSTED.

Offline Cinnabon

There's no simple way to do this. It's easy to change the overall stat multipliers (for example lowering it by half for each step, so it would no longer become something which really matters for end-game character), but everything else is hard-coded and changing it seems to be more difficult than I initially thought.

Can you at least reduce the cost of these mystical & holy pills... around 50m coins a day to just get stuck at 1-2 gates  :sad:

Offline Üpgrayedd

• The Pimp
  • Feel the double D
  • Faction: Xpendable
If it is hardcoded and you are saying that stats can be modified, then I have simple solution for that:

1. Take max stats from final wheel and put them into end of 3rd wheel
2. Make all the later unlocks after 3rd wheel to add +0 to any stat
3. End of 3rd wheel would be virtually the end of Meridian for us as later unlocks would give nothing in exchange
4. ???
5. Profit!

Here is the full table for stats: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Meridian

Just take stats from #80, put them into #60 and make #61-80 +0. It will be hard already to get #60 as final gate will require 3 unlocks out of 12 in one gate... :/

Edit: Again, positive motivator:

Last Edit: Apr 18, 2014, 07:37 am by Üpgrayedd

Offline TacoBurrito900

• TW=REAL PK
  • TW=LIFE YOU DON'T LOG = KICK
  • Characters: SexSlaveOfSeby
  • Faction: Artifex
If it is hardcoded and you are saying that stats can be modified, then I have simple solution for that:

3. End of 3rd wheel would be virtually the end of Meridian for us as later unlocks would give nothing in exchange
4. ???
5. Profit!

Here is the full table for stats: http://pwi-wiki.perfectworld.com/index.php/Meridian

Just take stats from #80, put them into #60 and make #61-80 +0. It will be hard already to get #60 as final gate will require 3 unlocks out of 12 in one gate... :/

THIS ^ plz

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

4. ???
5. Profit!

+1 to this, if possible.

Offline Squiddy

• Old Player
  • Losers Everywhere
  • Characters: Shorti, PinkPanda
  • Faction: Xpendable

4. ???
5. Profit!

+1 to this.

Honestly don't know how people get a thrill from doing meridian, sure it's fun now but eventually it will just become a bothersome and mundane activity.

Offline Flavor

• Tenshi
  • <3Jan
  • Characters: PearlieKyun

4. ???
5. Profit!

+ for this. It's super hard to pass any dots on the thirs circle starting from gv 11...
For the SS: I also have that kind of luck when I was opening my gv 10 on my archer...(but 1/100 attempts and There are only 2 dots left.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
I should come out with some solution, but no promises yet.

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
Then it's simply unfair to everyone who got frustrated taking the time to finish it.

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
Just like unfair is for old players that game two years ago had only half content of what has now.

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
for me thats point in games idk what kind of game u expect to play.. Meridian shouldn't be 1 day thing... It should takes time because u have benefits of it.
It would be same as u give suggestion:
Increase NW reward so i don't have to wait 7 days to get another 300-1000 tokens.
Increase WWI drop so i dont have to do WS 10 times to get all WWI i need for necky

On other hand advantage, as u say, from new and old players is not much of a problem because it will alway be advantage ofc... Thats why is called new player???
I never played WoW but if i start now old players will have  advantage which is normal... am I missing a point or im dumb
for me thats point in games idk what kind of game u expect to play.. Meridian shouldn't be 1 day thing... It should takes time because u have benefits of it.
It would be same as u give suggestion:
Increase NW reward so i don't have to wait 7 days to get another 300-1000 tokens.
Increase WWI drop so i dont have to do WS 10 times to get all WWI i need for necky

On other hand advantage, as u say, from new and old players is not much of a problem because it will alway be advantage ofc... Thats why is called new player???
I never played WoW but if i start now old players will have  advantage which is normal... am I missing a point or im dumb
The point is meridian is purely luck based. It is incomparable to NW, WWI, cube of fate and etc where you know you will surely get the rewards after your hard work. In meridian, there is no guarantee that your ''hard work'' will pay off since it purely depends on your luck. There is no point to argue whether it is fair or not, as you cannot relate luck with fair.

Offline Parallel

• Pimp Master
  • Characters: Sneak | Unleaded
  • Faction: ThaClicK Marshal
There should be no reason to make this Meridian easier, if there is no challenge it will make the reward to easy to get. It gives more of a gamble to the game which makes it more interesting. Making it easier will just remove the purpose of Meridian. Speaking from a player of PWI, I think it should stay the way it is. On PWI you only get 5 tries a day instead of the 50 if you don't have Holy Pills.  :D
There should be no reason to make this Meridian easier, if there is no challenge it will make the reward to easy to get. It gives more of a gamble to the game which makes it more interesting. Making it easier will just remove the purpose of Meridian. Speaking from a player of PWI, I think it should stay the way it is. On PWI you only get 5 tries a day instead of the 50 if you don't have Holy Pills.  :D
I would agree with you if the reward from meridian is huge. Unfortunately, it is not. It only makes very little difference, but still better than nothing. On the official server, the bonus may seem significant. But on this server, where everyone has at least 20k up to 50k hp easily; and easily deals about 10k damage, the bonus of hp, att, and def from meridian really seems negligible.