Epic Perfect World

Glacial Spike Broken? (Or nah?)

Offline HighLander

• Some Guy. Hai.
  • Sometimes I just Dont Care.
  • Characters: QZMO, SwordHERO
  • Faction: None right now.
I was just wondering if glacial spike was broken, On the demon version, it says that it removes 90% of the targets PDEF, I was testing that on a barb, asked him what his pdef was, said it was 40k, then used the skill, he said it only dropped to 30k, even though its sitll a big decrease, im not sure if its the right decrease, anyone know?
Difficulty level on Barb class:

Avatar is Still The Best Show E.V.E.R.

Araqiel

i think 90% works for pve

Offline Droopeh

Demon redstone venomworm reduces pdef by 180%, yet it only gets people from 40k def to about 20k so I guess it's working as intended?

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
PWI made the skill descriptions all messed. Just check out Demon Bloodbath lololol (+300% crit when it's actually accuracy). I also never understood Atk and Def lvls. Each def lv u have is 1% dmg u take less, so what about 100 def lvls and more..? If it was half dmg taken it should be at 50 def lvls, not 100. 100% SHOULD be immune to all dmg, lol.

Offline SQUISHY BARB

• Characters: SQUlSHY
don't use GS on high pdef barb unless you have elem pot and tangling mire. i suggest  Drake's Breath Bash, much better.  :smiley:
SQUlSHY - Sage DPH Barb White Panda
__SQUISHY__ - Demon Mystic - alt

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
PWI made the skill descriptions all messed. Just check out Demon Bloodbath lololol (+300% crit when it's actually accuracy). I also never understood Atk and Def lvls. Each def lv u have is 1% dmg u take less, so what about 100 def lvls and more..? If it was half dmg taken it should be at 50 def lvls, not 100. 100% SHOULD be immune to all dmg, lol.

its 100 def elvels but u need to count the opponent attack lvl next...so if u have 100 def lvls and i have 100 atk lvls the damage will suffer no changes.

Offline こころ

• #1 Weeaboo
  • i will return.....someday TωT
  • Characters: _Kokoro_

70 def lvls - 30 enemy atk lvls= 40% damage reduce from dat enemy

Offline Achilles

• Characters: Achilles_, _Achilles
  • Faction: Artifex
Any skill that reduces the P.Def of a player by a certain percentage reduces the P.Def gained from gear and the original base P.Def from strength/vit points and not the extra P.Def from buffs. P.Def from gear does NOT include the vit stones that may be imbued in them. For example only the following is considered to be P.Def from gear:

http://i.imgur.com/DfWDtLT.png

For instance:
Original base P.Def = 1,730
P.Def gained from gear = 10,393
base P.Def + P.Def gained from gear = 12,123
Total P.Def after buffs = 40,000
P.Def after glacial spike = 30,000 +/-

Why only (approximately) a 10,000 loss in P.Def?

90% of 12,123 = 10,393

That's why Glacial Spike is not as effective on HA classes as much as LA or AA classes. HA classes have very high base P.Def because of Str. points + they also gain much more P.Def from their gear than LA and AA.

This is also why the 0 P.Def proc from Demon Ironwood Scarab is much better than any percentage P.Def reduction skills. If it procs, it's 0 P.Def regardless of what gear they are wearing or what attribute they have used their stat points on.
Last Edit: Apr 15, 2014, 01:03 pm by Achilles

Offline BeNicePlease

• Forum Veteran
  • How is life this easy?
Remove bm from game, useless class

Offline こころ

• #1 Weeaboo
  • i will return.....someday TωT
  • Characters: _Kokoro_

Remove bm from game, useless class

Wow such bias -.-

Offline Magnanimous

All debuffs that reduces pdef or mdef by a percentage value (including glacial spike), is calculated from the "Base Equipment Value".

Even when unbuffed, what you see on the Character Screen is NEVER your Base Equipment Value. It is always more than 100% of your base equipment value.

Base Equipment value has to be calculated by adding all the flat mdef/pdef values on armor/ornaments/Engravings/Stats Addons/Meridian/Sapphire or Garnet Shards/Avatar Cards.

Every 12.5 Vit adds 1% more pdef and mdef (It acts like a passive/unpurgeable buff)
Every 8.33 Str adds 1% more pdef.
Every 8.33 Mag adds 1% more mdef.

Example:
A BM with 1000 Str and 500 Vit will naturally gain (1000/8.33 + 500/12.5) = (160%) bonus pdef.
Even when unbuffed, the pdef value, as seen on the character screen, is already 260% of his base equipment pdef. (+some minor other pdef bonus)
A debuff of 90% will only bring it down to 170% of his base equipment pdef.

Same principles applies to buffs

Hence, Glacial Spike (and other similar debuffs/buffs) is nerfed on EPW because people walks around with ridiculous amount of stats points and shards all their gears with +15/+20 vit stones. Keep the chi for HF instead.
Last Edit: Apr 15, 2014, 02:05 pm by Magnanimous