Epic Perfect World

Unbalanced...

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Thats why i like to get cards with 1 def and 1 attack level,not sure if its effective but ohwell  :-\ . My attack and def level are almost the same. :-[

Vegas

^
wr defence comming useless and we get mostly usless skills just remove all skills and give us the good one dragon rise why wr only class abanded by gm and beta servers some say bm got damage boost too really ? no still bm got less damage when compare to other classes and our defence becomming uselss too so what we do stop pvp and do only pve to make our self look op like how pve beta testers want to see us like to be?

Pretty sure most of those PvE beta testers know their classes better than you.

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
People have the option to use/switch between defensive and offensive cards, as well as weapons and ornaments. I for one, switch between all three and it works efficiently.

everything seems the same to me, sure we got a little bit of a damage boost but from what I've seen most of the DD classes are using offensive cards and sacrificing their defence for that, as for you hiero bugging WR's I actually notice a big difference with their defences, it seems rather low than before due to every player racking up attack levels and physical/magic attack stats + Spirit levels which renders the WR's defence levels useless, so then it all comes down to their raw defences.

As for DPH Assassins being overpowered, I would slightly have to agree on that BUT from personal experience I've noticed that if you know how to play a DPH Assassin PROPERLY, then it performs well in any type of PK.
Although DPH Assassins are overpowered in your opinion, how many do you see nowadays who know how to play it? all you'll see running around on this server for a long long time is APS assassins with 3.33 interval rank 8 gears, either way people will make complaints about this class no matter what.

For now, all you will be killing is unbuffed rpkers. PvP of that type has always been the same, hiero bugging random people etc so you can't really judge if things are balanced or not. Until guilds start mass pking again, we can't really talk about balance.
this +420

Offline sakurabak

People have the option to use/switch between defensive and offensive cards, as well as weapons and ornaments. I for one, switch between all three and it works efficiently.

everything seems the same to me, sure we got a little bit of a damage boost but from what I've seen most of the DD classes are using offensive cards and sacrificing their defence for that, as for you hiero bugging WR's I actually notice a big difference with their defences, it seems rather low than before due to every player racking up attack levels and physical/magic attack stats + Spirit levels which renders the WR's defence levels useless, so then it all comes down to their raw defences.

As for DPH Assassins being overpowered, I would slightly have to agree on that BUT from personal experience I've noticed that if you know how to play a DPH Assassin PROPERLY, then it performs well in any type of PK.
Although DPH Assassins are overpowered in your opinion, how many do you see nowadays who know how to play it? all you'll see running around on this server for a long long time is APS assassins with 3.33 interval rank 8 gears, either way people will make complaints about this class no matter what.

For now, all you will be killing is unbuffed rpkers. PvP of that type has always been the same, hiero bugging random people etc so you can't really judge if things are balanced or not. Until guilds start mass pking again, we can't really talk about balance.

Well I see some valid points in this thread. It is obvious, it is coming from someone, who can play this game and who understands his class.
Unfortunately, this wasn't always the case regarding beta testers. Few of beta testers were really good pvp players, most were average "mass pvpers" (xpendable, Artifex-10-20% are good rest are food). All in all, balancing new patch was done well. It has brought out new stuff and more chances for bad players to make bad builds and struggle in game more then before. Archer isn't overpowered at all. If you go for a pure damage build, you should not be surprised after you get instantly killed from behind.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
About beta tests being pve'ers
If u wanna say that. Ok. I am a PVE'er then. In beta test every mindless person was going full DD, when they realised that u need DEF, they went def.
If the patch gives u enough damage without card addons, to kill everything, why daheck would u go more DD?
I find def stats the best way, because u already get phy/magic attack a lot increased, a lot more hp, a lot more critic...just pick up some cards to give u 5-7 def levels...with a def wep..and i pretty much sure u won't die. '-' as the game is atm with buffs and def set any class can tank o.o It's pretty cool in mass pk to not see people geting hiero bugged at first second of AA:) So if the beta testers were pve'ers, you are below that level of understanding

Offline Venusaur

• labradors are life
  • i love my dog
  • Characters: Xythoe, Concern, Constructive
  • Faction: Aftermath
Although Flash has a point, I still agree that sins are op.
Like literally, before the patch I could easily kill sins with Psy Will on, like 2-3 shots, but now every single decent sin kills me with 1-2 shots if one of them's gof crit  :-[

Concern - 150 Demon Veno
Venusaur - 150 Sage Psychic.
Xythoe - 150 Sage Mystic.

Insanity

skills got improved, more damage
attack level and other offense stats were increase
def was increased but not as much
so ye expect to get hit way harder even when you go full def
we'll all get over it soon
bb

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Geez, 96 attack lvls...

*looks at her puny 63*

Like Labs said, it's too soon to really tell.  It is worrying that people are dropping like flies now, but PWI in itself is a game that's just full of imbalance.  You won't be able to balance it enough; someone will go full rage because they died to someone that they normally wouldn't.  Us beta testers (who apparently were all PvE players, because you know, the only thing in this game IS PK despite most of the patch introduced killing mobs TO GET STRONGER...) tried our darndest to make it as balanced as possible.  Adjustments will be made with further patches.

*still jelly of 96 attack levels*

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
Meh im at 56 on my WB with no r8 weapon still my phy atk is high enough to 123 most of the classes who are self buffed or all classes if they wear only dragon armor, huge boost of dmg with these new Atk cards when you wear full set of them.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
Meh im at 56 on my WB with no r8 weapon still my phy atk is high enough to 123 most of the classes who are self buffed or all classes if they wear only dragon armor, huge boost of dmg with these new Atk cards when you wear full set of them.

Well, to be fair to myself, I'm still searching for S cards.  And I have no desire to spend 1k+ EC's on the ones that I really need.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Deno

• Forum Veteran
Well, to be fair to myself, I'm still searching for S cards.  And I have no desire to spend 1k+ EC's on the ones that I really need.

I was pretty damn lucky with Chests i opened after each Flowsilver run everyday that i actually profited more then i lost.

Araqiel

dont rly agree on def part
i have full def lvl cards on me and decent r8 ofc on bm and my hp got boosted for 10k also def lvl is now 94 and maybe its just me but i think i tank way better than i did before patch
as for dmg bm, its fine, dragon rise is waaste of chi in mass and not needed in 1v1, wouldnt be bad if we had it but meh... asnd new skills actually are cool and with 5 more atk lvls on r8 set dph bm is way better than it was before

Offline ladyvanos

• Old Player
  • Characters: Sehanine-150 Archer.
The "unbalanced" that every one seems to think needs time to play out. The patch is barely a week old. Not everything was able to be tested fully in the short time it was tested. Beta tester did a great job. Devs/gms even more awesome for giving this new content as fast sd they did and the sheer amount of the content is awesome aswell. We have a patch coming already that will fix some things. Be patient....if you think you OP then fvck it...go pk we all expect to see your name on leaderboard soon I guess. Enjoy it while it lasts. Talk about it too much then all classes will get a nerd and then everyone will complain about that too. I say just let it play out.

Offline Striker

• Banned
  • App/Web Developer
  • Characters: BAHA
  • Faction: Hang☆Over
It's all about donation

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
While I agree that it is early to say some things, others are already quite appearent.

Just note my current build: I play as a veno, I have the evolved monkey pet. My build is high channel, mediocre magic with decent defense. I've only tested everything NH with this class so obviously my view isn't entirely impartial.

First of all, something that annoys me, players who are not entirely maxed on NH are paper. Utter and total lack of challenge. A barb, which used to be tanky as hell pre-nh, was taking 40k's np. (He did not upgrade.) Sure it'll balance out if they do but it s such an enormous gap between those with & those without spirit, a pointless gap.

Secondly, there are a few skills that bug me about this patch:

The sin DPH abilities, they deal WAY too much damage. DPH sins should not be able to zerkcrit their way trough people at APS speeds. (Note that all the people saying it's fine play either EA,DPH sin or a class that easily tanks them. (bm). )

Absorb soul,  as usual, broken skill. Even more now that damage has gone up, I have more pdef than most arcane venos and I still take 25k+ from it. It also, still, 1shots pets.

Which brings my last rant, pets.

The pet system is very, very annoying. The chances of rolling above level1 skills on the random part or stats that aren't totally crap is extremely low. Ive rerolled 80+ times and the stats are still bad. Getting useful skills on a random roll is hard enough. On top of that they are almost always level 1 (out of 5). PWI style cash-only gold sink system.
The monkey pet also has two useful pvp skills, immobilise and aoe stun, that are offlimits to all other pets. These stuns are by far the best pvp skills on pets and they make all other pets useless compared. On top of that, the cooldown on the AOE stun is too low. (It says 30 sec, it s actually closer to 15.)

Oh, to all the people bitching about beta testing. We only had a week to test it, with limitted players. Of course we didn't have time or people to try out mass scale pvp. Beta testing was to get bugs out of instances, to prevent potential exploits, and to remove the most obviously broken things. It's still a huge patch and some issues are to be expected.