Epic Perfect World

I have a suggestion.

PandemicNight

Back when I was playing Perfect World: I, 5 whatever years ago.

There was this thing they had, where you set up certain things. Put certain attacks in order, and put medicine in a 'hp or mana when it goes 23% close to end, ect.
And press okay, when a monster gets close enough, your characters attacks it automatically, and let it do it itself when you are away from the computer.

I saw that very useful and helpful.

Offline こころ

• #1 Weeaboo
  • i will return.....someday TωT
  • Characters: _Kokoro_
Sounds like a bot

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Back when I was playing Perfect World: I, 5 whatever years ago.

There was this thing they had, where you set up certain things. Put certain attacks in order, and put medicine in a 'hp or mana when it goes 23% close to end, ect.
And press okay, when a monster gets close enough, your characters attacks it automatically, and let it do it itself when you are away from the computer.

I saw that very useful and helpful.

Sounds like a bot

Does sound a lot like a bot.
Though to be fair, auto fighting is possible. It just takes a class with a steady aoe to kill stuff in place along with a 2nd char left for picking up.

Bots, of course, are more effective than such a tactic.

In any case, my opinion on this, if you don't want to play the game yourself then don't play it. 

PandemicNight

Uhm, I never said I didn't want to play. I do storylines, and love them but fighting large groups I don't want to worse my wrist then it already it due to having carpel tunnel.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Uhm, I never said I didn't want to play. I do storylines, and love them but fighting large groups I don't want to worse my wrist then it already it due to having carpel tunnel.

Playing MMO's may not be the best idea if you have issues with your wrists.

Allowing bots would destroy any sort of ingame economy and punish people who play instead of letting bots do the work. As such it doesn't work in any game.

PandemicNight

Been doing it for more then 8 years, I'm still fine.

My opinion, I don't see a problem. It just helps you focus on leveling up, nothing wrong with level-grinding.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't want to worse my wrist then it already it due to having carpel tunnel.
Been doing it for more then 8 years, I'm still fine.

You can see how this might confuse me.

My opinion, I don't see a problem. It just helps you focus on leveling up, nothing wrong with level-grinding.

The problem is automating any sort of gameplay can be applied to many different things. Including farming EC or other materials.

When farming any of this can be done with no invested efford the value goes down. Less value for the time spent means those who actually do it while playing get less reward for their effords.

PandemicNight

The carpel tunnel is not in my dominate hand.

If you don't like the idea, then just don't use it if somehow they even put it on the game. I'm not forcing them. It was just a harmless suggestion. I'm not gonna throw a fit and stop playing.

And there's auto-flight. Auto-whatever isn't going to lose any value.

Offline こころ

• #1 Weeaboo
If I remember correctly bots are against rule 8 also auto path are for people who dunno where to go o.o

PandemicNight

I just don't see it as a bot due to the experience I had with it while back on PWI, if you think it's a bot then so be it.
But oh well. I thought it was a pretty good suggestion. That's up to the Game Masters/Creators to decide.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I just don't see it as a bot due to the experience I had with it while back on PWI, if you think it's a bot then so be it.
But oh well. I thought it was a pretty good suggestion. That's up to the Game Masters/Creators to decide.

The game does still feature a Macro system where you can put a sequence of attacks under one single icon.
It's not quite as complex as what you're describing but it might be useful.

You can find it in the skill menu, near the bottom.

If you don't like the idea, then just don't use it if somehow they even put it on the game. I'm not forcing them.

The problem with bots (or auto-farming anything really) is that the negative effects are for those who don't use it.

Offline こころ

• #1 Weeaboo
Also bots ks so they're a pain in the ass -.- perfect example= snowman,haloween mob farmers -.-

PandemicNight

It honestly wasn't that difficult. It's pretty useful. It came up with a box, let you decide when the character uses what. It was pretty easy. I didn't mean to offend anyone if it really was a bad idea.
As for the marcos, do I have to buy many?
Or what's the deal with that?

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
It honestly wasn't that difficult. It's pretty useful. It came up with a box, let you decide when the character uses what. It was pretty easy. I didn't mean to offend anyone if it really was a bad idea.
As for the marcos, do I have to buy many?
Or what's the deal with that?

Macros can be set up in your skill window.

R>Combo Skills>New.

You drag whatever skills you want into the boxes provided and save it and assign to a key. The macro will use the skills in order (if one is on cooldown, it will skip that skill and go to the next). If you use the "Repeat" button in the macro builder and place it at the beginning of the macro, you can keep it going on a continuous loop.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I think I know what you're talking about.  I didn't do it, but my husband tried it out when they implemented it on PWI (it's a fairly recent thing).  Their economy is so far gone that it really didn't matter if they implemented what essentially is a bot or not.  It's not really needed here, and we already have an issue with inflation, which is SOMEWHAT under control.

No...no.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)