Epic Perfect World

EPW Not Launching On My PC

Sero

Hi guys  :monkey-36:

So I downloaded EPW on a different pc system (Windows Vista) unpacked it and tried launching it with the patcher. However it states "Mismatched Version - Verify files" and then goes on to say something like Choose the USA server for a faster download or the EU server. I do that then it restarts the launcher and tries downloading a file that says "unicow" or something in that terms.....I can't really remember because I deleted the entire file to re download it lol. Can a gm possibly tell me what's going on and/or how to fix it if it happens again?

Thank you :monkey-39:  :monkey-30:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
tried running it as admin ?

Offline Kakaro

• Inactive Archer
  • Unmoved
  • Characters: Kakaro
try w7 maybe it wll help

vlntbty

Did you try running it as Admin? Did you click USA server or EU server? Did you try verifying? Might have to redownload it. :/

Sero

tried running it as admin ?

Yea. I am admin plus I re-downloaded the entire zipped file 3 times and also verified it. The patcher verifies the files and says the client is up-to-date but when I launch it, it starts then crashes every time.

Did you try running it as Admin? Did you click USA server or EU server? Did you try verifying? Might have to redownload it. :/
It didn't give me a choice to choose a patch. It always says either the EU sever is too slow that I should choose the USA server or vice versa. When I do, It'll say "Version Mismatched/ Verify files" I used WINRAR to unpack it. I'll try to again using a torrent program and see what happens.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Exception in your antivirus?

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
hm i remember when i had that message, to choose from usa, i had to click like 6 times lol
i think cuz few people are connected to it.
also u said it crashes?
it might be something related to the directx or your graphic card.
did u install the directx enduser runtime aswell ?