Epic Perfect World

New Server - helpful info

Offline Bouncy

• Hi, how are you? (it's a song)
A very good prior post brought up the issue of getting a new server - I too suffer from high ping (constantly over 1k) and very low FPS (ranging from 2 on the low end to just over 30 on the high, but often 8-15 range) - pk is comic at best at these speeds.

TWO bits of useful information could be helpful to the EPW community:

1) how much would a new server cost?  Lets get the facts on the table.  And if a good server is under $10,000 maybe we can crowd source the needed funds - at least 1 or 2 folks playing EPW are rich or semi-rich right?

2) If funding is available, WHERE would the best spot be for a new server or servers?  I've read in the prior forum post about peeps in Australia and Indonesia --- wooo hooo  Block M my favorite shopping in Jakarta! having bad ping, and someone in California also with bad ping, but I'm in Canada and it's awful ping here too.  So the solution, is not likely "a" new server, it's "many" new servers.  Which brings us back to point one, what servers brand/model is EPW using and how much would a new server cost?

Surly there is someone in the EPW community with good social media skills and able to coordinate a crowd sourcing project for the necessary money, assuming new servers would fix the problem that is.

thx
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
BouncyHEAL - 150 gear sage cleric
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
BouncyVENO - 150 sage veno
SLASHnBASH - 150 gear sage bm
PermaPING - 150 gear demon barb
LickMyMYST - 150 gear demon myst
iPSYuDIE - 150 demon psy
iSLICEu - 150 gear demon seek

Ennaoj

Please tell me you're kidding

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Not sound mean or anything,but why would i donate my money for a server pinoys ned so they dont lagg?If pinoys have high ping i suggest they move to other game or other private server instead of asking for your own.(not sure if you are pinoy but theyre the ones who qq about lagg. :sad:

Offline Bouncy

• Hi, how are you? (it's a song)
No I'm not Indonesian, I've been there a few times, but I'm Canadian and live in Canada, but from what I read the ping/fps issue is systemic.  And I don't need to be from a certain country to hope that everyone playing EPW has a high quality experience.  The more people who play this game the better, the less people that play this game the less relevant it is.  Everything is related.  The reason we are all on this private server is because of the population, otherwise we'd be playing on private servers with only 200 people online at any give time, that's no fun.

And I'm not sure how it would affect everyone if a new server was added in Europe, North America or Asia... it seems to me that lightening the load in one region will be positive for all regions... but I'm not a network expert so can't say for sure.
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
BouncyHEAL - 150 gear sage cleric
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
BouncyVENO - 150 sage veno
SLASHnBASH - 150 gear sage bm