Epic Perfect World

Why didnt Bms get Dragon Rising in the patch?

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Make it unstackable with normal stun and every1 will say +1 to add it. As it is atm, it's not like WR will be fun, will be just ROAR, dragon rising whenever u want, u don't need a brain to time it, continue apsing, say gf.(since attack lvl and phy attack been increased, WR also deals more, so it's harder to tank 1stun)

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
You should have added it its not op if you are any good u will dodge it.
You should have added it its not op if you are any good u will dodge it.

this^

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
  • Characters: Desecrate, others
  • Faction: does it matter
My suggestion, would be to add it. Just because people do not want some over-edited patch and they want to play arond with everything given. Also, I'm half expecting anyone who can't kill someone to roll barbs, because 2-3 barbs spamming stomp on someone basically means they will never move. Antistun will not save you, and neither will any resist.

Also, for those saying it would make it a BM playground... Dragon rising still requires one spark, and I'm telling you from 5+ years on the class, that in mass, it does not get used often. As far as 1v1 goes, you adapt. You learn how to counter it. There is no logical reason why you had it removed, as you added the barb one, which I believe is 4 seconds.

Would appreciate an explanation as well.

Zirkon

My suggestion, would be to add it. Just because people do not want some over-edited patch and they want to play arond with everything given. Also, I'm half expecting anyone who can't kill someone to roll barbs, because 2-3 barbs spamming stomp on someone basically means they will never move. Antistun will not save you, and neither will any resist.

Also, for those saying it would make it a BM playground... Dragon rising still requires one spark, and I'm telling you from 5+ years on the class, that in mass, it does not get used often. As far as 1v1 goes, you adapt. You learn how to counter it. There is no logical reason why you had it removed, as you added the barb one, which I believe is 4 seconds.

Would appreciate an explanation as well.
completely agree on this one if ur good u will always know how to dodge it..

Offline EastCoast

+10000000000000000

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
That mana burn that Venomancers got, so OP. Watch out wrs.

Sab

There is no way to counter it, that's why it was removed. Every one wants OP stuff from their side, when removed= QQ, when something op used against them= QQ remove this Skill. I would say this, Barbs need that stun cause they only had 1 stun which was a 60% proc if demon. But BMs don't need that shit. They already got more than 3-4 stuns to use, you can stun lock with out Dragon rising with no probs. Thing is the that, are you that good to time your stuns? and about the dodging thing, there is no way in game's earth, you would dodge it, it's either Expel, AD or get a new paralyze in your genie if I'm not mistaken and lastly timing your 1-2 sparks just to dodge it, and I bet no more than 10 players in the server who would time it right while ping stands a reason, if you're saying" be good player to dodge". 1.5 update wasn't meant to be a "balance" people wanted it and now you got it, in fact it was made for the opposite reason. If you really knew why, you wouldn't have asked for it in the first place. Any ways removing that stun was a decent choice, Although I still think editing the skill to nerf their effect would've been  better.

P.S if you really think BMs are nothing with out that stun, then I would suggest for you to reroll to another class.
Last Edit: Apr 09, 2014, 09:31 pm by Dork

Offline Vindex

• The Guardian
  • Hood on soldier, do not let them see your eyes.
  • Characters: Vindex, Raiten
  • Faction: One Who Lurks
There is no way to counter it, that's why it was removed. Every one wants OP stuff from their side, when removed= QQ, when something op used against them= QQ remove this Skill. I would say this, Barbs need that stun cause they only had 1 stun which was a 60% proc if demon. But BMs don't need that shit. They already got more than 3-4 stuns to use, you can stun lock with out Dragon rising with no probs. Thing is the thing, are you that good to time your stuns? and about the dodging thing, there is no way in game's earth, you would dodge it, it's either Expel, AD or get a new paralyze in your genie if I'm not mistaken and lastly timing your 1-2 sparks just to dodge it, and I bet no more than 10 players in the server who would time it right while ping stands a reason, if you're saying" be good player to dodge". 1.5 update wasn't meant to be a "balance" people wanted it and now you got it, in fact it was made for the opposite reason. If you really knew why, you wouldn't have asked for it in the first place. Any ways removing that stun was a decent choice, Although I still think editing the skill to nerf their effect would've been  better.

P.S if you really think BMs are nothing with out that stun, then I would suggest for you to reroll to another class.

Whoever u are, i love you.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Yes. Unblockable, unremovable stun is not OP.

Especially not on a class that has high hp and more defenses than any other class. A class that's also able to move fast and deals decent damage.

Let's forget for a moment how easy it makes stunlocks and how difficult it is to counter (other than just popping apo or running away from combat entirely.)

It'd still be a bad idea because nobody is going to be able to kill the bm. The largest reason bm's are so hard to kill 1on1 (Other than high hp and high defense) ? They stun every time they aren't locked themselves.  Counter? Antistun. Which is already hampered by the disarm & seal, however those have decently long cooldowns.
Add a stun that goes trough anti to that and the bm will have a guaranteed way to break up any and all attacks before they risk dieing. Between seal, disarm, paralyze & genie nobody will have enough chi or genie energy to do any effective attack. After that it's only a matter of time untill the bm wins.

That mana burn that Venomancers got, so OP. Watch out wrs.

From this day on I will view every group of players in pk mode as a game of bowling.
One point for every player falling on the floor, best score wins.

Offline Desecrate

• waves
  • floating endlessly
  • Characters: Desecrate, others
  • Faction: does it matter
It's not that it's unblockable, it's that they gave it to barbs and not to WRs. It's why I would appreciate an explanation, as stomp takes ZERO chi while dragon rising takes ONE spark.

<<<logic??

Araqiel

It's not that it's unblockable, it's that they gave it to barbs and not to WRs. It's why I would appreciate an explanation, as stomp takes ZERO chi while dragon rising takes ONE spark.

<<<logic??

barbs dont have that many stuns as bms, thats why
im more annoyed by all sins boosts than not getting this bm paralyse

Offline Zebulon_

• Characters: XUmbralLokiX
  • Faction: LOVE
Yes. Unblockable, unremovable stun is not OP.

Especially not on a class that has high hp and more defenses than any other class. A class that's also able to move fast and deals decent damage.

Let's forget for a moment how easy it makes stunlocks and how difficult it is to counter (other than just popping apo or running away from combat entirely.)

It'd still be a bad idea because nobody is going to be able to kill the bm. The largest reason bm's are so hard to kill 1on1 (Other than high hp and high defense) ? They stun every time they aren't locked themselves.  Counter? Antistun. Which is already hampered by the disarm & seal, however those have decently long cooldowns.
Add a stun that goes trough anti to that and the bm will have a guaranteed way to break up any and all attacks before they risk dieing. Between seal, disarm, paralyze & genie nobody will have enough chi or genie energy to do any effective attack. After that it's only a matter of time untill the bm wins.

From this day on I will view every group of players in pk mode as a game of bowling.
One point for every player falling on the floor, best score wins.

This is what BM use to be...Now we are quite useless...In EPW BM has been throwed into a support role in Mass Pk which it's cool but not everyone wants that for BM, as for giving out skills Sins have as much damage, as much stun/disables/tricks whatever you want to call it. Barb stun is spammable...bottom line so if your going to really sit here and complain about it being unblockable or not easy countered learn your class, learn the game you keep the one skill every BM main was hoping for locked for what true reason? because some people say it's unfair? Let's get everything straight EPW is not the avg server we all know that. Magic dealers do more then physical dealers we know that. So as a BM main I rely on my stuns to make up for damage difference. It requires one spark to cast so already it can't be overused. Sure, people will make combos as to where they can Semi-spam it. Key word Semi spam it. If you really gonna comment some stupid stuff at least provide facts. I believe in NH sins/barb have a similar skill but they get their skill unlocked and BM don't? veno get a mana burn no one complain about that? LOL GG to all

Sab

This is what BM use to be...Now we are quite useless...In EPW BM has been throwed into a support role in Mass Pk which it's cool but not everyone wants that for BM, as for giving out skills Sins have as much damage, as much stun/disables/tricks whatever you want to call it. Barb stun is spammable...bottom line so if your going to really sit here and complain about it being unblockable or not easy countered learn your class, learn the game you keep the one skill every BM main was hoping for locked for what true reason? because some people say it's unfair? Let's get everything straight EPW is not the avg server we all know that. Magic dealers do more then physical dealers we know that. So as a BM main I rely on my stuns to make up for damage difference. It requires one spark to cast so already it can't be overused. Sure, people will make combos as to where they can Semi-spam it. Key word Semi spam it. If you really gonna comment some stupid stuff at least provide facts. I believe in NH sins/barb have a similar skill but they get their skill unlocked and BM don't? veno get a mana burn no one complain about that? LOL GG to all
Sins are #1`that had to get nerfed, especially that elimination skill. I still think testers were on crack for letting it stay this way. Again though, BMs can 1vs1, idn what you really mean. DPH/APS wise they deal good damage. Barbs need that stun, but it shouldn't have been spammable I agree with you on that. But this is my opinon, I really wouldn't blame any one but the testers. Testers should have been picken carefully and been known from their pvp/pve experience. Because really, EPW is a server were Casters/Eas hit hard but are squishy. Again though, adding that elimination skill and not putting it as a 1st priority of thought, while sins still owned the server... well I really have no commen. It's just my opinion any ways, so no need to get offended.

Offline EastCoast

BM class is specal and 1 of the oldest among all it must have some special stun like this one it's just desurve it everyother class have stuns too so the main stunner cant have any special diff kind of stuns i dont see the point