Epic Perfect World

Suggestions 1, 2, & 3

Offline Bouncy

• Hi, how are you? (it's a song)
My first Forum post so please bear with me and I don't troll this forum so apologies if these suggestions are well covered.

In order of increasing complexity, my three suggestions to improve this game are:

1. All buffs get assigned a fixed timer linked directly to live-game-time.  This means when you are in NW and you...DC for example, all your buffs don't disappear.  This would not affect the loss of buffs due to in-game death or the timer running out during game play even if you're afk or whatever.  I know this is technically possible because when a Psy dc's some buffs remain, but most disappear.  Other MMORPG's I've played allow for buffs to remain for any period (1 year+) regardless of a dc or simply logging off.  When you log back on or reconnect after a dc, you are fully buffed as you were...and why on earth shouldn't you be?

2. I feel this game, EPW, is meant to be better in a whole bunch of ways versus PWI (a game I played for years with 102 barb, 101 sin, 101 psy and others).  Better, to me, means more enjoying the game and less grinding and other pointless fixed requirements.  Thus, when it comes to daily BH's, why can't an additional option be added to the NPC that starts Warsong allowing for either: a) avoiding the timer altogether; or b) dramatically shorten the timer to say 1 or 2 minutes?  I don't know how difficult  reprogramming the code for Warsong would be, but if possible it should be done.

3. By far the best possible improvement to this game would be a more dynamic fighting/interface system.  I do not know if this involves a complete overhaul of the game engine running EPW or PWI, but without question it was the first massive flaw I noticed when I started paying this game (PWI many years ago and EPW about 1-2 years ago).  What I mean by dynamic fighting/interface is this... the ability to move/attack/use skills/cast spells on-the-fly in any motion.  So for example, if I was on my wizard, I should be able to jump in the air, cast a spell, land, run and cast more spells while I run.  As we all know, the current game engine only allows for standing in one spot, going through a channel + motion/graphic routine followed by the execution of the skill/action/spell.  This is not true of other MMORPGs such as GW/2 which is respectable in regard to attacks/skills on the fly but by far the best game engine for dynamic action is DDO or Dungeons & Dragons Online, you'd have to see it to believe it but imagine a caster jumping in the air and tossing a wall-of-fire into a group of mobs, landing and casting stoneskin and displacement buffs while running.  Anyway, the ability to interface with the environment even during fighting scenarios on a more fluid basis really elevates a game away from a "graphically impressive modified turn-based engine" toward something that can stand at the very top of gaming experiences.  The ray of hope I have for this lies in the EPW genie system which allows for dynamic casting of genie skills...ie, you can jump or run and throw Absolute Domain on yourself, you don't need to stand still, get locked into a sequence, then get the absolute domain, then move again.  Essentially it would require separating the channel time+risk of interruption+graphics around each skill and keep all that separate from the movement within the environment either standing still/walking/running/jumping...perhaps tumbling would cancel a skill/spell.

thanks.
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
BouncyHEAL - 150 gear sage cleric
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
BouncyVENO - 150 sage veno
SLASHnBASH - 150 gear sage bm
PermaPING - 150 gear demon barb
LickMyMYST - 150 gear demon myst
iPSYuDIE - 150 demon psy
iSLICEu - 150 gear demon seek

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Agatio (Developer) has limited resources, and his coding is quite limited at the moment. Don't expect so highly of a private server. All 3 of these would have to be implemented on PWI before implemented here. Besides, if Agatio was such a great developer - he wouldn't be here, but in a larger gaming company coding for them. Nice ideas, wrong place.

Offline Dragon

• 150 Demon Sin Aps Looking for mentor plox!
Agatio (Developer) has limited resources, and his coding is quite limited at the moment. Don't expect so highly of a private server. All 3 of these would have to be implemented on PWI before implemented here. Besides, if Agatio was such a great developer - he wouldn't be here, but in a larger gaming company coding for them. Nice ideas, wrong place.
cum on vent
When in doubt spark it out.
Risk it for the biscuit.
Too balls deep in bum rushing half the time to make it out alive

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆

Offline Drive

• 🌙
In nw you can always ask a random cleric for buffs.As. for skill animations if you want more detailed animations go plsy Terra or GW. :-X

Offline Bouncy

Thanks for that insight.  I'm what could only be described as a hard-core gamer in the extreme sense of that phrase, but I have no idea what coding is all about, nor the challenges to make in-game changes.  Many of my comments did however mention both PWI & EPW as it seems to me that much of the core code comes from PWI, so yes, it makes sense that PWI would likely lead the change/improvements.

My hope in making the post was to get people thinking about these particular changes - and I also thought some might be possible in the not too distant future.  Then again, I'm clueless about changing code so whadda I know.
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
iPSYuDIE - 150 demon psy

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
My hope in making the post was to get people thinking about these particular changes - and I also thought some might be possible in the not too distant future.
Like it was said, this would have to be added by PWI, and I'm pretty sure PWI doesn't care too much about random private server forums. Honestly, with all the animations we have, its nice. If we had more, it would start to feel less like pwi and more like the average game.

Offline Bouncy

I think I need to clarify.  I've never suggested adding more animations.

Suggestion 1 - timed buffed that don't go away when u log off or dc.  - and yes, a cleric can rebuff in NW but that is beside the point.
Suggestion 2 - add an option at the npc in warsong to avoid or reduce timer for those doing bh only.
Suggestion 3 - allow for dynamic movement while casting spells or using skills rather than being forced to stand in one spot and not being able to move.

For an industry leading example of item 3 I suggested looking at DDO or GW/2 which proves it can be done.  I've also played Aion and others which also have this feature  As far as animations and the "look" of EPW or PWI, I do believe it is amazing, really the graphics are the one major differentiator about this game which kept me locked-in. DDO is an example of a much better game engine and much more realistic experience, but the "look" of DDO is much more muted, and less pleasing.  So I do disagree that having animation or the ability to use spells/skill while moving would diminish EPW, I think it would put it as the #1 game and that position would be pretty bullet proof.
BouncyBow - r8 sage
BouncySin - r8 sage
BouncyWiz - r8 demon
BouncyPSY - r8 sage
BouncySEEK - r8 sage
NoBARB - r8 sage
BouncyBM - r8 demon
ITSaMYST2ME - r8 sage
iSliceU - 150 demon sin
iPSYuDIE - 150 demon psy

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
I think I need to clarify.  I've never suggested adding more animations.

Suggestion 1 - timed buffed that don't go away when u log off or dc.  - and yes, a cleric can rebuff in NW but that is beside the point.
Suggestion 2 - add an option at the npc in warsong to avoid or reduce timer for those doing bh only.
Suggestion 3 - allow for dynamic movement while casting spells or using skills rather than being forced to stand in one spot and not being able to move.

ehh suggestions 1 and 3 have to be done by pwi, but then again i dont think pwi would go for suggestion 3 and 2 there was a sugestion made about that a while back, and i think the answer was no because you need that timer regardless in order for you to do warsong or something idk was way back so bad memory, suggest searching for that one.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Well, if you have played PWI for years, you probably know about their forum. You'll have to suggest 1 & 3 over there. If they add it in a patch, we'll get it when EPW gets that patch.

Offline Robbert

• Forum Veteran
  • fumez decolez visez aterizez
  • Faction: XP/Arti Leader
also i think you should make the people on mounts able to attack like horsemen (how i saw in other games lol xD) + you should invent 2 new classes like vampires and orchs (bcuz vampires are cuteee :3) + my last suggestion you should make a place that looks like minecraft like another instance man i think that would improve the game a lot lol xD man xD