Epic Perfect World

Counting votes

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
... my security program now marks it as a phishing site, preventing any voting at all  ::)
I was using Avast few years, it was the best free one I could find.

After installing Win7 I changed to Microsoft Security Essentials, and it is good enough for what I do.
Both are at the top of various comparison lists. (Version for XP also exists if needed.)

When I installed EPW client it just asked "Cannot recognize patcher.exe file, do you allow the program to send it to Microsoft for analisys?". I allowed and now all is ok.

It doesn't mark "our" voting sites as phishing.

~~~~~

Of course, no two or more security programs are recommended to work simultaneously.
They can interlock each other in the moments of checking the same file, and freeze comp.

People usually know that, but not all of them.
Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 03:16 pm by geriatrix
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Watain

I was using Avast few years, it was the best free one I could find.

After installing Win7 I changed to Microsoft Security Essentials, and it is good enough for what I do.
Both are at the top of various comparison lists. (Version for XP also exists if needed.)

When I installed EPW client it just asked "Cannot recognize patcher.exe file, do you allow the program to send it to Microsoft for analisys?". I allowed and now all is ok.

It doesn't mark "our" voting sites as phishing.

~~~~~

Of course, no two or more security programs are recommended to work simultaneously.
They can interlock each other in the moments of checking the same file, and freeze comp.

People usually know that, but not all of them.

I'm currently using COMODO. Worked very well for me so far, especially since I've had problems with almost every other free program out there.

It strikes me as odd however that from one day to the next, xtremetop100 gets blocked. It worked with the same settings for almost 2 months. Ever since the captcha kept crashing or the site did not respond the last few days, its been giving me this report. Vote-link 2 is perfectly fine...

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
The problem isn't the anti-virus. The problem is the site, they may have been hacked or used a bad add on their site which is what's doing the malware stuff. It'll go away once google clears the site.

Offline Wolfgang

The problem can be solved easy, think about if we have now 3714 votes and the 1st place got 4352 how many votes we will have if the voting time is reduces at 3h.
If you lower the time you can lower the reward(or not)  :P
But we would have almost double votes. So almost 7500 while 1st place and second place only 4500...
Now this is just an ideea:)

Wolfgang - 150 Barb
RazviArch - 150 Arch
HolyGod - 150 Wiz
Few others xD

Offline Lenaleelee

• I'll be destroyed...
 ??? I just tried to vote and google stopped me because it says that the xtremetop100 has been reported as a phishing site.

Offline Archangel

Yes i have a few times the problem ' cant open socket ' and had now my windows defenders says xtreme top 100 is a attack page? lolz i don't know whats going on but they need to check their site anyways i have voted 3 times without problems so it was a good day as usual for voting ;) so chin up people just keep trying please cause we all know who should be on # 1 position

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
The problem can be solved easy, think about if we have now 3714 votes and the 1st place got 4352 how many votes we will have if the voting time is reduces at 3h.
If you lower the time you can lower the reward(or not)  :P
But we would have almost double votes. So almost 7500 while 1st place and second place only 4500...
Now this is just an ideea:)
Won't work.

Voting script only passes your vote to xtremetop100 from your own address.
xtremetop100 checks the origin (your address) and when the previous vote came from that address.
We can vote every 15 min if we want, but xtremetop100 won't count it.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Archangel

I don't know maybe geriatrix has a point maybe the problems and solutions begins and ends with xtreme top100 but still its weird why BD and V get so many Votes i know for sure something is messed up ><

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
  • 私は天使です - Watashi wa tenshi desu~!
BD and Vendetta are older servers that have been up longer. I'm not sure about vendetta but on BD, you grind on one mob until 150 and from then on, you are actually forced to vote if you want to get to 450. Voting = some special currency in a special client they have. That client can convert that currency either into ingame gold or levels.

Offline Turtles

back to the subject since alot of us tend to go off subject. I.E  > counting votes < there must be something wrong with xtremetop100 voting service because if you look at the other voting site we got like 5k vote which if xtremetop100 did register all the vote that we put in we would CLEARLY BEAT  vendetta and BD
0.o

Offline Archangel

o0Oh i see okay that's good info Angel i dint know that about BD um i did hear once vote gold is handy on that server for lvs but to go that far >< its like a bribe, or are we no different ?

P.s i really have to sleep so Good night folks have fun be safe :)

P.s again lolz yes your right Turtles i think for sure we should be #1 a lot think so and maybe even BD and V know so, the problem is xtreme top 100 for not using a good system or worse they favor some servers... i really going to sleep nowzzz..zz
Last Edit: July 10, 2012, 09:51 pm by Archangel