Epic Perfect World

Beta Testing

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
i was curious to know what were the qualifications to be a beta tester? atleast the one you guys looked for :police:

Offline Drive

• 🌙
Im not sure,but i think they will just randomly pick peoples. :-\

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
Im not sure,but i think they will just randomly pick peoples. :-\

what agatio said:

Staff and I will be picking people among these who signed up (sometimes randomly).

no shade intended =P

i curious about the people not chosen randomly =P

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
seems like they were picked by the guild they are in or by the carebear/trashtalker status. :) not by how well they know their classes or how well they know the game. So..

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
seems like they were picked by the guild they are in or by the carebear/trashtalker status. :) not by how well they know their classes or how well they know the game. So..

Thank you for being an example of what will cause you to not be on the list.

Reasons behind picking people was a mixture of things. Behavior was a big part of that.

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran

Reasons behind picking people was a mixture of things. Behavior was a big part of that.
i already know that im not picked, dw. But choosing the testers by the behaviour seems like non sense to me since that doesnt matter when testing

Ennaoj

^
Couldn't have said it any better.

i already know that im not picked, dw. But choosing the testers by the behaviour seems like non sense to me since that doesnt matter when testing

^
Guess you won't understand then :)

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Reasons behind picking people was a mixture of things. Behavior was a big part of that

Things like:
- People who don't appear a huge amount in the ban logs
- People who have helped us in the past
- People who show good qualities to help test the content properly
- People who haven't openly disrespected staff and other people
- People who have been helpful in game or on forums
- Some people at random

Being a nice, decent person =/= carebear. By definition, it seems like everyone who isn't openly a dick is a carebear. There is a middle ground called being a normal human being. People should check it out sometime. If you treat people poorly, you can't expect any favours.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
Things like:
- Some people at random

Being a nice, decent person =/= carebear. By definition, it seems like everyone who isn't openly a dick is a carebear. There is a middle ground called being a normal human being. People should check it out sometime. If you treat people poorly, you can't expect any favours.

I loeauve you :-X

calling people "carebears" only because they're nice to others, is getting seriously boring :normal-21:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
Things like:
- Some people at random

i never said  that there isnt any middle option, but at the same time people tend to think that if you get muted once or twice you are a very bad person. My point is that for the sake of the server you should get testers that know the game since pk its what keeps this server alive, you can pve on any other server, but the balance and the community is what makes this server number 1.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
i never said  that there isnt any middle option, but at the same time people tend to think that if you get muted once or twice you are a very bad person. My point is that for the sake of the server you should get testers that know the game since pk its what keeps this server alive, you can pve on any other server, but the balance and the community is what makes this server number 1.
Not geting in the beta test is also a way of punishment for the people that caused problems.If any of the people that caused big problems won't get in,they will think twice before they make any problems further.It's just another way to calm down their spirits.And if just 1 of the 'people that know the game' is not in the beta,doesn't mean there aren't others good inside of it.Let's wait for the beta be4 we QQ about who got in and who not.

Offline LeiTo

• Old Player
  • Characters: LeiTo
  • Faction: Tyrants
They act like it on every server.
Make the Beta Test totaly useless cause of picking players with a huge lack of knowledge and skills.
Servers where I come from pick random people too for Beta test, during 1 month we get a patch every week to balance a totaly broken patch, at the end : server wipe.

I'm not waiting anything decent from a Beta Test since age, just waiting patch.
Hard to accept, but people like Vermillion are the best to test a patch like the incoming one.

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
None of the beta testers on the list have yet to be released. Save judgement until after people actually enter the test server.

Offline Echo

• Retired Staff Member
If you're so hardpressed to "test" PvP, you're welcomed to go "test" on another server.
Balance is important, but I'd rather the game be functional to the point where balance can actually be worked on. Even then, there will be no perfect balance. There is a large amount of content coming in this update, meaning, it would be difficult for just the staff to go over it all in a sensible timeframe without the community getting even more restless.

People will be expected to listen and behave while helping us. It is a privilege not something you can just get obtain(randoms were selected to make it a fair chance for all, and they are expected to behave just as well). There could be no testing done by the community at all, but there is. If you aren't happy about it, tough titties.

If you think you're so awesome and skilled, then go on feeling that way, it won't make you look better in our eyes. Anyone is capable of great things, don't oversell yourself.

Also, the question has been answered. /end thread

Quote from: Arashiwf
i remember the fashion