Epic Perfect World

Bullying

Offline Ditzy

• Retired
  • Characters: Ditzy, Amused
Hello, I started this post due to things iv been seeing and hearing.
This is for a friend of mine, and the one i lost to bullying. (In Real)
I don't think some people understand when they take things to far.
This is a message to all those Bullys out there Including Cyber Bullys, The people Who watch it happen and are to scared to stick up for the person due to becoming bullyed themselves.  and the People whom are bullyed. There is hope if people stick together. 

Speak Up, Stop Bullying.
Rest in peace Haily I love you.

Fixed

My Reply:
Completely missed my point, If you watched the Video u would see the message i was trying to show for those who Bully and are Bullyed and the once who Watch it happen. It shows people each and everyone has a voice. if you see someone being bullyed, speak up, and Cyber Bullying was not 100% directed to the game like lol alot of ppl like myself would laugh at the idea of someone trying to bully on a game but some ppl will take it to heart and that does not mean they r weak and yes cyber bullying and in rl bullying is not the same thing but it does not make it any less hurtful or anymore ok. Everyone deals with things differently, was mostly directed to social networks such as Face-Book. Other places of which these occasions occur would be your local school or work places ect..
Standing up for the people who feel alone in these times of life of which they are feeling so small......
Can mean alot,  but its up to those people whom witness these occasions each and everyday to make that decision.
You might not be able to stop it from happening completely,
BUT U CAN stand together and unite against it.
Just reaching out to that one person and showing them "Hey, I care" is what makes the difference.
Last Edit: Mar 21, 2014, 04:01 pm by Ditzy

Reliant

what happened to the one being bullied ? is he ok ? I hope the best for the ones that are going through that stuff, may god guide them through the path of endless suffering and show them radiance of a distance light to it's aggressor.

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
*sigh*

I hope you're doing okay.  I'm sorry for your loss.

It's sad really, people don't pay attention to bullying, whether real life or cyber until it's too late. 

I have been a victim of both kinds of bullying, from both those my age, and those older than me (teachers).  I made it out alive.  It took years of therapy, but I did.  But I wouldn't ever wish something like this on even my worst enemy.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
Bullying hurts a lot. People think the things they say don't matter or that you shouldn't be affected by them, but that's just not how it works. Best wishes to you and good luck. I'm sorry for your loss.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
Sadly bullying happens even here but you just have to ignore and get over.  :-\
I've been bullied since I was in middle school so I kinda got used to it and I just ignore it. I don't really care what others think about me, just my close friends. xD

I'm sorry for your loss.  Cyber bullying won't stop since some people don't understand that over that pixels, over that character, in front of other computer in other place of the planet there's a real person with real feelings. Or if they understand they don't care.

Offline Diogo.

• Harry is a pretty fairy.
  • Niggurz stole Harry's ketchup.
  Cyber bullying won't stop since some people don't understand that over that pixels, over that character, in front of other computer in other place of the planet there's a real person with real feelings. Or if they understand they don't care.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Offline Mars Attacks!

• Forum Veteran
You simply can't compare cyber bullying to irl bullying.  :normal-20:

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
This ^

I know words can hurt more than anything, but you can escape people if you have to. Just quit or block the people that bother you, or like some say 'look away from your screen'. If you get bullied irl its much harder to deal with, because you'll have to face those people every day.
Last Edit: Mar 20, 2014, 11:12 pm by Inaru

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic

This is true.  I actually got hurt more when I was bullied irl.  This isn't to say that cyberbullying isn't bad, not at all.  But in my personal experience, getting my mouth stuffed with tissues when I was 6 by a teacher was a lot more painful than a couple of disgruntled girls leaving hate mail and dedicating a wiki page to my blog.

(the girls who set up that wiki page btw, wasn't smart enough to protect the page, so I left them a nice little message...:D)

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
This ^

I know words can hurt more than anything, but you can escape people if you have to. Just quit or block the people that bother you, or like people say 'look away from your screen'. If you get bullied irl its much harder to deal with, because you'll have to face those people every day.

This is true. Online is a choice, real life isn't. However it doesn't make it any less hurtful or any more okay. While it may not be physical, words and thoughts can eat at you long after your computer is turned off or that person is blocked.

Words and experiences affect people differently. Cyber and irl bullying are two different occurrences but both are not okay.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I'm neutral on that statement. What difference does it make to a person who takes the bullying to heart whether it's online or not? You can mess with someone in a lot of different and permanent ways. Once something is on the internet (lets say an unflattering picture, not nudes because that is the responsibility of the owner, that is altered to look worse), it stays on there. Most people who are bullied go onto their computers and game/blog/forum/whatever in order to escape what is going on in their real lives. What happens when the place you felt safe in before is taken away as well? I can understand why you would think that RL bullying is much worse because it can be (ex. physical assault). I think that people need to remember that just because we're all basically strangers to each other doesn't give us license to act horrible. You wouldn't stop a random person on the street and cuss them out, so why would you feel the need to online? It's not about, "why does it matter since we don't see each other face to face?", it's about being a decent person through and through, not putting up a façade in front of people.

Sorry for your loss, I think its a shame that people kill themselves over bullying and I cannot even comprehend it. 

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
Both still hurt and can affect you in the cyber world and your "real life", i.e. cyber bullying can lead to poor self esteem, weight gain, stress, anxiety, depression - things that can affect you in your day-to-day life and lead to even more bullying by the "real world". Everyone has different experiences. It's unfair to minimize the effects of one instance just because you react to it differently, imo.

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
This is true. Online is a choice, real life isn't. However it doesn't make it any less hurtful or any more okay. While it may not be physical, words and thoughts can eat at you long after your computer is turned off or that person is blocked.

Words and experiences affect people differently. Cyber and irl bullying are two different occurrences but both are not okay.
Never said it's not okay, some people just need to realize they dont HAVE to log in every day, they can stop it by themself.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Never said it's not okay, some people just need to realize they dont HAVE to log in every day, they can stop it by themself.

Of course. I wasn't inferring that you said it was okay. It was a general statement. I was agreeing with you overall, it is much easier to control than something you face in person.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Nicolle

• Old Player
  • No
  • Faction: Artifex
Sadly bullying happens even here but you just have to ignore and get over.  :-\
I've been bullied since I was in middle school so I kinda got used to it and I just ignore it. I don't really care what others think about me, just my close friends. xD

I'm sorry for your loss.  Cyber bullying won't stop since some people don't understand that over that pixels, over that character, in front of other computer in other place of the planet there's a real person with real feelings. Or if they understand they don't care.

You been bullied??
Say name fast
Im go use ninja skill put RO curse and save world

- ontopic-
Bullying is indeed bad