Epic Perfect World

World needs to change...

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER

Clemency to Jeff Mizanskey: Life without parole for marijuana
Help by signing the petition below and set this man free of the victim-less crime that he has to serve life for.
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Can't tell if this is a troll or not, however, I think the real issue is not that this man got life for marijuana, but the fact that some murderers and sex offenders don't.
You break the law, you get punished. Simple. But at least give justified and logical sentences accordingly.

But this is prolly getting too erm....mainstream for game forums =x

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

EricaMurcas

Signed. I'm sorry, were he a rapist then, great, boot his sorry ass to prison. But marijuana? Come on, that is, pretty much, the less lethal form of drug. Unless there is an extra charge I'm not aware of, let this man free. Put him on probation or something. Geez.

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
Can't tell if this is a troll or not, however, I think the real issue is not that this man got life for marijuana, but the fact that some murderers and sex offenders don't.
You break the law, you get punished. Simple. But at least give justified and logical sentences accordingly.

Not a troll i often rarely troll. And this is why i posted it in off topic ppl who mostly sit behind a computer are not aware of the screwed up reality most american's live in. This is the country called land of the free and home of the brave. where if you are a immigrant and have no money you get deported or thrown in jail. or if u smoke a small plant u get 30 years to life meanwhile pedo's rapists and everybody else cqan shank u in prison and just walk out the door the next day. the only "Free" and "Brave" in america where i live are Politicians and D.E.A/Police. hasn't been "we the people for the people" since i have existed.
But plz sign the petition and set this poor man free so he can go home to his son.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
:c poor child with no dad to be with him for 20 years, srsly. I signed c:

^yea lol.
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
TY guys for signing,  remember every signature helps so keep signing! <3

Offline Darunia ஜ

• ...Because it is.
  • Censorship is the bane of creativity.
  • Characters: An ungodly amount
  • Faction: Tragic
I will never understand what the big deal about marijuana is. 

I don't give two damns if you smoke it, as long as you don't do it around me and my kid (I'm allergic to marijuana).  Don't need to throw someone in jail for as long as murderers be in there for because they like to smoke a plant.  That just ain't right.

Stay Classy.
Mikau - 150 Sage Archer (unofficially retired)
Darunia - 150 Demon Cleric (unoffical new main)
Catfish - 150 Sage Psy (main PK gal)
Phalanx - 150 Demon BM (because impulsive)

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
  • The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.
  • Characters: Sadistic, Stiletto
...? Weed is pretty much the only "drug" (why the fck would you call it a drug, it's a plant) that has no harmfull effects to your brain/muscles/body, etc. While the THC in it gives you the high sensation, there is another chemical in it called CBD, cannabis with high concentrations of CBD is used for medical purposes. So what the fck?
Oh, and if you don't believe me, here's a video.
http://dozadehas.com/marijuana-este-buna/

Vegas

...? Weed is pretty much the only "drug" (why the fck would you call it a drug, it's a plant) that has no harmfull effects to your brain/muscles/body, etc. While the THC in it gives you the high sensation, there is another chemical in it called CBD, cannabis with high concentrations of CBD is used for medical purposes. So what the fck?
Oh, and if you don't believe me, here's a video.
http://dozadehas.com/marijuana-este-buna/

Agreed, much better than alcohol tbh  :normal-18:

Offline Milkyway

• A Foxy Fox, Fox.
I don't support drugs >.> and it's not a victim-less crime, smoking that crap you don't have entire control of the things you say and do, which can get others hurt. And everyone is different so don't go saying "oh well I smoked for ever and never did anything so why would anyone else? huehuehue* It is a medical Plant based supplement to relieve severe pain, not to relieve people of stress or just to feel good to get by in life, it's pathetic.

This isn't a troll, it's my opinion.

Also that having been said, you don't get thrown in jail for life using the drug, so I'm sure he did more then that or something of that nature.
Iza Fox

Vegas

you don't have entire control of the things you say and do, which can get others hurt.
Why isn't alcohol forbidden then?  :normal-19:

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
I don't support drugs >.> and it's not a victim-less crime, smoking that crap you don't have entire control of the things you say and do, which can get others hurt. And everyone is different so don't go saying "oh well I smoked for ever and never did anything so why would anyone else? huehuehue* It is a medical Plant based supplement to relieve severe pain, not to relieve people of stress or just to feel good to get by in life, it's pathetic.

This isn't a troll, it's my opinion.

Also that having been said, you don't get thrown in jail for life using the drug, so I'm sure he did more then that or something of that nature.
Why are carebears allowed to comment on such threads? Don't you have some ^^ :3 :D :c chats to attend to?CBD in Cannabis is used especially to cure epilepsy, well.. not cure it, but decrease the seizures, don't talk if you don't know anything.
Last Edit: Mar 14, 2014, 05:26 pm by Vermilion.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I sense bullshit on this story. Even if the guy was caught with a truckload of the stuff it'd be very unlikely he'd get a life sentence. Where is the rest of the story?

As for all the marihuana discussing, try some realism for a change. Turning everything into all good or all bad discussions is pointless.

The argument that it's not a drug because it's a plant holds no merit. It counts as a drug due to it's effects, most drugs and medicines alike come from plants.

Saying it's completely harmless is also bullshit. Nothing is completely harmless.
Smoking is bad for your lungs, regardless what it is you're smoking.
Long term effects of marihuana on mental development (especially amongst teens using it) and how it affects a persons state of mind are largely unknown. (Since doing studies on this is nearly impossible and/or illegal.)

Unlike alcohol and various other substances however it's almost impossible to overdose on marihuana and it's known harmful effects are much less severe than many other accepted substances. A good example being that it's easy to die of alcohol poisoning, but ingesting/smoking enough marihuana to die purely of that is physically impossible. The smoke and/or overeating would take you out faster.

It also has several documented positive effects. Pain and anxiety relief are good examples.
However, praising it as some miracle cure is also ridiculous, as is acting as if it's some horrible poison. It may help some, it may hurt others.

Some of the social arguments also hold merit, it being a gateway drug to more harmful stuff is a common one. It's pretty hard to deny the statistics on this currently. However, if going to a drug dealer wasn't involved this effect will probably be much less prominent and if there weren't a taboo on discussing issues with it help might just be a bit easier to come by.

Overall, in my opinion, there is enough merit to legalize it, however with some limitations. (Driving, public usage especially when smoking, usage by children and so on.

TLDR, quit parotting random things that happen to allign with your views.

Offline Vermilion

• Forum Veteran
I sense bullshit on this story. Even if the guy was caught with a truckload of the stuff it'd be very unlikely he'd get a life sentence. Where is the rest of the story?

As for all the marihuana discussing, try some realism for a change. Turning everything into all good or all bad discussions is pointless.

The argument that it's not a drug because it's a plant holds no merit. It counts as a drug due to it's effects, most drugs and medicines alike come from plants.

Saying it's completely harmless is also bullshit. Nothing is completely harmless.
Smoking is bad for your lungs, regardless what it is you're smoking.
Long term effects of marihuana on mental development (especially amongst teens using it) and how it affects a persons state of mind are largely unknown. (Since doing studies on this is nearly impossible and/or illegal.)

Unlike alcohol and various other substances however it's almost impossible to overdose on marihuana and it's known harmful effects are much less severe than many other accepted substances. A good example being that it's easy to die of alcohol poisoning, but ingesting/smoking enough marihuana to die purely of that is physically impossible. The smoke and/or overeating would take you out faster.

It also has several documented positive effects. Pain and anxiety relief are good examples.
However, praising it as some miracle cure is also ridiculous, as is acting as if it's some horrible poison. It may help some, it may hurt others.

Some of the social arguments also hold merit, it being a gateway drug to more harmful stuff is a common one. It's pretty hard to deny the statistics on this currently. However, if going to a drug dealer wasn't involved this effect will probably be much less prominent and if there weren't a taboo on discussing issues with it help might just be a bit easier to come by.

Overall, in my opinion, there is enough merit to legalize it, however with some limitations. (Driving, public usage especially when smoking, usage by children and so on.

TLDR, quit parotting random things that happen to allign with your views.
Okay, a good argument, but here comes the real question. Have you ever tried it in order to talk about it's  effects and everything?

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Okay, a good argument, but here comes the real question. Have you ever tried it in order to talk about it's  effects and everything?

I have not.

Trying is not a prerequisite to make meaningful comments on anything. I've never hugged a cactus, if I say that's a bad idea it's no less true.

In any case, one person trying it won't prove or disprove anything. It's pretty much a fact that smoking or eating it once is harmless. (Assuming you don't choke on it or have some alergic reaction etc.) Doesn't mean smoking it daily for 20 years won't cause any harm. (Actually, smoking anything daily for years pretty definitely will cause harm, but that's besides the point.)