Epic Perfect World

Make Marriages More Expensive

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
I believe this to be an unnecessary change. Marriage is for couples and such, yes. But it is also for fun, for jokes, for friends, even just for belts and blessings. You keep comparing to PWI when we are so far from official now that it isn't worth comparing to. Marriage wasn't special on official, it was completely unobtainable for anyone who didn't no life the game or put their life savings into and the point of private servers is to be the opposite of this. 1k-2.5k is outrageous. I was married to my boyfriend on all of my characters whether they were fully leveled or not, which was important to me, and I wouldn't have liked to choose between marriage or gear, lol.
As people have said, some people like to remarry mains when they change characters and such, I did a lot. Punishing people for that isn't really fair. Increasing the price isn't needed.

The red chat for marriage is nowhere near often enough to cause problems. If people are spamming in the space of seconds on the same chars, they can be banned for spamming, simple. It's happened in the past as it is silly. But other than that, it's not an issue. As for people looking for wives/husbands, just turn off WC, blacklist them or simply ignore them.

As for marriage quest, I'm not against the idea of adding a few more items to be bought with hearts. No to the helm, nothing gear related. But cosmetics, such as fash, flyers, mounts, pets and stuff, that would be untradeable, then maybe. Or other things, possibly elixirs or pages or something, like the level scrolls. Up to Agatio, but I would like to see MQ regularly done.

+1

Give her a cookie !

#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
Give her a cookie !

I'll be waiting for it

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Foxglove

• Forum Veteran
  • Tyrant God
  • Faction: Tyrants
As for marriage quest, I'm not against the idea of adding a few more items to be bought with hearts. No to the helm, nothing gear related. But cosmetics, such as fash, flyers, mounts, pets and stuff, that would be untradeable, then maybe. Or other things, possibly elixirs or pages or something, like the level scrolls. Up to Agatio, but I would like to see MQ regularly done.

+1111111 I beg for new fashion. No new clothing fashion or weapon fashion in several months (quit for 3 and no changes at all when I came back.)
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2014, 12:29 am by Yoonah

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
1k ec, fu.
No one will be married then.

agreed. Also i don't really know why you guys really care about this marriage thing... since ppl only do it bc of the blessing with +6 att, def lvls.
Last Edit: Mar 04, 2014, 05:21 am by Anami

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran
+++++++++ Make it 1k EC if they want to be married let em work for it together.

this is actually a good suggestion

Offline Flavor

• Tenshi
  • <3Jan
  • Characters: PearlieKyun
+ since lot's of people pming me to marry them.

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
this is actually a good suggestion
Agreed and would reduce amount of divorces :)
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Angelring13

Okay, so the basic consensus from this post that I’ve gathered is this:

1.   Making the cost of marriage so high makes it so it is no longer casual and “fun.”
2.   This is a game and therefore cannot be considered serious in the least.
3.   Any gear that is newly added to this game is going to vastly change the balance of this game and therefore be unfair to all, even if the accessibility is there to everyone.
4.   Older players have an advantage on newer players because they’ve been around longer.
5.   Anything remotely resembling PWI is automatically bad and worthless because it is a fail game and this game is not the same.
6.   I switch mains super often and feel this is punishing me for it.

My Answers to these Premises:

1.   While I can see this, I personally feel that 1k EC is not much at all in this game, especially considering the occasional influxes of EC due to double drops and the like. It also undermines the long term ability of a game to hold the interest of its players if there is a lack of things to work towards. It doesn’t automatically make the game unfun, nor does it necessarily stop people from being able to do it, in fact it really doesn’t stop people that much at all. If you’re determined, you’ll get it, I can get it from doing 2 Tideborn chains on alts, heaven forbid I put in effort to achieve something and find that effort rewarding. Some people find that achievement worthwhile, I certainly do. It’s still plenty casual, there’s nothing stopping people from being causal about it at that price.

2.   While this is a game, MMO’s are filled with REAL people, who have REAL emotions and CAN actually be hurt terribly. People have committed suicide because of games and the people on them ridiculing them before, so no, any game that interacts with real players is NOT JUST a game. It is meant to be fun, but they also can and will be taken seriously. People have been blackmailed on games, bullied, ridiculed, ostracized, slandered, etc. These forms of bullying actually can be pursued by authorities although the law is still in its infancy when it comes to crimes via the internet, but the point is, when one can be sued over conduct on the internet and its effect on another person, then yes it is SERIOUS.

3.   Adding gear to this game is not going to horribly break it, and if you think this server is balanced, it’s really not. I lasted better on normal PWI against the rank 9 3rd cast’s (with nirvana gear myself) than on this server against a rank 8 sin with rank 8 gear myself. So really, I highly doubt this server’s balance is as good as some would like to believe.

4.   This argument is entirely pointless, the rich will always have more money than the poor, you have to work to get to a point where you make more money and raise yourself up through work and achievement… without that, if everyone was on the same level and everyone had the same amount of everything, regardless of how much someone works, then there is no incentive to work. If you want as much as older players have, while you may never have quite as much, over time you will have more than others if you work for it.

5.   This game is entirely based upon PWI, without the original content, this server would not exist, and in a LOT of ways PWI is very fail NOW, but it wasn’t always and there have been a few strokes of good things from it along the spiral of its downfall. Treasure map quests for example, were quite brilliantly fun and I am quite glad to enjoy them on this server, but they have not been changed much at all other than the rewards you trade for in the NPC. And if something works well in the original game, then there is no reason it can’t work well here. The marriage system I always felt worked well in the original game because it had a level of rarity that made it special and there is no reason why this can’t be the case on this server other than point blank people have been spoiled on the current low price. Changing the price doesn’t make it the same as PWI, 1k EC I’d still argue is not the same as an entire week spent farming Nirvana and TT on a double drops in order to afford packs to marry someone you care about on the original game, let alone weeks farming to obtain 70+ mil in order to get the permanent wedding fashion from the chapel event. It showed dedication and quite a lot of care to work towards that. Sure some people bought them on sales, I certainly did, but the bottom line is, 1k EC is still more than affordable for anyone who spends any amount of time farming on this game. I mean for heaven’s sake, top fly mounts are 750 EC in the event forge and cheaper with gold, even one piece of 140 armor is more expensive than the price of BOTH packs to marry.

6.   Look, I have a multitude of alts, and I understand that it would be more costly to switch between being married to your boyfriend/girlfriend on one and then switching to the other, BUT, if you have all these alts that you regularly work with, then chances are you’re making a LOT of EC as it is. I know I do if I put any small amount of effort into it. I can half AFK the Tideborn chain while I play Minecraft and make 520 EC in a few hours. So while I understand that’d be painful, it’s also not as bad as people seem to be making it out to be and my sympathies are left at that because of it.

Side Note:
   ~You all are FAR too afraid of changes to gear and focus far too much on that aspect than the basic idea itself of raising the marriage pack prices and offering some different rewards to work towards, which was the original idea of this thread. If you didn’t like the 1k EC price, maybe suggest 500 EC or something else?  If you don’t like my ideas for rewards, simply say so without negativity and offer constructive criticism of things you’d like to see offered by it instead. I don’t think Marriage Quest should be dead, it’s a valid quest, one I actually quite enjoy and people should have decent rewards/incentives for doing it.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I think it's a plain bad idea.

There is no harm at all in people marrying alts or not taking a ingame marriage seriously. If that's how they want to play, let them, it doesn't affect you in any way.

I can however see plenty of issues with a piece of gear that requires a lot of work & adds an even bigger gap between new players and old ones.

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
Okay, so the basic consensus from this post that I’ve gathered is this:

1.   Making the cost of marriage so high makes it so it is no longer casual and “fun.”
2.   This is a game and therefore cannot be considered serious in the least.
3.   Any gear that is newly added to this game is going to vastly change the balance of this game and therefore be unfair to all, even if the accessibility is there to everyone.
4.   Older players have an advantage on newer players because they’ve been around longer.
5.   Anything remotely resembling PWI is automatically bad and worthless because it is a fail game and this game is not the same.
6.   I switch mains super often and feel this is punishing me for it.

My Answers to these Premises:

1.   While I can see this, I personally feel that 1k EC is not much at all in this game, especially considering the occasional influxes of EC due to double drops and the like. It also undermines the long term ability of a game to hold the interest of its players if there is a lack of things to work towards. It doesn’t automatically make the game unfun, nor does it necessarily stop people from being able to do it, in fact it really doesn’t stop people that much at all. If you’re determined, you’ll get it, I can get it from doing 2 Tideborn chains on alts, heaven forbid I put in effort to achieve something and find that effort rewarding. Some people find that achievement worthwhile, I certainly do. It’s still plenty casual, there’s nothing stopping people from being causal about it at that price.

2.   While this is a game, MMO’s are filled with REAL people, who have REAL emotions and CAN actually be hurt terribly. People have committed suicide because of games and the people on them ridiculing them before, so no, any game that interacts with real players is NOT JUST a game. It is meant to be fun, but they also can and will be taken seriously. People have been blackmailed on games, bullied, ridiculed, ostracized, slandered, etc. These forms of bullying actually can be pursued by authorities although the law is still in its infancy when it comes to crimes via the internet, but the point is, when one can be sued over conduct on the internet and its effect on another person, then yes it is SERIOUS.

3.   Adding gear to this game is not going to horribly break it, and if you think this server is balanced, it’s really not. I lasted better on normal PWI against the rank 9 3rd cast’s (with nirvana gear myself) than on this server against a rank 8 sin with rank 8 gear myself. So really, I highly doubt this server’s balance is as good as some would like to believe.

4.   This argument is entirely pointless, the rich will always have more money than the poor, you have to work to get to a point where you make more money and raise yourself up through work and achievement… without that, if everyone was on the same level and everyone had the same amount of everything, regardless of how much someone works, then there is no incentive to work. If you want as much as older players have, while you may never have quite as much, over time you will have more than others if you work for it.

5.   This game is entirely based upon PWI, without the original content, this server would not exist, and in a LOT of ways PWI is very fail NOW, but it wasn’t always and there have been a few strokes of good things from it along the spiral of its downfall. Treasure map quests for example, were quite brilliantly fun and I am quite glad to enjoy them on this server, but they have not been changed much at all other than the rewards you trade for in the NPC. And if something works well in the original game, then there is no reason it can’t work well here. The marriage system I always felt worked well in the original game because it had a level of rarity that made it special and there is no reason why this can’t be the case on this server other than point blank people have been spoiled on the current low price. Changing the price doesn’t make it the same as PWI, 1k EC I’d still argue is not the same as an entire week spent farming Nirvana and TT on a double drops in order to afford packs to marry someone you care about on the original game, let alone weeks farming to obtain 70+ mil in order to get the permanent wedding fashion from the chapel event. It showed dedication and quite a lot of care to work towards that. Sure some people bought them on sales, I certainly did, but the bottom line is, 1k EC is still more than affordable for anyone who spends any amount of time farming on this game. I mean for heaven’s sake, top fly mounts are 750 EC in the event forge and cheaper with gold, even one piece of 140 armor is more expensive than the price of BOTH packs to marry.

6.   Look, I have a multitude of alts, and I understand that it would be more costly to switch between being married to your boyfriend/girlfriend on one and then switching to the other, BUT, if you have all these alts that you regularly work with, then chances are you’re making a LOT of EC as it is. I know I do if I put any small amount of effort into it. I can half AFK the Tideborn chain while I play Minecraft and make 520 EC in a few hours. So while I understand that’d be painful, it’s also not as bad as people seem to be making it out to be and my sympathies are left at that because of it.

Side Note:
   ~You all are FAR too afraid of changes to gear and focus far too much on that aspect than the basic idea itself of raising the marriage pack prices and offering some different rewards to work towards, which was the original idea of this thread. If you didn’t like the 1k EC price, maybe suggest 500 EC or something else?  If you don’t like my ideas for rewards, simply say so without negativity and offer constructive criticism of things you’d like to see offered by it instead. I don’t think Marriage Quest should be dead, it’s a valid quest, one I actually quite enjoy and people should have decent rewards/incentives for doing it.
Sorry but all your arguments are just...  Yes you can farm 1k ec, but people rather spend that in gear instead of in a marriage. Honestly what's the point in making it so expensive? It's just a game, let people do what they want, marry who they want, it's not your problem. These people do not bother you or affect your gameplay in any way. Again, forcing everyone to marry to farm gear is retarded,  and as much as this is a private server of pwi, it's still a private server.

Just because you think marriages are a joke here doesn't mean it needs change.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

You are missing the point. It's not that people are afraid of change or anything.
It's that your points are too extreme and completely unnecessary. They offer nothing to benefit gameplay (other than adding new items to MQ which was supported) and generally hinders people and makes a small, cosmetic part of the game harder to achieve for no reason. I feel like your problems with this are a personal issue, rather than a server issue that needs improving or fixing.

Edit: Didn't realise this was locked, shouldn't have replied but the points are still valid. I mean no disrespect.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c: