Epic Perfect World

Make Marriages More Expensive

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
1kEC? Poor Steroids...
Uh 3 days no wedding here, I retired. I'll be back in 2 - 3 weeks.

Angelring13

"So, does this mean that you support the idea of a male having to pay for his in-game wife's gear. Not just gear, whatever she wants. Won't that mean women depend on men? Do you want this old policy to be renewed? Cuz I'm against it. Men and women are equal, I don't see why the girl has to depend on the guy.  - Steriods"

I have NEVER asked for a DIME from my husbands and never will, I get them birthday presents, Christmas presents, and I help them farm when they ask for help, I expect the same courtesy back to me, nothing more. I've also paid for my end of every marriage I've ever had on a game unless it was a downright surprise from their end where they bought both packs. Otherwise, I typically meet that person half way and I feel like this is how it should be. I don't like to take advantage and I make a point to try very hard not to.

I personally don't think ANY woman should allow a guy to buy her gear, or anything else willy nilly (unless its a special occasion, like holidays). I'd never buy them gear, I'd help them farm it though. :3 Like for rank 8, I'd make a point of helping them run BHs on their main and alts or offer suggestions for ways to achieve it, I wouldn't outright give it to them though.

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
I personally don't think ANY woman should allow a guy to buy her gear, or anything else willy nilly (unless its a special occasion, like holidays). I'd never buy them gear, I'd help them farm it though. :3 Like for rank 8, I'd make a point of helping them run BHs on their main and alts or offer suggestions for ways to achieve it, I wouldn't outright give it to them though.

And here I am giving a couple thousand ecs a week to my husband for absolutely no reason at all...

Welp.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
"So, does this mean that you support the idea of a male having to pay for his in-game wife's gear. Not just gear, whatever she wants. Won't that mean women depend on men? Do you want this old policy to be renewed? Cuz I'm against it. Men and women are equal, I don't see why the girl has to depend on the guy.  - Steriods"

I have NEVER asked for a DIME from my husbands and never will, I get them birthday presents, Christmas presents, and I help them farm when they ask for help, I expect the same courtesy back to me, nothing more. I've also paid for my end of every marriage I've ever had on a game unless it was a downright surprise from their end where they bought both packs. Otherwise, I typically meet that person half way and I feel like this is how it should be. I don't like to take advantage and I make a point to try very hard not to.

Sadly, not everyone is like you. I'm fine with paying for the wedding, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is that their behaviour changes as soon as that announcement occurs. Right now, I'm not talking about just any girl from WC, I'm talking about someone that I talked to before I asked her to marry me. Well I have met girls who don't like being pampered etc, I'm married to one right now and I'm not gonna divorce either. It just makes me sad that most of the girls still make their husbands do all this for them.

Angelring13

And here I am giving a couple thousand ecs a week to my husband for absolutely no reason at all...

Welp.

And this does you well, as you're showing your affection for him, that's fine too. He's not asking for you to do this and you're offering it without expecting anything in return, which is a healthy attitude. o.o I will admit, I've given gifts of affection on occasion if its been within my means in order to make someone smile. I expect nothing in return, but a smile and a thank you is always appreciated. ^^

*bit off topic though xD *sigh* lol

Offline Nicolle

• Old Player
  • No
  • Faction: Artifex
All good as it is right now. 

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm
+++++++++ Make it 1k EC if they want to be married let em work for it together.

vlntbty

Main thing to remember: it's only a game. lol

Also, making it 1k ECs is a bit much. What other people do is none of mine, nor anyone else's, business. It's fine the way it is.  :rolleyes:

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo

Welp.
LOL ok we merri every week come we pve gods np.

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Naosu

• Boop
1) This is a PRIVATE SERVER. I stopped playing official cause it sucks. I liked that while my boyfriend and I were dating we could easily be married on here and change marriages around when one of us switched mains.

2) Making marriages more like official server is obsolete. If you want it to mean that much, go back where you have to pay $60 just for the packs, or find something to farm so you can buy gold. We don't need things like that here. It's why I stay.

3) I still don't see why anyone cares about all this. ._.

4) Steriods. Just marry one of my alts next time you divorce. ;D I don't ask for ec or help with my gear. I solo everything for myself. I spoiled the hell out of my ex when he needed things and I had enough ec/gold to get it for him.
What am I even doing?

Offline SoKa

• Top-class smartass
  • Was geht ab? :D
  • Characters: SoKa
  • Faction: ThaClicK

Like people have said, this is a game, who the fck takes anything seriously ingame?

24/7 on worldchat it looks like someone just got murdered irl  :P

Vegas

No, especially the gear part  :normal-18:

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv

cevans1290

Just in case, having 50 alts full. I will go sell packs for 1/2 of what it would cost then Cx GG SERVER.

Oh, and no. Nobody will be married, and Steroids I think is funny..but you won't be farming 1k-2.5k ec PER marriage; if you go to 150-300? From 99; thats 51 or 201..51k-125k or so. LelNope<3 Bai marriages?Cx

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
If that is your opinion, that is fine. An opinion is just that, a subjective opinion. I really would rather you just state yours without dismissing or demeaning mine in a negative way.

1k-2.5k EC a pack seems about right to me for marriage, in PWI it was something special and even in some other private servers, it was something a little more rare than it is here. Also, that's not an unreasonable amount to farm for it. Marriage is treated as a joke, and to me it shouldn't be, if that's not your opinion, fine, but do not belittle me for mine please. I treat it as something special and meaningful even if it is on a GAME, it still involves REAL people with REAL feelings. Sure some people will take it as just a game, no attachment, that's fine, that's your choice. Same with people who only marry friends, that's fine too, no one is saying its not nor denying you the ability to treat it as such. Please stop assuming and getting defensive.

As for marriage quest, it should not be a waste of time, nor treated as a joke either, I personally went the 300+ days of doing MQ in the normal game to get that teleport to your spouse skill on PWI and it was plenty worth it to me. That's 10 months of doing that quest. It WAS something special when I achieved that and I like long haul rewards for long term goals. It adds a sense of achievement which is vital to the health of MMOs in general and this game has very few long term goals since most everything can be farmed quickly, easily and then we're just expected to PK the rest of our days and be satisfied? Sorry, that's not where I find my fun, my personal fun is from achieving long term goals and accomplishing things, that's what keeps me hooked to a game, otherwise I get bored and move on quickly.

Its not just the spam of people marrying that's the problem, its the attitudes behind it and the misogyny that breaks out unpunished on WC about it that I find rather offensive.

And how is something exclusive to anything excluding others? If you don't think its worth while to go for it, then don't, there's nothing stopping you from opting out of it. I said nothing about an overpowered helm that was game breaking and would make this game unbalanced, I only said something marginally better, which could mean anything from a tiny boost in HP, to something significant, but I was trying to keep the point at something only a bit better and quite costly for only that tiny increase. If its not worth it to you, that's fine, it would be to someone like me and perhaps some others. Also, it was a suggestion among other possible rewards.

I believe this to be an unnecessary change. Marriage is for couples and such, yes. But it is also for fun, for jokes, for friends, even just for belts and blessings. You keep comparing to PWI when we are so far from official now that it isn't worth comparing to. Marriage wasn't special on official, it was completely unobtainable for anyone who didn't no life the game or put their life savings into and the point of private servers is to be the opposite of this. 1k-2.5k is outrageous. I was married to my boyfriend on all of my characters whether they were fully leveled or not, which was important to me, and I wouldn't have liked to choose between marriage or gear, lol.
As people have said, some people like to remarry mains when they change characters and such, I did a lot. Punishing people for that isn't really fair. Increasing the price isn't needed.

The red chat for marriage is nowhere near often enough to cause problems. If people are spamming in the space of seconds on the same chars, they can be banned for spamming, simple. It's happened in the past as it is silly. But other than that, it's not an issue. As for people looking for wives/husbands, just turn off WC, blacklist them or simply ignore them.

As for marriage quest, I'm not against the idea of adding a few more items to be bought with hearts. No to the helm, nothing gear related. But cosmetics, such as fash, flyers, mounts, pets and stuff, that would be untradeable, then maybe. Or other things, possibly elixirs or pages or something, like the level scrolls. Up to Agatio, but I would like to see MQ regularly done.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c: