Epic Perfect World

Make Marriages More Expensive

Angelring13

Alright, I know on normal PWI, marriages are crazy expensive, and they're taken a lot more seriously because of it, or not depending on the wealthy people who just don't care. In general though, marriage on this server is taken as a complete joke from what I've seen... So my suggestion is:

~ 1. Make it more expensive. (Probably around 1k+ EC as that is decently expensive)
~ 2. Make it so people have really nice rewards for completing a LOT of marriage quests. (Preferably exclusive rewards so that marriage is seen as a positive thing to achieve)

Right now, there's nothing really too exclusive from it and there's no incentive to stay married. I personally am getting tired of the spamming on WC of people asking for a multitude of wives to add to a list, or just simply trolling.

Some ideas for rewards:

~1. An exclusive helm that's for level 150 that's better than the Dragon Helm (Doesn't have to be tons better, BUT even a little better would be nice and an incentive for people to go for it) and that would cost at LEAST 150+ MQ hearts.
~2. Add some items like Event Tokens, Super Level Scrolls, Supply Tokens, etc.
~3. Add some new fashion/mounts/flyers that are marriage quest exclusive and require at least 30+ hearts to obtain. (You can even make a fashion design contest for the fashion if you want to)

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
The idea for making em expensive or removing the red chat was already said, and it was rejected mainly because of new players wanting to marry a friend etc. And like legit...the only reason people do MQ is for the diamond ring... I don't think there would be a need for all those rewards, especially since people can make alts and abuse them. In addition, the server is meant to be balanced so having an exclusive helm that is above dragon which requires a crap load of hearts isn't worth it.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014, 07:57 pm by Shotime

Offline Angelala

• Boop #1
  • Getting quoted by anime pic profiles kek
  • Faction: 0FkGiven forever 🧡
~3. Add some new fashion/mounts/flyers that are marriage quest exclusive and require at least 30+ hearts to obtain. (You can even make a fashion design contest for the fashion if you want to)
Yes please
BlueDragon - Atomic/Bionic
Stormā¤/Void/Nex - Imisandre/Fennekin
Golden - Kurenai
Epic - Accident/Imisandre/Yrden

Negativ

1k ec, fu.
No one will be married then.

Panda_monium

hey hey...
I can't find a wife to marry because I want the exp necklace... :tiger-12:
1k ec for marriage would make it even worse  :'(

Offline 𝓕 𝓪 𝔂 𝓮

• Yikes.
  • 𝓟𝓸𝓽 𝓹𝓻𝓲𝓷𝓬𝓮𝓼𝓼
Making it 1k ec is a little too much, ijs. Normally I don't have that much and I switch mains a lot, and I like to stay married to my boyfriend on my main, lol. Dat spouse tele.

150 MQ hearts is over 2 months of doing those quests, every day. No thanks, I barely do my BQ and BH on my main everyday.

Not everyone wants to get married, so adding a piece of gear you can only get from the Elder would be highly unfair, same with the fashion and items, unless they were tradeable.

People have already brought up ideas for marriages and how to make them less abused, and those might be added in the next patch, who knows. There's gonna be redchat spam anyways, and if there's someone constantly spamming about getting a wife, or trolling, you do have a blacklist, you know?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Alright I get this posted is targeted at me. Anyway, this was suggested before, and rejected by Agatio (Though he did increase the price of packs to 20 ec each)
Also, I don't get what the big fuss is about...? So there's people looking for wives in wc...it isn't hurting you is it? If you think it's sexist of me to divorce wives just for fun, you should try a little random marrying yourself. As far as I know there are two types of people who marry guys on wc.
1) The people that do it for fun. They know nothing is serious and just get married for the heck of it as the guy is paying for packs.
2) Gold diggers. Out of 99, at least 50 of my wives asked me "Can you give me ec for my r8?" If I ask why, they simply reply "Because we're married" And if I tell her to pay for my r8 she just replies "But you're the husband,  you should help me." Doesn't that say that males are superior? If both are equal, the male shouldn't have to be paying for her.

Was it really wrong of me to divorce someone who married me just so I would pay for her gear? If yeah, well then, I have no words.

Also, if you do make it 1k ec per wedding, the 2nd type of marriages are not going to stop. And, the guy would be complaining on forums because he ended up with such a girl/guy/w.e.

Lastly, I stopped doing this 2 days ago. I don't even try to look for a wife now. So, I really don't see your problem.

Lots of serious shit but worth reading.

Offline Rin

• Forum Veteran
So you want to make marriage more expensive only because people don't take it serious? How is it your concern what people do with their in-game marriages. Some marry for fun, let them? Nobody is abusing it and I haven't seen spam red chat or something so it doesn't bother anybody.  :normal-19:

As for the gear reward on MQ quests, are you dumb? Forcing people to spend 1k ec (accoording to your idea) to get married and then do quests with that person to get gear is just plain retarded, sorry.

Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014, 08:08 pm by Inaru

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
People have already brought up ideas for marriages and how to make them less abused, and those might be added in the next patch, who knows. There's gonna be redchat spam anyways, and if there's someone constantly spamming about getting a wife, or trolling, you do have a blacklist, you know?
Exactly.

Even Agatio didn't like the idea of wasting time on something such as marriage. It really isn't that important to the game. For the last 2 weeks, every sunday, TRafalgar has been making 10 cube necks. I don't see you QQing about that. If you say its tough to farm/buy mats for a cube neck, remember, gold is expensive too and I spent nearly 80 gold on teles looking for wives and around 2.5k ec for packs. Sure that's nowhere near 10 cube necks but the hate you get (like this) is tough to handle.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
Some ideas for rewards:

~1. An exclusive helm that's for level 150 that's better than the Dragon Helm (Doesn't have to be tons better, BUT even a little better would be nice and an incentive for people to go for it) and that would cost at LEAST 150+ MQ hearts.
~2. Add some items like Event Tokens, Super Level Scrolls, Supply Tokens, etc.
So just because some don't want to get married, they should be inferior than someone who has the exact same gear except for the helmet?
And what about the ET's, SLS and Supply tokens? Again, just because some don't want to get married they should have to work more for exp, more supply tokens and kill more World bosses?

Seems a bit unfair since it's a game changer in battle... The 3. i have no problem with though, if the flyers are +10.50

As for the making them more expensive... with this i agree. I agree because i'm sick of seeing people marrying every 5 minutes and unless it's anyone server famous no one even says grats... PWI may have screwed up in all sorts of ways but in this they did well, there i always felt the need to say "Congratulations!" or something. Here it's just like "eh another wedding, big whoop".

As for the amount i think it'd have to be more than 1000 ec. For most that's a day or two of ec farming at tellus or TT, so i think it would slow down weddings a bit but not much, so i think it'd around 5k or 9999 ec. Wedding's are supose to be something special (most of the times, AINT THAT RIGHT STEROIDS?), doesn't matter if ingame or irl.

Edit: 5k or 9999 is for the entire thing, not just one pack .____.
Also, i said before and i'll say it again, i consider wedding's, both ingame and irl, special, not some back alley hooker you got the clap from.

Edit2: 'roids made me realise that there really is more important stuff to be worked on, rather than something that isn't a game changer. I maintain my opinion, understand those who disagree and don't want any changes since there is always work to be done on something that actually has an impact.
Last Edit: Mar 03, 2014, 08:38 pm by Danidv

Offline Naosu

• Boop
The idea for making em expensive or removing the red chat was already said, and it was rejected mainly because of new players wanting to marry a friend etc. And like legit...the only reason people do MQ is for the diamond ring... I don't think there would be a need for all those rewards, especially since people can make alts and abuse them. In addition, the server is meant to be balanced so having an exclusive helm that is above dragon which requires a crap load of hearts isn't worth it.

Sho dear, you don't get the diamond ring from doing MQ. You get it from doing the wedding. MQ gives the EXP belt, CC/LC which teleports you to your spouse when they are logged on and on the main map, and level scrolls.

And Aga has already added Level Scrolls to the sweet memory exchange. And I'm pretty sure he doubled the price of the packs. Granted 20 ec isn't much, however it has been upped.
What am I even doing?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
As for the making them more expensive... with this i agree. I agree because i'm sick of seeing people marrying every 5 minutes and unless it's anyone server famous no one even says grats... PWI may have screwed up in all sorts of ways but in this they did well, there i always felt the need to say "Congratulations!" or something. Here it's just like "eh another wedding, big whoop".

As for the amount i think it'd have to be more than 1000 ec. For most that's a day or two of ec farming at tellus or TT, so i think it would slow down weddings a bit but not much, so i think it'd around 5k or 9999 ec. Wedding's are supose to be something special (most of the times, AINT THAT RIGHT STEROIDS?), doesn't matter if ingame or irl.
XD people may not say grats in wc, but i got a blue wall everytime i got married. even the wife would get pms like "grats...." "on the divorce" And again, this is a private server, things are supposed to be easy here. If 1000 ec is required for 1 wedding just because of me (well i'll feel good and evil for one) but the people that do want to marry seriously won't be able to do it (cuz who wants to spend 1k ec on a wedding, well other than me)

As for the MQ, I practically lived at the Eldest Matchmaker area last week, and I swear, I could've counted (on my fingers) the people that actually did MQ.

Offline Danidv

• Old Player
XD people may not say grats in wc, but i got a blue wall everytime i got married. even the wife would get pms like "grats...." "on the divorce" And again, this is a private server, things are supposed to be easy here. If 1000 ec is required for 1 wedding just because of me (well i'll feel good and evil for one) but the people that do want to marry seriously won't be able to do it (cuz who wants to spend 1k ec on a wedding, well other than me)

As for the MQ, I practically lived at the Eldest Matchmaker area last week, and I swear, I could've counted (on my fingers) the people that actually did MQ.
You're a different case, i'm talking in general. Not everyone is going for 666 wives ._.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
You're a different case, i'm talking in general. Not everyone is going for 666 wives ._.
As far as I know, I was the only one joking about weddings. Not sure how things have changed in the past 2 days. And I quit on that. Too lazy to work on 666, especially since people like you and the starter of this thread started complaining. Might resume someday though, keep your hate bottled up till then.

After some searching I finally found the old post

Give it a read, main posts:
Quote from: Agatio
I will either up the price or make it once a day, not sure yet.

Quote from: Crazy
Why do you people care so much bout the things attentions hogs do to get their name into red chat.  Can you seriously tell me a few wedding announcements disrupt anything you could possibly doing?  Now instead of Agatio working on things that truly matter to improving the server.  He's taking time to fix something that isn't broken
Pretty much this

I decided that nothing will be changed here - raising the price or make it daily would cause more issues than it would fix, also I don't see why everyone would have to suffer because of few attention seekers, next time I will make sure that these people will be banned.

Offline Shay

• Forum Veteran
  • Shhh... I'm hiding from negative people
It's a game, some people forget that.
To be married on a game is just that , not like it's real life..ya know?