Epic Perfect World

Dragon gear server

Offline HolaAmigos:)

• Old Player
  • ARE YOU MAD CUZ YOU ARAB ? AND VIRGIN ?
  • Characters: Arabs=Bad
  • Faction: Arabs=Bad
give the money to aga he host it ok no
if u host it lol
Last Edit: Feb 28, 2014, 12:05 pm by ☠EvilTouch☠

Offline SoKa

• Top-class smartass
  • Was geht ab? :D
  • Characters: SoKa
  • Faction: ThaClicK
Would be awesome :D dragon gears no donator and all same pover ;o :police: :police: :police:
Who needs to donate to be op on a private server...?

Ikr.

Eventhough be happy ppl donate coz it benefits all on the server? Not sure how that works with private servers.

So on the one or other way you can easily acquire op gear.

If both ways dont get you op stats its probably because of your lack of faith or luck or w/e you think makes those "op" stats you are looking for, appear.

My 2 cents of the day.

See ya tomorrow

Offline Triality#1

Who needs to donate to be op on a private server...?
(facepalm)

Dependant

also with dragon hardly anyone got 1-shot or hierroed or w/e

are you really mad ?
go play aion

(also GoF + crit = more unbalance than atk level + crit+defense levels)
So i have no idea where did you implement skill.

This ^

All these new people who panic at the thought of pk without r8r...
Back in the old days we didn't even have atk/deflvl ornaments! Also get off my lawn. *shakes fist*

you just probably think that you are too good of a caster that can play with a disability, think again of more players that are playing this game and are not as divinely good as you are characterizing yourself and your companions to be, stay mad if you want, but you won't get anyone down.
also i see no comparison between whether -chan or GoF that the dragon gives, where GoF seems to be irrelevantly much better in general sense, therefore boosting the class
Last Edit: Feb 28, 2014, 01:11 pm by Dependant

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
:c well aga says no so :s
although dragon gear endgame sounds cool (to me), it will reduce the amount of donaters, which aga need(the money) to make the server better

for the sake of the server well-being I have to say no :c
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge
Dragon is very limiting to what you can do with your class.
Not to mention.. What is there to work on when Dragon is fixed stats?
Last Edit: Feb 28, 2014, 02:18 pm by ☠EvilTouch☠
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran

Two of the best reasons for adding r8r.

I do miss some of the dragon only pvp, then again perhaps it's just the less obnoxious community back then that makes it seem nicer. Some of the comments in this thread illustrate that nicely.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team

err no ...

game was way more fun with dragon gear.... everyone had equal gears.. actually took alot of skills and what not to kill someone .. but as people have grown used to r8, it's hard to take dragon gear seriously as an end game gear.

now, its all about luck with r8 stats.. well luck would be the wrong word. More like who spends the most cash in game or even works the most till they get op stats.. (theres still a bit of luck involved) .. also with dragon hardly anyone got 1-shot or hierroed or w/e ..  fights lasted longer, people had more HP. and no atk or defence levels (except on psys), yes people had less defence compared to now, but people also had less attack damage and what not.. it was the most balanced this server ever was..

but at the same time things were getting boring, the server actually needed more gears, things for people to work for and r8s were perfect for that :) (and the 5-10 minutes of r9 few people got to witness).

anyways.. as far as the suggestion goes, i don't think it would be practical for many reasons, no.1 being this 1 server takes alot to maintain as it is, and has too many pressing matters that needs the GMs attention and what not. Also, the least of all reasons would be, it'll be bad for business lol .

I'm happy with the way things are. (although i miss the old days sometimes.. )

The reasons for 'why not?' are best stated in these replies. The novelty would wear off and we'd be stuck with two split servers. Even if R8 does suit donators more than fixed gear, it also gives everyone else something to do and something to work for. Your survivability is greatly increased by just using R8R with basic stats, so you are able to PK easily enough and over time can work towards better stats or even changing the stats to better suit your playstyle.
I think one of the reasons that makes our server so popular is the plethora of things to do, whether PVP or PVE, so boredom isn't such an issue as it is on R9 servers and such, where you farm gear and hope for constant PK to escape boredom. It's the reason I left every other server I was on.
Also the cost and effort that it would take to run a 2nd server would be nigh impossible. You'd need a larger staff team, new server etc. It's not really worth it for something that would be temporarily fun.
A nice idea but not really feasible. We do run some dragon only pvp events, as a slight compensation.

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
What? No. I spent many ecs on my r8 gears... And now i dont want them to be taken.

Offline SHINIGAMI

• Pharmaceutical/IT Guy :p
  • May you live every day of your life.
  • Characters: Labs, Labradoodle
are you really mad ?
go play aion

(also GoF + crit = more unbalance than atk level + crit+defense levels)
So i have no idea where did you implement skill.

why would i be mad ? i even added a smiley face at the end of my post  o.o i don't know how my post sounds mad. anyways, was just pointing a significant fact out. Clearly you weren't there at the time, so feel free to ask any old player from those times :)   

dragon gear has been modified a few times since r8 has been released, so thats 1 fact to consider when you are comparing it to it's current state. The set bonus on it was completely different aswell to compliment the game balance at the time.

also, where it mattered GoF wasn't available such as sins.. sin dragon dagger did not have GoF if i'm not mistaking. 

anyways, aga made damn sure back then to keep everything balanced.. no class had any sort of op advantage over another and it truly did require skill to decide the victor in any case.   

and what skorge said is another 2 good reasons why r8 was needed and was brought in  :)

anyways.. pointless debate, just sharing my opinion as one of the really old players there are some things which i have a lot to say about o.o as it reminds me alot of the good ol days lal ..

anyways..  ciao, this is me, not mad :)
#Retired #BusyWithThatDadLyf

Offline VookieCookie

• Forum Veteran

Offline HELLA EPIC

• Forum Veteran
  • MONKEYS GO OOGA BOOGA
Why people still posting in this thread? Can't you read this?  :normal-43:

No.

Offline HolaAmigos:)

• Old Player
  • ARE YOU MAD CUZ YOU ARAB ? AND VIRGIN ?
  • Characters: Arabs=Bad
  • Faction: Arabs=Bad

maybe because they don't even know how to read ?

Offline Resolve

• Flurry of Dancing Flames
  • Characters: Resolve
  • Faction: Apollumi\Nohomo
Grandmaster Swane has spoken

We're nothing like God. Not only do we have limited powers, but sometimes we're driven to become the devil himself.

Offline Skorge

• Sentinel
  • Retired is me,Retarded is you
  • Characters: Skorge

ignorance or stupidity..
may be seen checking forums at times of boredom and nothingness to do