Epic Perfect World

Why is the economy on this server so out of whack?

Offline Elric

you just had one (2x drop)

It was a joke :P

Offline Sleep

• Retired Staff Member
  • A really saucy
  • Empathy is a dying art.
  • Characters: Sleep|Snooze|Opiate|Snore
  • Faction: EPW_Team

Done.

And it's not the economy itself. It's reselling vendors with high expectations. We can fork out plenty of 2x, but that hasn't seemed to lower resell prices in the past.

You don't want to exasperate GN Sleep  :pig-11: :pig-37:

Offline xd164

event gold - 35-50ec ? really? i sell mine too cheap it appears , i buy 1 gold for 30ec

Offline Jolhans

• Old Player
you just had one (2x drop)
Hi.
Done.

And it's not the economy itself. It's reselling vendors with high expectations. We can fork out plenty of 2x, but that hasn't seemed to lower resell prices in the past.
well atleast puzzle and DS's prices have been lowered down by a bit, Im not gonna talk about WS belt.

I believe gold prices increases because people couldn't multi vote, including myself (XD)

A suggestion, well, I just let it be, I gave up cause theres no way to stop people's greediness

Offline Alcohol

• If your STRONG let your Strength do the Talking
  • Characters: Alcohol
  • Faction: Xpendable
dont compare.. champ scroll with EC.. u want champ scroll come misfo ill give u some :D and its not sold for 300ec its only 80ec.. -.- ur too OP..

Offline Lena

• Forum Veteran
  • Characters: Wish
I think its a stupidity sell golds for 30/35 ecs each  :-[

Offline gale0

• NO MORE STUNS PLZ
  • Characters: Fealan, Xinep , Eureka_
no what i don't get is how people wer selling gold 35 ec each fine for months then now it turned into people selling 30 all the way down to 20 ec each. that crap 3 weeks ago i could get 35 ec no problem.

Offline Elric

dont compare.. champ scroll with EC.. u want champ scroll come misfo ill give u some :D and its not sold for 300ec its only 80ec.. -.- ur too OP..

In the Event Forge if you click on Champ Scroll, it says 300 EC. So there's obviously been some weird exchange rate of EC invented by someone, because I can easily get one for 200 million coins. The problem isn't the Champ scroll it's EC, I was just using the Champ Scroll because it was an easy example to do the math with.

Offline Melody⋆

• Retired Staff Member
  • ♥ Ruin was here (and so was Toots). TangleNub(ew)
  • Characters: Melody|Harmony
  • Faction: EPW_Team
In the Event Forge if you click on Champ Scroll, it says 300 EC. So there's obviously been some weird exchange rate of EC invented by someone, because I can easily get one for 200 million coins. The problem isn't the Champ scroll it's EC, I was just using the Champ Scroll because it was an easy example to do the math with.

I believe the event forge is meant to be over inflated to encourage player trading/buying/selling. The event forge just provides an alternate way to acquire items on the off chance that nobody is selling them or you desperately need them.

I agree that the economy is a little out of whack these days, but (1) comparing it to the event forge is an incorrect comparison as the prices in the event forge were not set to match the economy and (2) the reason for the price differences these days are due to:
* General greed of other players
* The introduction of new EC farming methods which thus increasing the amount of EC in circulation and also the ease of farming EC.
* Several 2x events in the past 6 months.

However, I am not an economics student =x just an observer.
Last Edit: Feb 26, 2014, 02:33 am by Tangle⋆

♥ Love and will miss you guys ♥
Resigned to start playing real life c:

Offline Elric

The event forge is meant to be over inflated to encourage player trading/buying/selling. The event forge just provides an alternate way to acquire items on the off chance that nobody is selling them or you desperately need them.

Well, see, if someone had explained that in the first place, then there wouldn't have been any confusion. And if someone did explain it earlier in the topic, then apparently I just didn't understand their way of saying it. I still don't understand the price people sell Event Gold for, though. Using the scroll as an example again, if people sell them for 200 mil, and they're worth 6 gold in the boutique, then why is Event Gold being sold for such high prices (highest I've seen is 100 mil)

Offline Frosty

Well, see, if someone had explained that in the first place, then there wouldn't have been any confusion. And if someone did explain it earlier in the topic, then apparently I just didn't understand their way of saying it. I still don't understand the price people sell Event Gold for, though. Using the scroll as an example again, if people sell them for 200 mil, and they're worth 6 gold in the boutique, then why is Event Gold being sold for such high prices (highest I've seen is 100 mil)

It's quite simple why the Event Gold is being sold so high. The people who sell Event Gold at a high price see it as they spent 1 Gold to sell 1 Gold to someone else. So since it was gold they spent they feel they can sell it at any price they feel would be a good price. I do believe that the Championship Scroll should be at least 4-5 Gold in the Boutique since you can just get the Demonic Token for 7 Gold which is only 1 gold more. I mean if i had to choose to get something for 6 Gold out of the Boutique then i would have pick either the Demonic Accessory or the Demonic Armor Token. So yeah the prices are high up but a lot of people now just do things their self. Like running in FCC or making alt to help get more EC to get the things they want. In my opinion you do have a choice to either buy it or not.

Offline Elric

It's quite simple why the Event Gold is being sold so high. The people who sell Event Gold at a high price see it as they spent 1 Gold to sell 1 Gold to someone else. So since it was gold they spent they feel they can sell it at any price they feel would be a good price. I do believe that the Championship Scroll should be at least 4-5 Gold in the Boutique since you can just get the Demonic Token for 7 Gold which is only 1 gold more. I mean if i had to choose to get something for 6 Gold out of the Boutique then i would have pick either the Demonic Accessory or the Demonic Armor Token. So yeah the prices are high up but a lot of people now just do things their self. Like running in FCC or making alt to help get more EC to get the things they want. In my opinion you do have a choice to either buy it or not.

Eh, I usually just wait every 6 hours and vote to get my gold, so in the end that isn't a big deal for me, it just doesn't make that much sense to me why the price is as high as it is, that's all.

Offline Alcohol

• If your STRONG let your Strength do the Talking
  • Characters: Alcohol
  • Faction: Xpendable

all things in here are farm-able.. even gold are farm-able "ask pinoys" why wud u buy champscroll from event forge? when u can buy them from the players who get these items from the boss hunts..

Offline Elric

all things in here are farm-able.. even gold are farm-able "ask pinoys" why wud u buy champscroll from event forge? when u can buy them from the players who get these items from the boss hunts..

The high prices in the Event Forge were explained to me, and plus I've never bought my scrolls from it anyway, always bought from players. I was confused as to why the prices in the forge were so high, but again, that was explained to me. As for all things being farmable, it's hard to farm things from world bosses when people camp them. I've never tried to kill a world boss simply because I know by the time I get to where one is, it will already be dead. And pretty much everything else I could farm, except for EC, I either don't need or it doesn't help me.

Offline 엔젤ღ

• Sacred Radiance
  • k-pop'ers and yaoi fan ❤
  • Characters: AngeliqMyst
wait what's the new method of farming ec? o.o
AngeliqMyst - Sage Mystic

yaoi<3