Epic Perfect World

EPW for OSX

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player
  • Faction: Xpendable
How to run EPW on a Macbook: warning this may not work perfectly for you.
(Firstly I would like to thank ORACLE, Steroids, and especially Harry for very important help.)

---

1) Get PlayOnMac here: http://www.playonmac.com/en/download.html
PlayOnMac is a free Wine-based program that will create virtual drives on your computer. It won't take up a lot of space. Currently this only supports Snow Leopard and Lion.

2) Once you download EPW from the Downloads, it's not going to be the most recently updated. I suggest that you update it on a Windows computer for safety reasons.

3) Open up PlayOnMac, and a little window should pop up. Click the "Install a program" located on the right, or the "+" button located on the top of the window. This will prompt another window to appear, named "PlayOnMac install menu". There will be categories at the top, and underneath that, a search bar.

4) Type into the search bar (or look under the Internet category) for Internet Explorer 8. Install it through the wizard.
I tried Internet Explorer 7, but for unknown reasons it didn't work (sorry I don't specialize in computers). It might just be me though.

5) After installation is complete, there will be a new file in the small PlayOnMac window called Internet Explorer 8. Highlight that, and at the right-hand side there will be new options. Click "Configure".

6) I am not sure if there is another, quicker way to do this but this way works for me:
A "PlayOnMac configuration" window will appear, go to "Miscellaneous". Under that, click "Run a .exe file in this virtual drive." Find your elementclient.exe in your computer, select it, and after a few seconds your client will load.

NOTE: There may be limiting factors in the future, I don't know. The best way to run EPW is still on a Windows computer, or through Bootcamp. Throw your Mac out the windows and buy a Windows PC.
Thanks for reading. Enjoy game.
[8/22/13 12:56:05 PM] Fab: come, i headhunt your pants
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.
[8/22/13 12:56:59 PM] Scott: You make me fully charge my take aim.
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Hong: You're so hot even soul of fire cant stop you
[8/22/13 12:57:46 PM] Scott: You make my domain absolute.
[8/22/13 12:58:18 PM] Bre :3: Your beauty stuns me through belief.
[8/22/13 1:00:04 PM] Scott: Keep this up and i'll release my deadly shot.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Outcasts☆
Wew, nice guide. xD

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
ehh just a quick question on this, will it be laggy? i mean i know it runs best on windows, but will you still be able to do little things like bh,bq, etc.?

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
ehh just a quick question on this, will it be laggy? i mean i know it runs best on windows, but will you still be able to do little things like bh,bq, etc.?
Uh I play EPW on Wine on Linux, I can do Ares, TW, BQ, BH and even GM kill events....you know how laggy those are. There are a few times when it randomly crashes or even hangs, but it's pretty rare. Also, uh why are you thanking me...? Take credit yourself :P

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
Uh I play EPW on Wine on Linux, I can do Ares, TW, BQ, BH and even GM kill events....you know how laggy those are. There are a few times when it randomly crashes or even hangs, but it's pretty rare. Also, uh why are you thanking me...? Take credit yourself :P

What is a linux >.> is it another wife >.>, but ty, I'm still deciding cause this mac....my sister bought me it and if she finds out im playing games on it instead of studying my ass is grass....>.>

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player

my client crashes at least 3 times a day, always during pve.
[8/22/13 12:56:38 PM] Bre :3: You're so cute I shadow walk before coming near you.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
I play via Wine on Linux too. I only crash, sometimes, when I try to triple-client. Other than that I get 20 FPS in Mass PK, w/ full graphics.

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
I play via Wine on Linux too. I only crash, sometimes, when I try to triple-client. Other than that I get 20 FPS in Mass PK, w/ full graphics.
I managed to quadruple client once, though I used 2 workspaces to do so.

Offline ShuiYu

• Old Player

wine doesn't affect your fps... fps is based on ur computers hardware.

Offline Harry

• Forum Veteran
wine doesn't affect your fps... fps is based on ur computers hardware.

It affects gameplay if you don't have the required Windows DLLs/Codecs installed in Winetricks. Using wine also affects response time from keyboards & mice, as they have to go to the emulator then the program, not just straight to the program. So we're disadvantaged.
Last Edit: Apr 20, 2014, 03:08 pm by Harry