Epic Perfect World

Night Owl vs Heliacal Phoenix

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
i still see almost every day people buying drake and owl. They are first custom pets and back then they were best and  bit pricey. If you had those pets back then when they were only then you was up-to-date. If u bought em these days because you thought they are better then you are stupid for doing stuff not informed (no offence). That's only self problem.
People still buy them because they like how they look.
New way of getting new reskined pets are good for everyone.

I will tell you why this topic is silly (not flaming or hating)

- Custom t-shirts are 5 ET why you would buy them when u can get shirt for 250k coins from npc.
 Same stuff applies to rl stuff too.
-When i bought my laptop it costed me 1.5k$ it was 4 years ago. Nowdays you can buy 5 times better laptop for 700$

Maybe it doesnt have much sense but thats how stuff works :s

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
  • Characters: Oleander
If u bought em these days because you thought they are better then you are stupid for doing stuff not informed (no offence).

why do people use sentences like "not flaming" , "not trying to insult", "no offence" when they're definitely trying to be rude :normal-2:

Signature by Lonicera
✞ If my wings should fail me, Lord. Please meet me with another pair✞
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
why do people use sentences like "not flaming" , "not trying to insult", "no offence" when they're definitely trying to be rude :normal-2:
:normal-2: this made me laugh
I tried to make "reasonable" replay but its the way i write :s Sound insulting when i didnt attended to be

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
:normal-2: this made me laugh
I tried to make "reasonable" sentence but its the way i write :s Sound insulting when i didnt attended to be

what about not trying to be nice but I really like this thread?

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
what about not trying to be nice but I really like this thread?

I am nice and u going offtopic (no offence)  :normal-30:

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
I am nice and u going offtopic (no offence)  :normal-30:

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B
i still see almost every day people buying drake and owl. They are first custom pets and back then they were best and  bit pricey. If you had those pets back then when they were only then you was up-to-date. If u bought em these days because you thought they are better then you are stupid for doing stuff not informed (no offence). That's only self problem.
People still buy them because they like how they look.
New way of getting new reskined pets are good for everyone.

- Custom t-shirts are 5 ET why you would buy them when u can get shirt for 250k coins from npc.
 Same stuff applies to rl stuff too.
-When i bought my laptop it costed me 1.5k$ it was 4 years ago. Nowdays you can buy 5 times better laptop for 700$

Maybe it doesnt have much sense but thats how stuff works :s
First of all, I already got the owl way before those giving-out-pets events. So, I think I am qualified to say that it is unfair to me; because I spent time to farm and save event tokens for the owl.  As far as how rl stuffs go, I don't see any relevance between this topic and it. But just to respond to that, laptops are getting cheaper due to fast technology advancement. But in epw, wf's pets are becoming free due to what??? Due to a huge amount of wfs without good pets? If this is the case, then please give out cube necks, ws belts, and DS in the coming events.

Custom t-shirts are considered luxury goods and they look much better than the normal costumes. So, it makes sense that they cost 5 ETs. But for the limited event pets, most people like them because they look much better. So, shouldn't them be more expensive than the owl and astral drake, considering they all have the same stats? (We know that this is not true, so it contradicts with your argument above.)

Your argument poses such a serious contradiction, but I wouldn't say you are stupid; because I know what respect is.

Offline Alcohol

• If your STRONG let your Strength do the Talking
  • Characters: Alcohol
  • Faction: Xpendable
I bought an owl and drake because i want them, and i have the spare EC to buy them.. not because i ddnt know bout their stats line.. lolx  ;D

Offline ᴰᴱᴬᴰ†

• FASHAN for LAIF
I bought an owl and drake because i want them, and i have the spare EC to buy them.. not because i ddnt know bout their stats line.. lolx  ;D

yup same here xD I have almost all those event pets but still bought drake cuz I'm dragon addicted :normal-2:

Signature by Lonicera
(  ㅅ  )      α===B

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
First of all, I already got the owl way before those giving-out-pets events. So, I think I am qualified to say that it is unfair to me; because I spent time to farm and save event tokens for the owl.  As far as how rl stuffs go, I don't see any relevance between this topic and it. But just to respond to that, laptops are getting cheaper due to fast technology advancement. But in epw, wf's pets are becoming free due to what??? Due to a huge amount of wfs without good pets? If this is the case, then please give out cube necks, ws belts, and DS in the coming events.

Custom t-shirts are considered luxury goods and they look much better than the normal costumes. So, it makes sense that they cost 5 ETs. But for the limited event pets, most people like them because they look much better. So, shouldn't them be more expensive than the owl and astral drake, considering they all have the same stats? (We know that this is not true, so it contradicts with your argument above.)

Your argument poses such a serious contradiction, but I wouldn't say you are stupid; because I know what respect is.

Again, my post is not of insulting purposes.
I have drake and owl too and i didn't complain about their stats or how unfair is. Pet's are cheaper for a reason and that's it. You had them back then when they came up and money you spend on them was worth it.  if you don't use them anymore u can sell them. Owl is still 20 ET price didn't changed, people still buying them and that's what i was pointing. Theres no reason to be unsatisfied.

If Lycaeum expansion comes then no one will use custom pets and there will be even bigger reason to be angry because evolving pets price is 550k coins.

Offline Alcohol

• If your STRONG let your Strength do the Talking
  • Characters: Alcohol
  • Faction: Xpendable
i have 2 owls and 2 drake on my veno.. 1 of each is for spare purposes ofc.. i dont like using this Seasonal Event pets its so common -.- it  confuses me sometime in mass PK.. because sometime evryone is using the common same pet.. even tho im not using veno anymore i still dont remove this pets from my veno.. lol

Offline Meese

• Mighty Moose Lord
  • Faction: Ducks
I have one of everything on my veno, and I don't feel it is unfair. Prices change and the value of things drop, even in a game (while it may be silly). I think the issue here is that Owl/Drake prices have not been dropped since the first limited edition pets came out and now the limited edition pets have become commonplace. I know of people who made at least 3-4 of each pet to keep and to sell later on. This is a surplus of pets for a # of veno's on the server which makes them less valuable and cheap to acquire (which new players like; why would they get a 20ET price pet when they can get one for a couple hundred EC). The way I see it is that Owls and Drakes are still the custom "rare" pets which people have less of.

But like Vop said, if we get the Lycaeum update along with everything else in the expansion, then our current pets will become a thing of the past.

Offline TeVo

• Haters make us famous!
I have event token pets as well as christmas pets. I don't think it's at all unfair. I see it as the christmas pets are a special thing. Limited addition as others would say. It's from a special event, ie christmas. While the owl and drake are more all time play. You can get owl and drake any time you want as long as you have the coinage for it. However, you can't get phoenix and other pets any time you want, even with the coinage. Also, it's a good thing that someone pointed out, it may be for those venos who can't afford drake and owl. You expect them to just sit around with herc and regular phoenix? You say it's unfair that owl and drake have same stats. Is it not unfair that rich players get owl and drake and nonrich players can't have them? Ijs xD Just my opinion

Offline Martylka

• see you next time
  • coming back like a boomerang
  • Characters: Martylka, Eulika
I can understand that IDuKnow could feel somehow cheated as I felt similar when I sow that Christmas event gives Colored Deer pet egg (previous 20ST mount) for the cost of 50 Stockings. I bought the same for about 900 EC from other player two weeks earlier and I felt seven heaven that I have such rare, ST mount for such reasonable price. :D But now it looks rather that some1 who knew about event's specialities sell it as fast as he could, even in cost of too low price. Better 900 EC than 50 Stockings. :D

Anniversary/Christmas events' veno pets look still different than ST pets.
Supply tokens' pets are still 'rare', not so commonly seen, and it is what You pay for now. But if You bought it before not for look but for better stats than pets from NPC can give... and as it was the only option before those events... Well :) Then comparison to ws belt  for 1WWI or cube neck for 1COF has sense for me too. :)

If someone feel so hurt in that situation the only option would be rather possibility to change back - drake to 15 ST and Owl to 20 ST. :D In time for example, 2 weeks - to not make them tradeable supply tokens exchanger but to give back their value for those who wanted those pets for their better stats and now feel cheated. Who would like to take back his tokens would be able to do this, spend them as he wants and everyone would be happy. :D
(Would be?)
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2014, 05:12 pm by Marty
I have event token pets as well as christmas pets. I don't think it's at all unfair. I see it as the christmas pets are a special thing. Limited addition as others would say. It's from a special event, ie christmas. While the owl and drake are more all time play. You can get owl and drake any time you want as long as you have the coinage for it. However, you can't get phoenix and other pets any time you want, even with the coinage. Also, it's a good thing that someone pointed out, it may be for those venos who can't afford drake and owl. You expect them to just sit around with herc and regular phoenix? You say it's unfair that owl and drake have same stats. Is it not unfair that rich players get owl and drake and nonrich players can't have them? Ijs xD Just my opinion
Event token pets can be obtained in 2 ways:
1. Using event tokens to make at the forge.
2. Using ecs to buy from other players who are selling.

If you don't have ecs to buy it from other players, then you can go for option 1 and it doesn't really cost you even a single ec. I used option 1 to get mine; because I am a poor player, so I don't have enough ecs to buy it from others. Therefore, I do not understand why you said poor players cannot have them. Some choose to take time to farm, while some choose to buy it from others. If you are poor, then you just need to work harder and be patient. If you are rich, then you can just buy it form others immediately. Isn't it how the stuffs here work? The same applies to WS belts, DS, Cube neck, and even R8. Everything is achievable here. It is like either you spend time, or spend ecs on it. So, I don't see why it was unfair to poor wfs before those free event pets came out.

After those free event pets came out, do you think it is fair to the poor wfs who spent time to farm the event token pets?
(Don't forget that not all wfs who got the event token pets are rich, some are poor, even though they got the pets very early; it just means that they have been spending more time on what they want to achieve, so they deserve it.)