Epic Perfect World

Night Owl vs Heliacal Phoenix

Night owl = 20 event tokens or > 2k ecs
Heliacal phoenix = 50 Xmas stockings during event (essentially free and obtainable within 1 day)

But, stats of night owl = stats of heliacal phoenix

Question:
1) Is it fair to people who spent 20 event tokens for night owl, while others could just farm 50 Xmas stockings to get a pet that has the exactly same stats as the owl? (Be honest)

2) Does it really make sense for a pet that costs 20 event tokens to have the same stats as a pet that costs 50 Xmas stockings? (Be honest)

(Same problems apply to Astral Drake vs the other Xmas event pets)

I know people who are using the heliacal phoenix (and don't have the owl) wouldn't like this post. But I am really curious about what the gms are thinking about this and what they were thinking the moment they decided to make the Xmas event pets as strong as the event token pets.

I think something should be done or fixed for this situation. This is so unfair to those who got the owl.

Also, keep it clean.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
I think they were only added because veno's who don't have enough ET to save up for them or EC for them, that and also I don't see many people in WC selling those pets either.

Offline HellishKitty

• GodMother Of Venomancers
  • I'm a kitty. A digi-kitty.
  • Characters: HellKitty/HellishKitty
  • Faction: Faction
ive always wondered this also..... O:-) i have all limited edition pets(even though they will always come back :'( )

i dont think its that unfair....before these pets i had a owl and drake 2 and i worked hard to save up for them lol....now i barely use them

idk if they changed them but they dont have the same stats =) btw
Last Edit: Feb 13, 2014, 11:51 pm by HellishKitty
I think they were only added because veno's who don't have enough ET to save up for them or EC for them, that and also I don't see many people in WC selling those pets either.
Well, you can always farm 20 event tokens...It takes time, but eventually you can have one if you persist.
And don't forget that there are people who took weeks to farm 20 event tokens or ecs to get the owl.
So, is the current situation fair to these people now?
ive always wondered this also..... O:-) i have all limited edition pets(even though they will always come back :'( )

i dont think its that unfair....before these pets i had a owl and drake 2 and i worked hard to save up for them lol....now i barely use them
I know. But I think it is just unfair that some people just needed to farm 50 Xmas stockings within a day, while some needed to farm 20 event tokens for weeks, and at the end, they all basically got the same thing.

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
Night owl = 20 event tokens or > 2k ecs
Heliacal phoenix = 50 Xmas stockings during event (essentially free and obtainable within 1 day)

But, stats of night owl = stats of heliacal phoenix

Question:
1) Is it fair to people who spent 20 event tokens for night owl, while others could just farm 50 Xmas stockings to get a pet that has the exactly same stats as the owl? (Be honest)

2) Does it really make sense for a pet that costs 20 event tokens to have the same stats as a pet that costs 50 Xmas stockings? (Be honest)

(Same problems apply to Astral Drake vs the other Xmas event pets)

I know people who are using the heliacal phoenix (and don't have the owl) wouldn't like this post. But I am really curious about what the gms are thinking about this and what they were thinking the moment they decided to make the Xmas event pets as strong as the event token pets.

I think something should be done or fixed for this situation. This is so unfair to those who got the owl.

Also, keep it clean.
Most people just sold their owls for 2k+ ec and got one of the limited event pets. It's not really a problem if you ask me.

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.
Most people just sold their owls for 2k+ ec and got one of the limited event pets. It's not really a problem if you ask me.
I actually feel that those limited event pets should be more intended for collection purposes. The real ultimate pet for veno should not be obtained that easily.

Offline Calamity

• Forum Veteran
  • Sic Parvis Magna
  • Characters: Calamity
  • Faction: Crow
the ultimate pets actually look nice......on the other hand....the limited ones.....you get a freakin bat......not to be mean but, it's just for appearance, same stats just different lookm

Offline Lolly

• Forum Veteran
the ultimate pets actually look nice......on the other hand....the limited ones.....you get a freakin bat......not to be mean but, it's just for appearance, same stats just different lookm
^Yup. Not to mention those "limited" ones are for the holidays really, Christmas, Halloween, etc. They aren't gonna as hard to get as the original ones. Not to mention also it's a lot faster getting those original ones nowadays too. I mean like, I have pretty much all those pets just because of the looks. So as I said in my other post, most people that farmed them just sell them for prices that sometimes profits. Not a big deal ^^

Lolly - 150 Ep | Lapras - 150 Wf | Crystal - 150 Ea
Sometimes it physically pains me to hold back my sarcastic comments.

Offline Combichrist

As Lolly said..

Also, it is the same thing as buying different looks of Bewitch for Event tokens, jeans for event tokens, skins for 30 Gold etc. -> its about look. Really, try to compare look of Phoenix / Bat and look of Owl. People will buy these things as long as they look good  8)

Re - R8 Sage Mystic
Aprella - R8 Demon Cleric

Antihero's Amazing Guide to Searching!

Offline Steroids

• God of Noobs
  • Faction: Rawr
Sell your 20 event token pets and keep the limited ones....problem solved :|

Offline Plague

• -
  • blessed be the boys time can't capture
As Lolly said..

Also, it is the same thing as buying different looks of Bewitch for Event tokens, jeans for event tokens, skins for 30 Gold etc. -> its about look. Really, try to compare look of Phoenix / Bat and look of Owl. People will buy these things as long as they look good  8)

Your point would make sense if owl actually looked better than anniversary and christmas pets. And wtf, who would even buy owls nowadays seeing as there are so many event pets that could be bought or sold at lower prices.
I think OP has a point. Imagine how you would feel if the next patch included warsong belts for 1 WWI and cube necks for 1 COF. However, there is no fixing it now and I think this was a pretty dumb move by the developers.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
I don't get why u QQ about difference of prices. That's the fact,a while ago took u 1,2k more ECs to buy one. Oh god,let's suicide.
Aga made a way for WFs to have a pet(cause not every WF had a good pet be4)Say ty and go back to pve.  :normal-40:

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
I brought this up the day of the halloween patch and nobody seemed to care, it's too late now anyway, the ones who made owl/drake has probably gotten over the ~1k ec loss by now.

Offline Elena

• Old player. Veno master.
  • Don't worry, my tattoos don't like you either.
  • Characters: Nya
I got my drake the first week it came when event tokens were tradeable so for me it was kind of free. If they change the stats now every veno w.o a drake or owl will QQ, mostly because some sold their drake or owl for the new pets which are better looking in my opinion, i like the nix more than the owl lol And to be honest now its not even that hard to get event tokens, last NW on sunday I think some people got 1200 st lol saw someone or ok not so much but winning nation can give u 600 st its 10 tokens. I literally dont even notice when i get all the tokens, i just find em there when i need.