Making/Leveling Alts
Farming Endgame PWI Gear
Challenging Yourself

Poll - What do you want in the endgame?

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
You forgot something:
Impossible mission- A guild needs to get the whole map, then the faction of GMs will attack you, protect all territories for a month.

I was thinking, and honestly I hope agatio agrees, that we have 3 monthly map resets, to keep the map from being too dominated by one faction or another.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
I was thinking, and honestly I hope agatio agrees, that we have 3 monthly map resets, to keep the map from being too dominated by one faction or another.
3 months ~13 weeks...
15 weeks sounds better, cuz 15 sounds more smooth :D
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
3 months ~13 weeks...
15 weeks sounds better, cuz 15 sounds more smooth :D

15 weeks is about 8 less lands for smaller factions than 13 weeks :)
Ex-GM

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't think map resets are neccesary here, there aren't even enough factions to take it fast enough. It's just people land-grabbing with alt facs for some easy EC save for maybe 5-8 real factions.  I'd say lets see if theres even going to be any real TW's that aren't a no-show before talking about resets.

Offline Faeryl

Endgame: My experience has seen most want to player kill, which in the end leads to unnecessary drama, greed and lack of respect.

For me I would like to see some good custom quests, and the dungeons improved to where you need a party to do them (all of them not just 1 or 2). If people would spend more time learning their character, questing, etc. we would wouldn't see as much drama nor would we hear *I am bored*.  Solution for boredom: Go pick weeds in the yard.......(Its works, I made my kids do that when they complained they were bored, hehe)

Map reset: 3months seems fair enough

When Soldiers have been baptized in the fire of a
battlefield they all have one rank in my eyes.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't see how pk leads to greed but drama definitely.  Blacklist is easy to use though :P

Some tough pve could be fun, the problem is PVE becomes too easy with BP and high damage. Maybe some of the unused instances (like most of the FB's) could give added rewards + force you to use a certain type of gear (tuned to the level of the instances) with several difficulty levels that determine rewards? (Higher difficulty -> lower refine on the stuff maybe, or tougher mobs).  That way it's not high-aps +BP or gtfo.
So for fb19 people can't wear any gear over say lvl 25. That would be old-school full squad teamwork xD

As for the resets.. Again, there aren't even enough TW factions to fill the map as it is......  Hunnia, Zulu, PHOENIX... never seen anyone from those factions, Paragon maybe 1 or 2. REBORN havn't seen anyone from there either.  In theory it's nice but IMO resetting the map every 3 months here means that there won't be TW... Just people taking land on alt factions & real factions having no-show TW's 90% of the time.  Hell, IMP & J4F are mostly dead and still got loads of land, theres nothing to attack them...

Offline Turtles

A 3 month map reset is kinda pointless as mentioned above not enough guilds showing up for TW. Why not have quest. That makes you go into white name to quest for diffrent types of world boss that respawns let's say every 6 hours and also has a rare drop rate for endgame EPW gear by that I mean the actual gear piece and to make it more of a task have the gears that are drop be randomize for diffrent class ( arcane. , light heavy) and with the world boss being outside of SZ pking is also involved. MHO this way you have a little bit of everything going on and still have a challenge also. Plus a selling market for the items.
0.o

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
true enough.. how about once every 4-6 months manually made by GMs whenever it seems necessary?
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
The idea was to reward the faction with the highest number of territories, to promote large factions to take on eachother.
Ex-GM

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
That could easily backfire though, because people would just kill the small ones for a guaranteed victory.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
That could easily backfire though, because people would just kill the small ones for a guaranteed victory.
You can take territory from small faction... But can you keep it?
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

T r i f o r c e

I had a thought maybe it would be fun to challenge GMs in pvp and tw once a month ? for many that would be a challenge * maybe mission impossible * and the Staff could blow off some steam also :)

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Eripheno It will take some work but I will show you my idea if you want?

@ Triforce too many people would complain =/
Ex-GM

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member

29 Teritories inside the red box.

12 weeks of tw. After the 12 weeks, factions recieve Badges of Bravery from the following equation.

X = Number of territories inside the red box.

X^2*50
(Number of red-box territories * the weeks to get those territories * Badges of Bravery per territory)

At the moment there is Elysium and NoHomo for factions with a chance at it. NexNation could possibly get it too in a few months, Astooog has a running chance if they could show for tw.

To ramp up the competition we add in a new multiple. Y.

Y = Number of territories MORE in the red square than the next largest faction

X^2*50*Y

So if Elysium has 12 territories and NoHomo has 12, they each recieve 7200 Badges of Bravery.

This may seem alot but its how much they would have gained if they held the territories for the same time it would take to get back to 12.

HOWEVER

If NoHomo decides to get competetive, and takes an elysium territory as thier 12th, Elysium has 11, NoHomo has 12. The BoB reward is still the same for NoHomo, but they have lowered Elysium's reward to 6050.

If Elysium takes 2 of NoHomo's Territories and it ends up 12 to Elysium and 10 to NoHomo, then Elysium would recieve 14.4k BoB.

Hopefully this will promote competition.

That is the idea, it will have to be tailored.
Ex-GM

Offline Pammy

• Old Player
Ninjas idea not bad, but this make strongest faction to take out others one out of the game.
Only few factions have a chance to win this. So you are making strong people even more stronger.