Epic Perfect World

YOUR ideas!

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
Sooo I had a lightbulb above my head.
I realize us GM's try to come up with new events for you guys and such, and try new things out. But I thought. Why not just ask all of you? You the players make the server a whole! So I want you guys to tell me any and all your ideas or crazy thoughts for events! Im not promising anything but I would love to hear what you guys wanna try or see or something we could make for you guys! I realize Asator asked what event you want and gave you some choices but this post is just literally any ideas you guys have or have ever thought of. So yes, tell me all your ideas! We can always test them out and give them a try if they sound doable! I just would like to get the players involved in more activitys to help you guys have more things to do and have more fun ^_^

<3 Coffee

SORRY SYRI I DIDNT SEE YOUR THREAD Q_Q
http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=750.0 Other thread about events D: Sorry Sryi <3
Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 01:18 am by Coffee

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
I thought there was a thread about this already. o.o

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
I over looked and didnt see one. Although im tired and junk so yeah @_@

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
I thought there was a thread about this already. o.o

There was.

I over looked and didnt see one. Although im tired and junk so yeah @_@

A new one cant hurt!

I'll just post this now, anything that is irrelevant or off topic will be removed :) This is about events, I don't want it ending up as a QQ thread about how sins are OP.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Ephimer

• Come...Oblivion awaits...
Well this is a popular event on my personal private server; you might enjoy it. Simply, it is called the GM Scavenger Hunt. Or as my members have come to call it "Ephi's Randomness". This post is sort of long to explain. If further detail is needed just ask away.

A single GM is placed out in the world at a random location and will accept a trade for a certain item (in most cases we use easy to acquire items such as level 50 below gear or celestones.) That GM and four others hide across the world, and using World Chat, they each give clues to their location and the item they want. The GM who accepts the item will try to call players to him or her and lead them on the correct path, while the other GM's will try to trick players into going to their location. Upon finding a GM they ask you a riddle, if you answer correctly they will trade with you, if not...Well...anything can happen. Usually I teleport them to the middle of the Forsaken Sea, or kill them...

The primary GM will accept the item and (if it is the correct item) reward them with another, which will be used to trade another GM. Now if you come across the wrong GM, you fight a mob that they summon, if you live, you can continue. If you die, you are disqualified.

The winner (or person who trades with the most GM's during the event.) is given a prize from the Item Mall, usually something below 10 gold or equivalent to 10 gold. Second place runner up gets up to 5 and the third place runner up gets coins.

The rules of this event are pretty simple.

No PvPing players who are fighting the summoned monster, or who are trading a GM.

No assisting in fighting the summoned monster.

No sharing the GM locations with others.

If you fail to trade the correct item you must re-read the hints and bring the real item.

Failing to trade the correct item three times will result in disqualification of that round and a loss.

Dying against the summoned monster results in disqualification of that round and a loss.

However many GM's participate are how many rounds there are. So realistically this event can take a long time or a short time. Usually it takes 45 minutes to an hour when I've ran it, mostly because my server is focused on about 32 people and there are only 3 GM's and myself. XD
If you think I am insane you should meet my other personality...

Offline Stella

• Lovin u is Red
Well My Old Sever We Had an Event Called Life and Death, Were we have a area were there is alot of hideing spots, and everyone chooses a place to hide. This Event is Similar to LMS, but You get to Hide and Fly  and Stealth and Pill And Spark and RUN, And the Best Hide. When i Play this game i Feel Like a Ninja :3, So Maybe to you it can sound stupid or amazing or fun!, but yah try that event out :P

Offline Chum

• Fail Barb
  • Characters: Chum, Swampy
Well My Old Sever We Had an Event Called Life and Death, Were we have a area were there is alot of hideing spots, and everyone chooses a place to hide. This Event is Similar to LMS, but You get to Hide and Fly  and Stealth and Pill And Spark and RUN, And the Best Hide. When i Play this game i Feel Like a Ninja :3, So Maybe to you it can sound stupid or amazing or fun!, but yah try that event out :P
The only problem I have with this is the stealth. A sin could stay in stealth, and stay far away from any AoE targets, and just live till the end and then pop out and kill the last one out.

Offline AlicE

Hey, I think it shouldn't be always only about new events. There are also some events that PWI made that have nice concepts. The other day Agatio started the Tiger Event unscheduled. It glitched and the bosses appeared while mobs were there and some silly people killed them. BUT! The idea is very nice and it doesn't have to be tigers. Perhaps with the script you can do other events of that kind? There are tasks to be done in a "Regional Quest" style and then for each class there's a list of top players. Why is it good? First of all, it gives perfect opportunity for EVERY class in the game, and it will even revive the underplayed classes like veno, mystic and cleric. When you see that there's no mystic in the event, it means that if you have one, you can take 1st place among mystics. If you will do such events more often, people will play those classes and the game will become more balanced. Also, the concept of "City of Abominations" is cool, except for the tons of items to pick up. The nice thing about it is the competition between "houses", which is a healthy competition without pk'ing each other with addition of randomness, which is cool. So if you guys make those events like every day, it will be really nice.

Also, in my opinion TT (Twilight Temple), PQ (Public Quest) and some other areas are DEAD on the server because they became obsolete with the higher level range. So I think it could be very fun to run them FOR FUN. Most people despise of them, but what if you make events out of them? For example, give people 1 hour to farm a specific weapon/armor from TT. Everyone will rush and get TT mats (it's random drops, so it adds to the fun). Whoever makes the item first and gives it to the GM - wins let's say 50 ECs or something. It's obviously easier to do it in squad mode, but then you have to share the rewards with your friends for the help. You could bump the bosses in TT to make more of a challenge for us. Alter the rewards in PQ and more people will do it. There are tons of things like that. Instead of making new stuff, just revive old concepts with fresh looks. For example, you could make some kind of a quest or something to make people come to FB19-79. Maybe make each boss drop a particular item and you can exchange different combinations of items for stuff. For example, items from FB19 + FB29 + FB39 can be exchanged for 10 ECs, while a collection of the ones from FB39 + FB59 + FB79 for 20 ECs (for example). And if you get all of them (19-79), you get a special prize. Of course you can make the dungeons harder to avoid 1-hit killing the bosses.

Events and fun for people is not only about spawning bosses, it's also about going to various places. For instance, do some events in the snow (Tellius area is nice and beautiful). Or do events in the desert, so that people will go there beside Base Quests. Make Events in the Jungle near Dreamweaver, so that people will see even more scenery. Misfortune is fun place to put a water/air event/boss. Be more creative and everyone will appreciate it  ;)
Peace,
Zeratul.

Offline XxHYFUxX

I would Love to see A Husband Wife PvP event for married couples set up a Bracket for it with prizes for wins leading up to big prize and title King and Queen of PvP just a thought

Demon 5.0aps Pro Sin 150 MuffDiver
Demon LA Cleric 150 LongDong
Demon Seeker 150 SoFaKing

Offline Bowydude

• I am good and you are not.
  • Characters: Bowydude
  • Faction: Xpendable
I call this one the "Kill sheet event" you tele everyone into an arena at a random time without warning, and they engage in a battle to the death, no one can leave untill there in only one standing
You Better Be Scared...

Offline Neith

• Retired Staff Member
  • Goddess of War
I would Love to see A Husband Wife PvP event for married couples set up a Bracket for it with prizes for wins leading up to big prize and title King and Queen of PvP just a thought

Already planning such event. Hope there won`t lot of QQ`ing about this.

I call this one the "Kill sheet event" you tele everyone into an arena at a random time without warning, and they engage in a battle to the death, no one can leave untill there in only one standing

Funny, but no :D People at that time could be in GV or any other dungeon.
We could tele people who at the moment pk`ing in West, but no point, since they already killing each other :D

P.S. I`m locking this thread, There is already one.

http://epicpw.com/index.php?topic=750.0

Let`s have it in one place. ;)
Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 06:07 pm by Neith
With great power, comes great responsibility

Got questions? Screenshots? Always can write me a letter or PM on skype:
Email: [email protected]     Skype: amarthxx
★★GUIDES ★★★ RULES ★★

Offline Coffee

• Retired Staff Member
  • is adorable. ❤
Pretty sure I edited this post and posted link to other thread >.> But yea its fine to lock lol

Edited by Neith: yes, you added link, I just added one more, just in case. :) I would like to see all suggestions in one topic.
Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 10:08 am by Neith