Yes 0.05 interval in boots!
3 (6.8%)
Yes 0.05 interval in pants!
0 (0%)
Yes 0.05 interval in shirt/top!
2 (4.5%)

Total Members Voted: 38

Voting closed: Feb 11, 2014, 01:43 pm

Fox suggestion (HATER GO AWAY normal human talk)

robo123

Actually, several of the above posts explicitly state PVE, so it's a fair question.

Not much point making arguments based on PVP when the people replying only do PVE.

from where did you realize these people are only doing / are concerned to only do PVE ?
you lack words like "most" or "probably"
That's a huge drop, anyway if we could stay on topic about venos in PVE on this server, really ?
why not make a sin if it's for pve ?

Perhaps you're reading the post in a way that fits your personal expectation, being a lot more hostile than it was intended. In any case, sticking to the topic seems like a better idea than endlessly going on about the perceived tone of a post rather than the point it makes.

Wrong...I am actually trying to solve the problem with love, yet you seem to neglect my understanding for you, and you on the other hand keep this thread in bad manner.
And i did aggree with you there is no point in going mad about a thread.
So just stay calm, no need to bring useless stuff here as i did too, and I am sorry for that...
Excuse my egoism.
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014, 06:07 am by Dependant

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
from where did you realize these people are only doing / are concerned to only do PVE ?
you lack words like "most" or "probably"
That's a huge drop, anyway if we could stay on topic about venos in PVE on this server, really ?
why not make a sin if it's for pve ?

I wonder why, because we are supposed to play here for fun and this is supposed to be a pve server.

One of the reasons for the question if PVP was a factor in the recent posts. Now kindly quit hating on a single, rather unimportant, comment please.

As for venos, I doubt anything will happen. People seem to be incapable of looking at a melee build veno as seperate from arcane. I've lost count how many posts in this topic seem to think the veno would magically have the strengths of melee and arcane builds combined.  (Being, high magic attack, fast channeling, high pdef, high mdef, high melee damage, high accuracy all at once..)

I also think people might want to realise melee venos aren't remotely similar to sins. Yet I've seen more than one comment implying that adding int to veno would be OP because of what would happen if sins got more int. 

robo123

(Being, high magic attack, fast channeling, high pdef, high mdef, high melee damage, high accuracy all at once..)
that's actually a correct statement, that's what i aggreed about, furthermore I have seen no reason in "buffing" melee build, as you already did read.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
that's actually a correct statement, that's what i aggreed about, furthermore I have seen no reason in "buffing" melee build.

Re-read my post.

Reasons for buffing melee build:

It has little ability to stun.
It has little ability to prevent being stunned.
It has very, very little defense.
I doubt adding aps will do much for it, adding some better defense options would be better imo. Not much point being melee when you're a 2shot to the first EA, seeker or magic class that you run into.

robo123

Re-read my post.

Reasons for buffing melee build:

It has little ability to stun.
It has little ability to prevent being stunned.
It has very, very little defense.
I doubt adding aps will do much for it, adding some better defense options would be better imo. Not much point being melee when you're a 2shot to the first EA, seeker or magic class that you run into.

uhm ok and what would be the point going arcane ?
you need to hybridize both or go pure magic.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Arcane veno is just fine right now, rather squishy but high damage and strong abilities.

Hybrid builds never really work on PW,  you either go damage or you go defense, anything in between will just be meh on defense and meh on damage. It's just a pitty that the entire melee range of veno skills is useless atm.

robo123

the entire melee range of veno skills is useless atm.
that's correct and because of this "melee" build is basically unreal no matter how much -int you'll get ...
even if you got to 5 aps you wouldn't be any good, i just don't get it.
only thing u'd relly on would be phy def debuff procs while being purged and killed (and extremely long casted stuns also)...
and also good note to add to this build it would only be viable for demon veno.
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014, 06:33 am by Dependant

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
that's correct and because of this "melee" build is basically unreal no matter how much -int you'll get ...
even if you got to 5 aps you wouldn't be any good, i just don't get it.
only thing u'd relly on would be phy def debuff procs while being purged and killed...
and also good note to add to this it would only be viable for demon veno.

I agree with you on that, more APS is not the solution to making this viable.
Purely melee  (str/dex statted) venos already hit quite hard. The issue is that they can't stun, prevent stuns, or survive anything. Giving them a boost in mdef would do far more to make it viable than any amount of aps.  (Bringing back those phys rings that give mdef would be a nice idea, class lock to veno & give them a high str req so only melee build can use them.)

robo123

Or add mdef on dragon pataka, i don't see how that would break the game

robo123

(you can also cap dex at 154 and use 2 parts of la and benefit from 2 parts of r8 though)

or have magic build and aps with wand :)

the whole thing is just that pataka has too high str requirment and HA also.
Last Edit: Feb 12, 2014, 06:57 am by Dependant

Offline Pain

• Forum Veteran
Do any of you do any PVP at all?

BM is one of the most usefull classes in mass pk. They are a support class, not a kill everything alone class. That doesn't mean they aren't strong, a single good BM can change the outcome of mass pk.

Barb no damage? What? Barb in str build can easily hit over 10-15k on a fully geared arcane. No, you don't get sin-like damage AND vitbarb survivability. But you do get to pick one or the other. Barbs really don't need a boost, they are not a weak class.

As for melee veno, EA is still a counter to a melee veno so I doubt itll do anything about the EA legions that PK has become. Even if anything is done to make it possible.

Funny coming from you, whom I haven't seen outside sz in half a year. 10-15k? With what, ancestral rage? Meanwhile Ea's hit the same amount with normal attacks at much greater speed. I'm fully aware of support wrs being important in mass pk, doesn't change the fact that if you actually wanted to kill something you'd have to change to dragon gear and become a twoshot to anyone. There's fricking 7 melee classes (Not counting sins) on the whole top 100 kill ranking, if that doesn't show that they're at a severe disadvantage I don't know what could.

Offline Deea

• My name is Deea
  • not Dea QQ
Even if I played HA veno a while and I wanna get back on playing it I vote no.Just no.

Offline Nea

• Game Master
  • https://imgur.com/a/vsZDCYv
Funny coming from you, whom I haven't seen outside sz in half a year. 10-15k? With what, ancestral rage? Meanwhile Ea's hit the same amount with normal attacks at much greater speed. I'm fully aware of support wrs being important in mass pk, doesn't change the fact that if you actually wanted to kill something you'd have to change to dragon gear and become a twoshot to anyone. There's fricking 7 melee classes (Not counting sins) on the whole top 100 kill ranking, if that doesn't show that they're at a severe disadvantage I don't know what could.
The day when u'll see a WR on 1st page of top 100# amount of kills per all classes,imma say that WR can get real kills in mass pk(without geting lucky last hit from AOE)

Offline reikokitty

Put in a heavy fox set like the pataka with a recast with interval to 1.43 or 1.54 or maybe just for r8 recast like .01% chance for double interval and give demon foxies aps love to see those bushy tails wagging <^..^> Never know what we will end up with here.

sorround

Yes it does change the fact, you said it yourself. It's a support class, it's not meant to switch to dragon and kill anything in large pks because they get focused on a lot (not really because they are ALL that squishy in dragon either).

Also, with your current set of gears which I'm very aware off, it's not really that fair to talk about damage received when 60% of the people on this server are way below you in terms of gear. Yes, zerk crits from a str barb can easily hit 10-15k  on an AA class, fully buffed at least average geared ones.

On topic: This is a pointless suggestion yet, wouldn't hurt anybody. Adding arguements such as "People would qq because venos would get one more good stat and other classes would get none" is rather stupid. Sit back, put your brain to work and think about it:

Arcane venos would get nothing from int, which means that either getting +endurance or hp recovery or whatever you want to take out or -int would mean the same outcome for them. The same case for HA ones getting ct...On both cases the "useless stat" would still be there. Unless it's some kind of idiot that just because they got -int, suddenly decides to switch to HA.

Happy valentines day ahahahha
Last Edit: Feb 14, 2014, 12:49 am by lol.