Epic Perfect World

Client Freezes at Character Selection Screen

Offline rishawyn

It first started when I attempted opening a second client. As the title describes, the client permanently freezes after pressing the start button at character selection screen. I could only properly log in and play the first time after installing the game. Tried starting from both patcher and elementclient.exe, no use.
Any idea on how to fix this?

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
Does game start now at all or only when u use 2nd client? I'm asking because on my desktop i cant multi client for some reason, its comp problem not game. Maybe is same thing with u too...
But if game doesn't start  look at this topic and try solutions

http://epicpw.com/support/known-issues-and-fixes/

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
Does game start now at all or only when u use 2nd client? I'm asking because on my desktop i cant multi client for some reason, its comp problem not game. Maybe is same thing with u too...

if memory is too low a client will shut itself down to risk damage to the computer...
Try googling "minimem" it will save ur life!
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline rishawyn

The game starts, but freezes, doesn't crash after selecting a character to log in with. It's both multi and single client. I have to manually close and restart it to try again.

Tried minimem, didn't yield any results. I don't think it's a hardware problem to be honest, because my PC can run the official server just fine.

Also, reinstalling didn't help. =(

Offline ☢Thug Life☢

• Whoop Whoop
  • If the ride is more fly, then you must buy.
  • Characters: Manic
  • Faction: ♏ONSTER
ussually client freezing/crashing is a memory leak issue or a deleted file issue could be you are getting corrupted files while downloading. i d/led the normal method on my vista and got crash on open then i d/led via torrent and had no problem but had mem leak that caused extreme black screen i fixed it by making minimen dump the clients memory every 5 seconds. also make sure it run as admin or even try compatibility mode if u can if not post in help desk they can get you further i'm sure
Quote from: Agatio on 8/21/2013 at 03:59:55 pm
I spam dartle on demon spark, bitch please

Offline rishawyn

Thanks, I'll try redownloading eventually and seeing if it works.

Offline ☠EvilTouch☠

• Retired Staff Member
  • Suns Wars Addict
  • DreamyTouch | we miss you papi♡
  • Characters: EvilTouch
  • Faction: Flower_Team
it freezes when you choose the character to login or when it opens the character selection screen ?