Epic Perfect World

I has a question !.

Offline Pookie

• Characters: ImmaKiLLYou
  • Faction: Factionless
Heloooooooooooooooooo :3.
I has a questiooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnn :3.
Why does dxdiag shows different video memory than the Catalyst Controll Center (CCC).
I have an ATI HD 3450 , but dxdiag shows 508 MB Video Memory and CCC shows 256 MB ...
I'm curious what's the true video memory ? 508 or 256 ... ?
See screenshot

Offline Δ

• I was here for a moment
  • And then I was gone| i died to ares + im noob
  • Characters: Alexypk
  • Faction: Epw_Team
I'm pretty sure ur card has 256 mb vram, but u can download for example GPU Z to confirm it

Offline Pookie

Well CPU-z is showing me 256 MB ... maybe only shows me 256 mb because it can go up to 508 cuz of the Hyper Memory setting O: .. So , it doesn't include the 252 MB gained cuz of Hyper Memory..... or idk :|

Offline Bill Dipperly

• God of TW
  • Faction: storm

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants

Offline Orichalcos

Wrong site to post it, do not let ANYONE screw with ur g cards.. ask on sites that ppl know better about such things, no offense but its true tho..

Offline Broobndoobn

• Old Player
Wrong site to post it, do not let ANYONE screw with ur g cards.. ask on sites that ppl know better about such things, no offense but its true tho..

Though there is the possibility that people here do know about them.

Offline Orichalcos

Though there is the possibility that people here do know about them.
What if a damage happen to the card o.O who gonna pay for it.. its better to ask someone who really experienced with it, thats my opinion.. but its up to u brother bestluck i hope for u <3
sry for my terrible english tho

Offline Milan

• Forum Veteran
  • Faction: Tyrants
What if a damage happen to the card o.O who gonna pay for it.. its better to ask someone who really experienced with it, thats my opinion.. but its up to u brother bestluck i hope for u <3
sry for my terrible english tho
LOL damage?
He asked if his card has 508 or 256 ram i dont know how answer to that question can dmg anything..
EDIT: My 256 too and CCC shows 1024... :s
Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014, 01:10 am by ƔὌṖ

Offline Orichalcos

LOL damage?
He asked if his card has 508 or 256 ram i dont know how answer to that question can dmg anything..
EDIT: My 256 too and CCC shows 1024... :s
i really dunno anything about g cards.. i just dont want anything bad happen ^^ <3

Vegas

256 dedicated video memory,  rest is shared.

Offline Pookie

Mhhm so if the rest is shared , from where does that shared memory come form ? cuz I have 4096 MB ram , and nothing shared to my ATI HD 3450 ? O:
And how does that improves performance ?  if PWI too detects 256 MB Video memory , what's the shared memory for o.o ?.
Last Edit: Jan 15, 2014, 02:11 pm by deadlym3