Epic Perfect World

Comprehensive class guide for balance

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
So.. umm. This was unstickied. Should I just make another thread about balance at the moment?

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
So.. umm. This was unstickied. Should I just make another thread about balance at the moment?
I don't think it matters, post it anywhere you want :P

Offline Elly

• Agony awaits
I don't think it matters, post it anywhere you want :P

Fine, here's some of my thoughts.

Blademaster - Balanced, compared to other classes. New skills to bring opponent/teleport pretty much balanced them.

Wizard - OP. Fire combo pretty much one shot for any class. Arcane defence, leap, Purify effect on R8 weapon, really hard to stunlock and kill in duration 'cause of increased pdef and those mentioned.

Archer - It's fine. Morai skills really rock, bless box doesn't do much but still good. They used to be UP, now they aren't.

Cleric - Two completely different stories on two builds. Heavy cleric as a support class is OP, Arcane cleric as both support and damage dealer is UP. Which is not good 'cause cleric was meant to be Arcane class. HA cleric with defense level/purify on R8 weapon, buffs, badge of courage with decent dex genie is pretty much unkillable by single player or even two. Heals are pretty decent, channel is good too. On the other side, AA cleric sucks. They may be good in pvp if demon (-30% res + 100% matk) but is still far behind any other class. Two "stun" skills they have are pretty useless, one you can't rely on 'cause of random duration, other is pretty nice, it can't be purified, fixed duration, cooldown is only 30 sec, however it's not a real stun (only good to keep opponent away from you). Freeze skill sucks even more cause only class its effective against is barb, any other class can attack/teleport to you even when freezed. Other than that, defense is pretty low - sin can drop cleric in 1 second, channel is good but cooldown + cast time can't heal for the damage dealt in most of the cases.. I'm not saying add something to clerics.. just make them better if arcane. They were not meant to be heavy, although 80-90% of the population is heavy.

Venomancer - Somewhere between Balanced and a little OP. New morai skills are awesome, that's what gives them a little advantage. With Soul link, you can go through target's full health in 2 hits, after charm ticked, even through AD. Bramble skill is good against sins and archers, but sucks against others. Bewitch can't be blocked by Tidal/Will Surge/Faith and is a nice addition since with Bewitch + Stunning blow you can stun target for another 6 seconds for 1.5 spark or 0.5 sparks if sage. So yeah, compared to other classes, they could remain like this.

Barbarian - Everyone knows they're OP, removing rings only helped sins and archers, arcanes can still be zerk critted 8k's and not missed almost any time. Morai skills made it even worse..

Psychic - They used to be OP, restricting soulspheres and morai skills balanced that a little, but bringing in r8 recast makes them even harder to kill/better killing machines.

Assassin - Removing AC stones didn't help at all, most of the sins still have them. We were thinking morai would balance them but it didn't, they still need a bit of nerfing.

Seeker - Balanced. Can be kited pretty easily, but can stunlock if pro.

Mystic - OP. Can heal themselves faster than cleric, can purify, can deal both magic and physical damage. Cleric can do that too, right? Right, but Mystic can stun pretty easily as well and use pets too. They need a bit of nerfing.

My words on this, I am in hurry a bit but would've said a few more things.

Elly - 150 Sage venomancer
Decipher - 150 Demon mystic

[22:32:11] Chad: the name rev
[22:32:13] Chad: is foul language

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
Wizard - OP. Fire combo pretty much one shot for any class. Arcane defence, leap, Purify effect on R8 weapon, really hard to stunlock and kill in duration 'cause of increased pdef and those mentioned.

wizz absolute not op, just genie skill op, since genie skill can do more than 125% fire defence reduction, thats why the most of wiz going for demon because they can burst dmg with genie skill anyway.

150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
Fine, here's some of my thoughts.

Blademaster - Balanced, compared to other classes. New skills to bring opponent/teleport pretty much balanced them.

Archer - It's fine. Morai skills really rock, bless box doesn't do much but still good. They used to be UP, now they aren't.

Cleric - Two completely different stories on two builds. Heavy cleric as a support class is OP, Arcane cleric as both support and damage dealer is UP. Which is not good 'cause cleric was meant to be Arcane class. HA cleric with defense level/purify on R8 weapon, buffs, badge of courage with decent dex genie is pretty much unkillable by single player or even two. Heals are pretty decent, channel is good too. On the other side, AA cleric sucks. They may be good in pvp if demon (-30% res + 100% matk) but is still far behind any other class. Two "stun" skills they have are pretty useless, one you can't rely on 'cause of random duration, other is pretty nice, it can't be purified, fixed duration, cooldown is only 30 sec, however it's not a real stun (only good to keep opponent away from you). Freeze skill sucks even more cause only class its effective against is barb, any other class can attack/teleport to you even when freezed. Other than that, defense is pretty low - sin can drop cleric in 1 second, channel is good but cooldown + cast time can't heal for the damage dealt in most of the cases.. I'm not saying add something to clerics.. just make them better if arcane. They were not meant to be heavy, although 80-90% of the population is heavy.

Venomancer - Somewhere between Balanced and a little OP. New morai skills are awesome, that's what gives them a little advantage. With Soul link, you can go through target's full health in 2 hits, after charm ticked, even through AD. Bramble skill is good against sins and archers, but sucks against others. Bewitch can't be blocked by Tidal/Will Surge/Faith and is a nice addition since with Bewitch + Stunning blow you can stun target for another 6 seconds for 1.5 spark or 0.5 sparks if sage. So yeah, compared to other classes, they could remain like this.

Barbarian - Everyone knows they're OP, removing rings only helped sins and archers, arcanes can still be zerk critted 8k's and not missed almost any time. Morai skills made it even worse..

Psychic - They used to be OP, restricting soulspheres and morai skills balanced that a little, but bringing in r8 recast makes them even harder to kill/better killing machines.

Assassin - Removing AC stones didn't help at all, most of the sins still have them. We were thinking morai would balance them but it didn't, they still need a bit of nerfing.

Seeker - Balanced. Can be kited pretty easily, but can stunlock if pro.

Mystic - OP. Can heal themselves faster than cleric, can purify, can deal both magic and physical damage. Cleric can do that too, right? Right, but Mystic can stun pretty easily as well and use pets too. They need a bit of nerfing.

My words on this, I am in hurry a bit but would've said a few more things.

Archer: lower awaken cd to like 5min<.< (and thats really high anyway, comparing to inner harmony for sin its outrageous)
Assasin: nerf tidal to lvl 10 or lower(had some other ideas, but its alrdy nerfed so dont wanna do to much about it rightaway)
Barb: nerf dmg or tankiness... still doing higher dmg then bms and same 'tankiness', i suggest lower their by some or something like that
Cleric: make a cleric only aa armor with raised pdef/lower mdef.. (something closer to 50% of la pdef and 150-175% la mdef)
Mystic: make the cd on heal atleast 2-3 secs so it cant be spammed like... it beats a cleric in usefulness with its single target heal+purify<.<(i mean in single target healing+ its almost instant)
Wiz+veno, will get back to them since im not familiar with new morai...
Psy: i would kinda nerf the def lvls they can get from r8 wep and remove purify... atm with new r8 spheres they are more op then before
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3