Epic Perfect World

Comprehensive class guide for balance

Offline hotflamie

• Limit the hating.
no bms do not have anything better than a seeker..... seekers can pretty much counter anyone with quid pro quo.... i think everyone in this game uses debuff before killing someone, all a seeker has to do is quid pro quo when they start hitting him with the debuffs and he should win. i don't understand how you can say a BM has it better than a seeker

does everything have to be in 1v1 scenario, in that case remove cleric. I find the bms worse then seeker in 1v1, but bms are better in group pk(although i dont know much about seeker, of what I've seen they lack the cc that bms have). The reason sin and psys are so op is cuz there is much more 1v1 then there is group pk at this server, leading to more of those and less of others, meaning more 1v1 and more complaints from the others.
SkyAngelz-Demon Archer
(self-proclaimed semi pro ea+pro kiter, your QQ is my proof xD)
Sinz-Demon Sin
Forget about me. Soon you wish you had.
Live now, tomorrow is just another today
Skyz - currently being lvled - Demon BM

Credit to jujubeez for the awesome sig:3

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
  • 私は天使です - Watashi wa tenshi desu~!
+1 to stud but the main thing that im complaining about is that everyone says that bm's are a good balance point. sure they're fairly balanced in what they do except every other class has a strong and weak point. they use the strong point to wipe out a bm before they can pull out the balanced play. the bm normally doesnt have enough time to exploit the weak point. for example, even though it isnt too good an example, a bm in full 145 simply auto attacking cannot kill a cleric in full dragon spamming stream of rejuvenation and as a 149 bm, i've tried everything to kill khaled while he was afk and only came up to around 20% before he ticked again. i demon sparked, hf'd, used genie and none of it was enough for me to kill a stupid afk barb in west.

Offline synsong

• Nachos....
Personally I think everything is pretty well balanced. There are only a few things I would change.

1. Veno's pets need to do more damage and be more survivable. Elly brought it up once and I will bring it up again. Mystic pets can out DD a veno's pet, which is just ridiculous. Part of being a veno is depending on your pet for support, but even a level 150 buffed Herc can get 1-2 shot quiet often. So maybe up their max HP or Pdef/Mdef so they can actually be of help. Also give them a bit more damage because 200-300 doesn't cut it against a Mystics 700-900 or more.

2. I think if bows are such a problem class lock them. Make it so flying mobs in instances are lower to the ground so the melee classes can kill them, or change their reset range. Or maybe make a special bow for the other classes that isn't as "OP" as the Archer's bow.

3. Class lock Occult Ice. Yes, Sins have a lot of stun skills. Yes, BMs can stun lock. Class locking Occult Ice might give the other classes a chance to, dare I say, break the stun. Though I kinda think people should be smart and just put the anti stun skills on their genies.

4. Sacred Stones are an issues ONLY because casters (save for some venos) can't really use them. Maybe give casters their own version of the stones to even that little issue out.

5. Pys and Sins will always be an issue because PWI made them too op. Psys are epic in PVP while Sins are the best farming toon you can have. If you try and nerf them anymore, people are really going to be upset. I think maybe the best thing to do about Psys is maybe lower the soulforce they can get, seeing as how their skills revolve around that. Not by too much seeing as how you can't refine the weapon at all, but maybe take a little off the top. I don't think nerfing them too much more is really necessary.

6. People are asking for it so I say give archers more def. I don't play an archer, but I have messed around on them and they do seem super squishy for some reason. Maybe fix that and people will be happy.

7. Leave Barbs and their GoF/Sac Strike alone. It may give them a ton of damage, but every class has a way of beating it if you look into it and it make them vulnerable.

Other then that I don't think their is a problem. My main issue is really just the Veno's pets. It will also always and forever be that the original bramble doesn't work in PK, but I know that can't be fixed ever. So I'll continue to QQ about that. Hope this was helpful.
does everything have to be in 1v1 scenario, in that case remove cleric. I find the bms worse then seeker in 1v1, but bms are better in group pk(although i dont know much about seeker, of what I've seen they lack the cc that bms have). The reason sin and psys are so op is cuz there is much more 1v1 then there is group pk at this server, leading to more of those and less of others, meaning more 1v1 and more complaints from the others.

what seekers lack in CC they easily make up for in damage... seekers have their aoe skills which hit LA/AA classes hard (much harder than a bm does)

and no when I was making my argument i was not talking about 1v1s i was talking about pk in general. that said if you balance out classes in 1v1s theoretically you balance them out in any scenario

+1 to stud but the main thing that im complaining about is that everyone says that bm's are a good balance point. sure they're fairly balanced in what they do except every other class has a strong and weak point. they use the strong point to wipe out a bm before they can pull out the balanced play. the bm normally doesnt have enough time to exploit the weak point. for example, even though it isnt too good an example, a bm in full 145 simply auto attacking cannot kill a cleric in full dragon spamming stream of rejuvenation and as a 149 bm, i've tried everything to kill khaled while he was afk and only came up to around 20% before he ticked again. i demon sparked, hf'd, used genie and none of it was enough for me to kill a stupid afk barb in west.

145 geared people shouldn't be able to kill 150 geared people by simply auto attacking. that said a BM has HF and a good BM can incorporate HF into his stunlock and that alone can kill pretty much anyone that has equal gear to you (not to mention the genie debuffs that you can stack on top of the HF). now then killing a barb is not something thats easily done (except maybe for sins but i don't count the ops) to kill a 150 barb you have to get them to half hp triple spark and use genie debuffs (maybe even have to HF them) to kill them but they're tanks and thats how it should be, but they should not have the same DD power as an archer (they actually have more) and be THAT tanky. imo if you keep barbs with their current dmg output then you make them less tanky and if you keep them as tanky you take away some damage output

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Agatio has said he is changing the barbs weapons back to the way it was.

Also stud I listed the reasons bms have it better, QPQ has quite the cooldown and cant be used to justify anything. I agree they are alright, but they are underpowered, even if its a small amount. I'll drop the point since you don't seem to have read it. Nor come up with anything against it past 'QPQ'.

Personally I think everything is pretty well balanced. There are only a few things I would change.

1. Veno's pets need to do more damage and be more survivable. Elly brought it up once and I will bring it up again. Mystic pets can out DD a veno's pet, which is just ridiculous. Part of being a veno is depending on your pet for support, but even a level 150 buffed Herc can get 1-2 shot quiet often. So maybe up their max HP or Pdef/Mdef so they can actually be of help. Also give them a bit more damage because 200-300 doesn't cut it against a Mystics 700-900 or more.

I agree, not sure if it can be done though.

2. I think if bows are such a problem class lock them. Make it so flying mobs in instances are lower to the ground so the melee classes can kill them, or change their reset range. Or maybe make a special bow for the other classes that isn't as "OP" as the Archer's bow.

Class locking the 145/150 bows seems to be the trend that people are going for at the moment.

3. Class lock Occult Ice. Yes, Sins have a lot of stun skills. Yes, BMs can stun lock. Class locking Occult Ice might give the other classes a chance to, dare I say, break the stun. Though I kinda think people should be smart and just put the anti stun skills on their genies.

Anti-stuns do nothing to Occult Ice, it is the main problem with it, if it had a way of being countered it would be less of an issue.

4. Sacred Stones are an issues ONLY because casters (save for some venos) can't really use them. Maybe give casters their own version of the stones to even that little issue out.

Casters have -6% channel stones which for some classes is quite alot of time off a skill's channeling.

5. Pys and Sins will always be an issue because PWI made them too op. Psys are epic in PVP while Sins are the best farming toon you can have. If you try and nerf them anymore, people are really going to be upset. I think maybe the best thing to do about Psys is maybe lower the soulforce they can get, seeing as how their skills revolve around that. Not by too much seeing as how you can't refine the weapon at all, but maybe take a little off the top. I don't think nerfing them too much more is really necessary.

Morai helps balance the base classes, also any additional nerf done to psys soulforce will have to be done every class given that all classes will have an instant advantage over them when morai comes out. Alot of the skills are stronger if you have higher soulforce than the oponent, and psychics are down something like 12k already.

6. People are asking for it so I say give archers more def. I don't play an archer, but I have messed around on them and they do seem super squishy for some reason. Maybe fix that and people will be happy.

7. Leave Barbs and their GoF/Sac Strike alone. It may give them a ton of damage, but every class has a way of beating it if you look into it and it make them vulnerable.

Will be nerfed on damage, after having a 150 barb damage test on me, it hit as hard as I did using auto when I was using auto + EP + Frenzy.

Other then that I don't think their is a problem. My main issue is really just the Veno's pets. It will also always and forever be that the original bramble doesn't work in PK, but I know that can't be fixed ever. So I'll continue to QQ about that. Hope this was helpful.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!
Agatio has said he is changing the barbs weapons back to the way it was.

Also stud I listed the reasons bms have it better, QPQ has quite the cooldown and cant be used to justify anything. I agree they are alright, but they are underpowered, even if its a small amount. I'll drop the point since you don't seem to have read it. Nor come up with anything against it past 'QPQ'.

ok first off... i did have more than the QPQ... seekers hit harder than BMs and your argument is that BMs have it easier aps wise and thats because BMs were made for aps and seekers were made more for DPH.

anti stun does work against occult ice

and last but not least -6 channeling isn't a sacred stone

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Occult ice can be antistunned, also faith & badge of courage will remove it. The problem with it is however that people can spark & stun at the same time, and seamlessly stunlock with it. It stacks with regular stuns so the whole thing of stuns being unable to be "overstunned" and extended disappears. It takes no timing whatsoever to flawlessly stunlock & spark attack with occult... Not to mention it's low cooldown & energy cost so it's very spammable. Occult Ice may be the #1 reason an unlimited-chi class like the sin is OP, unlimited sparks & stun at the same time..

Oh and Stud, even though -6% chan may not be a sacred stone.. I find that wizzy's being able to chan/cast Mountain Siege (Supposed to be a super high channel time ulti nuke) faster than my archer can use it's stunning arrow is far from underpowered.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Occult ice can be antistunned, also faith & badge of courage will remove it. The problem with it is however that people can spark & stun at the same time, and seamlessly stunlock with it. It stacks with regular stuns so the whole thing of stuns being unable to be "overstunned" and extended disappears. It takes no timing whatsoever to flawlessly stunlock & spark attack with occult... Not to mention it's low cooldown & energy cost so it's very spammable. Occult Ice may be the #1 reason an unlimited-chi class like the sin is OP, unlimited sparks & stun at the same time..

Oh and Stud, even though -6% chan may not be a sacred stone.. I find that wizzy's being able to chan/cast Mountain Siege (Supposed to be a super high channel time ulti nuke) faster than my archer can use it's stunning arrow is far from underpowered.

It works when someone is using a vac doesnt it? The vac may have ended just as it was used but it supprised me when I saw it.
Ex-GM

the reason you saw that is because they were using demon Wellsprings Quaff because an archer can stun my sage wizard faster than i can get my mountain seize off. and with that i agree with everything else in your post

and
@ Ninja yes occult ice can be anti stunned and all the other things mentioned

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Ok my bad, it must not be 100% chance to activate and co-incidently didn't activate.

More of a relentless courage fan...
Ex-GM

Offline Delirium

@Delirium

I read a thread on pw forums and it seems that soul absorb is a wood damage skill that deals 0 damage skill and has a single physical damage DOT after that. Altho, it still goes through nullify poison or expel, so how am I supposed to defend myself other than Ironguard/AD (which doesn't work sometimes also) when I'm down to 5-10k hp against a mystic. Problem with that skill on this server is that it's supposed to have 5 sec channeling, with mystic channel skill and channel reduce on this server, it's just hax.

I can't understand that, after all my tests theres only been one set of damage and if it is wood damage that'd show up in the damage log while the Phys DoT wouldn't.

Absorb soul isn't affective as it should be here because of the lack of the def levels so it's only useful against Veno, Psy and Cleric really, however with Wiz they have stone barrier and that stops quite a bit of the damage. I do agree that the -chan is insane, but its like that for all classes and personally I think the -Chan should be lowered giveing some balance to Mystics/Wizzes.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline CENT

there is no reason to touch mystics at all the damage is reasonable. anyone who plays a mystic knows it is a difficult char to be good at.

Offline ABBADON

• Hi '-'
  • Characters: ???!?!
  • Faction: Xpendable, Artifex
I find some very nice points in here but as a seeker I slightly disagree with you stud ):. After playing one for a while, yes we do have a somewhat better tankability than BM, but as I find with a few private servers, if your going to give a seeker not as much aps with their normal gear set then at least increase the damage they do.

Lets put it this way. Seekers only have 3, yes Three preventive skills. QPQ with reverts debuffs and silences for 1 second ( sage is 3 seconds ) , a Stun from Stalagstrike that can only be activated with a certain status ( we have to hit our target until they get afflicted with it ) and a teleporting 3 second ( 4 second for sage ) spark consuming stun. That's one 1v1 stun, a 1v1 silence, and ( if the people nearby are EVEN afflicted with the Bloodlet status ) an aoe stun. Not to mention QPQ has a really epic cooldown .-. and that once someone's been stunned with stalagstrike the status goes away..

With such limited skills, after their usage we left defenseless for a good amount of time. Yes we do have higher deff level than other classes but when other classes have APS or a nice amount of magic damage, it doesnt do much.

So that puts us at a barb's position almost..without two things; the defense and the hp. Oww. .___.

Okay we hit harder overall ( referring to classes such as BMs and Sins), but with low aps to go with that damage its like wth? O_o Seekers are basically just bosses with good but slow attack and not many stuns. Your a tank! you may think. No, that really just gets us killed. -Sorry if this is getting long, one more point ): -

As I was 1v1ing a mystic the other day , it's difficult enough killing a magic class ( Im not fail Im pretty well at my class actually. ) Seeing how many mg classes have the ability to heal and all classes have the ability to move away -.- The 1v1 ended in a draw. the damage was well..the it's the other factors that contribute to us being just a bit, underpowered. I'm not QQing about anything, it's just my view on seekers.

IMFLUFFY- r8 demon barb
NOISIA- r8 sage psy
ABBADON- r8 demon bm
ASMODEUS- r8 sage seeker
Ascension- r8 sage sin
Krewella- r8 sage archer
ARKASIA- r8 demon veno
Realisation-r8 sage cleric
BreakNoise-r8 demon mystic

I find some very nice points in here but as a seeker I slightly disagree with you stud ):. After playing one for a while, yes we do have a somewhat better tankability than BM, but as I find with a few private servers, if your going to give a seeker not as much aps with their normal gear set then at least increase the damage they do.

Lets put it this way. Seekers only have 3, yes Three preventive skills. QPQ with reverts debuffs and silences for 1 second ( sage is 3 seconds ) , a Stun from Stalagstrike that can only be activated with a certain status ( we have to hit our target until they get afflicted with it ) and a teleporting 3 second ( 4 second for sage ) spark consuming stun. That's one 1v1 stun, a 1v1 silence, and ( if the people nearby are EVEN afflicted with the Bloodlet status ) an aoe stun. Not to mention QPQ has a really epic cooldown .-. and that once someone's been stunned with stalagstrike the status goes away..

With such limited skills, after their usage we left defenseless for a good amount of time. Yes we do have higher deff level than other classes but when other classes have APS or a nice amount of magic damage, it doesnt do much.

So that puts us at a barb's position almost..without two things; the defense and the hp. Oww. .___.

Okay we hit harder overall ( referring to classes such as BMs and Sins), but with low aps to go with that damage its like wth? O_o Seekers are basically just bosses with good but slow attack and not many stuns. Your a tank! you may think. No, that really just gets us killed. -Sorry if this is getting long, one more point ): -

As I was 1v1ing a mystic the other day , it's difficult enough killing a magic class ( Im not fail Im pretty well at my class actually. ) Seeing how many mg classes have the ability to heal and all classes have the ability to move away -.- The 1v1 ended in a draw. the damage was well..the it's the other factors that contribute to us being just a bit, underpowered. I'm not QQing about anything, it's just my view on seekers.
everything you just said just proves why seekers are balanced and not op...

they're tankier and hit harder than BMs yet BMs have more CC skills... seems fair

they're not as tanky as barbs yet hit harder than barbs and have more CC skills... again seems fair

the problem is people want to have the best of both worlds (in this case the best of 3 worlds)
you want to have the highest dmg, be the tankiest AND have the CC skills to keep people in place...
no im sorry but thats a nono.

remember pwi came out with rolls for certain classes.
BMs are meant to stun and debuff players
Barbs are meant to tank
Seekers are meant to be tanky DDs while not being pure DDs (and they serve that roll perfectly)
yes QPQ has a long CD but can you imagine if it didn't?
people like to spam their skills instead of waiting for the right moment to strike but if they timed QPQ at the right moment they can literally beat any class..... that sounds pretty balanced to me