Epic Perfect World

This server is terribly unbalanced.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
With the high hp here seeker ranged damage is hardly worth it unless they zerkcrit, which magic hits don't.  They got quite nice APS damage to make up for it though and their ranged to finish a target off if it runs with low hp.

Don't forget genie either for wizzy, once arcane defense procs they can use genie to shield themselves & after that arcane defense again. Distance Shrink is great for quick escapes too & once binding sand is there they can spam immobilise any target, antistun or not.  (once the buff is on any hit will immobilise, even with antistun, though the initial buff can be blocked)

Soul of Silence is hardly effective against sins, since they are pro at high DPS in short time, it screws over classes that can't kill in 8 seconds of will surge far, far more. Don't forget the other psy buffs either, with their phys immunity they can shield themselves very well. Soul of stunning is also a 0-chi HUGE TIME stun.  Psy's got plenty of defenses even without soul of silence.

Oh and for deaden nerves, yea it adds a lil but it's not much of a buff. It maybe adds a second of survivablity in most cases. On the other hand Tidal Protection is probably the most powerfull buff in this game, the long-time large chance to evade any debuff is the sins best defense.
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 08:13 am by Eriphenio

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
  • The god of all stalkers! :D
Deaden Nerves stops 1 shots.

Zerk/Crit works with Gemini Slash.

No skill protects the wizzy for long enough for arcade defence to cool down fully.

Soul of Silence, I agree is a high chance to proc, but decreasing psy soulforce anymore will mean decreasing every classes soulforce, as it will make psys underpowered with regards to thier morai skills. With 20k hp a psychic can be 1 shot by barbs, seekers, wizzies with no trouble, can be 2 shot by nearly every other class. There are many genie skills that stop psychic stuns. SoS is great against sins because of thier attack speed... that is the point of it, defence against aps.
Ex-GM

Thanks Syringe for the pic & JuJuBeez for the awesome sig!

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Yea I agree psy's can be killed quite easy, an archer can destroy them because of it's relative high-damage on regular hits as well. As far as sins go, I've been playing a 150 sin here for quite a while and I have never been hit hard enough to get 1shot. A sin in 150 gear will have about 36-37k hp and very few classes can do it, even with their best combo's.

I'm aware zerkcrits work on  gemini, but zerkcrit aren't the most likely hits. Certainly not enough as main attack but it's definitely a nice addon to compensate for their disadvantage at stuns.

For the wiz, I've seen wizzy's on my PWI server with both purify spell and arcane defense and they are extremely hard to take down, even with 5-10 people hitting them.  That being said with just arcane defense they are ofcourse still killable, but it makes it a lot harder for any melee class.  Especially non-sins. This combined with their high defenses & high damage and high hp here I think is too much. Wizards are already by no means weak, their relative low survivablity is more than compensated by their damage output to make it a very viable class (and quite well balanced atm too). With morai skills it may be a bit much but that being said I think it wouldn't hurt to have an arcane that can destroy any regular melee class... maybe people will stop spamming seekers/barb/bm/sin in pk lol.  That in turn will make psy's less "OP" because casters that are now at a disadvantage because of all the sins are very capable of killing them.

Offline Delirium

On the subject of barbs needing less damage, I just went to YouTube and watched a PK video from PWI Harshlands of a 105 R9 barb vs a 105 R9 sin.

The barb was hitting around the same damage you see barbs here hit, on a sin with much less HP than the ones we have here. Barbs have always been an extraordinarily powerful class in endgame Perfect World.

But as has been said before, we'll get Descent, then see how things pan out, and Aga will add bless boxes as needed.

Its not the fact of them hitting THAT hard it the fact of them hitting THAT hard AND being as tanky as a shuckle!
/pokemon reference win.

Eh, I cba no more, it's not the worst balance I've seen but it is a case of whoever get the 1st attack/stun in wins for most classes.

Ps on def levels - I bet none of you know how they work, plus I said a small amount of def levels and NO attack levels, weapons have enough attack range on them anyways. If anything put more DPH & DMH on the gear, they work more or less like defense levels.

^Made by me! :P
NOT ALL CLASSES MADE FOR PVP SOME WERE MADE FOR PVE
Mhm. x'D

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
  • 私は天使です - Watashi wa tenshi desu~!
taking anything out of the game will kill everything. taking stones out? - thats about 20 of my gold, and 400m gone. not exactly fair, also considering that in my case, my 3 mains are all aps classes. imo, psy needs to be nerfed with their extremely high sos proc rate. bms cant 1 or 2 shot anything at all and can get 1 or 2 shot by wiz, psy, archers, and even mystics. their damage output? im a 149 bm hitting a 145 sin. i hit 900 on the sin. they hit 800 on me with my bell buff. how the hell does that work ehhh? and if we do stun lock like crazy, which is hard to do as one of them cost 35 chi, the other costs 1 spark and the other has a low chance of stunning and even if you were lucky enough to always stun them, which is virtually impossible with sins tidal protection, you wont have enough time between stuns to tick them, and still damage them enough to kill them before they tick again. they have tele stun which is a long distance stun, head hunt that lasts ages, deep sting that puts you to sleep which also lasts a while, a freeze and silence combo that basically makes a stun, not to mention the freeze lasts ages, and makes you slow for ages and condensed thorn adds a large amount of damage to bms. psy is op but i do agree that they die pretty quickly with willsurge and demon spark. and our marrows? magical only works on psy, wizards and veno's. physical only works on... wtf does it work on apart from barbs who hit hard either way? bms have fist 59 ult that does magical damage, sins have condensed thorn, archers have phy and mag hits, and the mag hurts like hell. seekers have magical skills which hurt even without marrow on. in any case, alll this is just to convince aga to make it that the bm boxes add attack enough to cover the nerf and also add additional damage and a little bit of extra hp and defense. tired of being unable to kill anything and being 2 shotted, even one shotted with 35k hp. psssssh. and to delirium. once again, if a bm gets the first stun or hit in first, he or she still has a generally low chance of winning when fighting another person of equal skill level, same level and same level equips.

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
Bm's hit quite hard + not all of your stuns cost chi. I suppose a stunlock won't work well if the first thing you do is spark but that's just a general thing. Playing a 150 sin myself a 150 bm can kick my ass easily if its an unsparked dmg contest. Sparked they'll tear me down in seconds, way faster than I can kill them. The thing is if a bm sparks the sin can stunlock them till it's over. On the other hand a bm can easily kill a sin unsparked with a few good stuns (though tidal makes this harder).
Tidal protection makes up for the sins squishyness in a 1on1 there but a bm is by no means weak, not to mention axe zerkcrits hurt like hell. BM's as a class is more of an all-rounder though. Good in pve, good as support, good in 1v1, good everywhere but not really best at anything.

Offline Angel

• CoffeeFANCLUBB <3
  • 私は天使です - Watashi wa tenshi desu~!
Bm's hit quite hard (lol no they dont actually)+ not all of your stuns cost chi (the only one that doesnt isnt 100%). I suppose a stunlock won't work well if the first thing you do is spark but that's just a general thing. Playing a 150 sin myself a 150 bm can kick my ass easily if its an unsparked dmg contest.(you have condensed thorn) Sparked they'll tear me down in seconds, way faster than I can kill them.(go condensed thorn and demon spark and the bm would die in like 5 seconds if they're stupid, but thats not the point. point is, the sin wont be stupid either and just take a bm's demon spark) The thing is if a bm sparks the sin can stunlock them till it's over. On the other hand a bm can easily kill a sin unsparked with a few good stuns (though tidal makes this harder)(your tidal can just about stop my 100% stun from working at all and its supposed to be 100% chance).
Tidal protection makes up for the sins squishyness in a 1on1 there but a bm is by no means weak, not to mention axe zerkcrits hurt like hell(even including zerkcrit, using fists or claws hurt more due to aps). BM's as a class is more of an all-rounder though. Good in pve, good as support, good in 1v1, good everywhere but not really best at anything. (actually its okay in pve, the only support is an aoe stun, not too good in 1vs1, and definitely not good everywhere)

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
See guys, seriously u cant make it balanced....

after tideborn patch its breaked totally
u can add box or anything kinda impossible for make balanced, maybe if u make a set for each class like military rank and forget about interval and casting on everything.

in every high exp private server mostly balance is breaked because:

- genie with too high points kinda nearly op for few genie skill (like spark what can do -120% firedef debuff, or occfult ice 100% hit etc)
- high crit rate
- too much interval with high grade eq, coz same if a lv100 sin use gr13 dagger or a lv145 sin use gr18 interval dagger, similiar with casting, coz its allways sucks when peoples die faster, sometimes with few hit, since with higher level ur crit rate also too high, until a normal server barb got x% chance for 1 hit with arma, here got, minimum 2x more, but same higher chance with wizz ulti, or the alot crit for aps class (like sin, who also get ~+50% more dex from stat if the max level not 105, it is 150)

the hp and def not compansate that coz def could be debuffed and a lv150 wizz, easier 1 hit  somebody than with debuffs than on normal server a lv100 wizz, but this is same if we talk about sin or psy. most of class can debuff or atleast weapon can debuff and that +def from gear kinda useless, mainly because the 1st point about genie strong debuffs ty to points or to soulstones combined with higher crit rate (coz until in normal server a wizz not really got normally higher than 15% crit with a crit gear, here u can reach really more)

when i talk about normal server than i mean to before tideborn times, before r9 and nirvana and before recasts and craps

i am sure alot people enjoyed the pw before tidebron, and after it too, but after tideborn alot left it too

(i dont see anything bad in earthgaurd race, mainly without high sf and alot interval in tideborn too but really u can see fcking much balanceing trying after tideborn arrived - with gears and with box etc)
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline Feone

• Forum Veteran
I don't know what you did to your BM angel but I find a 150 bm using claws can easily kill a sin trough charm unsparked. Stun's costing chi is hardly  a problem because you can APS in between stuns & get plenty of chi back. What you can't do is demonspark AND long time stunlock.. which is not something thats underpowered.

You also say BM's arent good everywhere.. Let's go over this.
1v1 PVP, bm's got more pdef than most classes, more mdef than any other HA or even LA class when using marrow as well.  (Yes marrow is a good skill to use). Further more marrowed defenses are impossible to debuff away since they come from a buff, the worst that can be done is your regular defense gone to 0 with all the buff-added defense still left making certain wizard combo's far more ineffective on a bm than on other classes.
So, BM got good al-round defenses. They have a boatload of stuns, a good bm can stunlock for a long time on almost any class combined with high APS damage from claws. They may not hit as hard as sins but they deal good damage, plenty to kill any non-HA unsparked if they are locked in a stun/ don't run (with the exclusion of fox-form veno's because of their large pdef).  All this combined makes them pretty good in 1on1, not the best, but good.
Lets see about mass-pvp like TW. The bm can: aoe stun, aoe reduce attack, aoe double dmg taken, aoe massively decrease defenses as well as one of the most usefull buffs in the game. This makes them pretty damn good as a support class. Nothing more lethal than a few good aoes backed up by an HF.
PVE, with a bm's APS& marrows they can solo anything, hell they're even usefull in caster nirvy because of an HF.
BM's aren't the best at any one thing, they are the best at being good at everything. No other class is so all around usefull as the bm. Overall they don't need a nerf or a powerup. And yes, zerk crits on axe don't outDD fists but they make the added dmg from most stun skills enough to allow stunlock + killing stuff at the same time.

And as fighting sins goes, I think a bm simply shouldn't physical marrow. With their high inherent pdef here they gain maybe another 5% reduction of phys damage while killing their magical defense. Without phys marrow condensed thorn doesn't hurt all that much more. I'll definitely agree that sin damage is quite insane, hell a 150 sin can kill a 150 psy so fast their charm doesn't even tick (in black voodoo, self buffed both). Or pretty much the same to any 14x LA/arcane. Most other classes live long enough for a charm tick allowing them to use genie but still sins hit insanely hard. Sins are masters of 1v1 combat, when it becomes group pvp they get squished easily by 2 or 3 ppl hitting them. The bm's damage is fine though, they can kill LA/AA targets with APS quite easily and with marrows up they can take one hell of a beating before going down.

Offline geriatrix

• Forum Veteran
I agree. Every class that I can't kill every time is OP.

Well, if you think some class is OP, then make it and use it.
It should satisfy your desire to kill other players' toons.

~~~~~~~~

Leave the classes as they are.
Fix the custom bosses (server speciffic) that AoE 1 hit AA classes.
They already have plenty of HP and Def.
It makes Cleric useless for healing squads against those bosses.
As they are now, the drops aren't worth it.

And to make LA or HA cleric is also stupid, it reduces Mage, which reduces heal.
"Don't think about winning every battle in your life.
Think only about winning the current one."

But reconsider price. You might decide to lose.

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Some classes are OP though, a slight nerf would go a long way.

We are working on caster bosses, give us time.
Ex-GM

Offline Agatio

• Game Veteran
The idea of removing def levels in the 1st idea was imo a stupid move, why?

Are you talking about def level stones? Since attack level stones were removed to keep the balance, the defense levels had to be as well. Atk/def level on gear was never removed, it was just not added… 

Sacred stones do need to be removed or at least casters be able to use purify spell, I know you said it's OP but whats not OP about 4-5 aps with a chance to heal yourself for 5% HP and purify yourself? Not to mention armour breaks and such.

Purify is sick, however the second one that actually works, the 2k HP regen + 50 chi can be added

APS needs a nerf in one form or another and another option of dags for sins to use - for those who want to use skill and not be forced to auto attack.

Descent brings small APS nerf, maybe just 5%, but still

SF needs sorting, -SF on Spheres on every classes armour when decent is released just so we don't have the insane amount we currently have.

Actually I came with less harmful idea, the –SF will come with set bonus, now the only thing left is setting the % of seal chance that would be considered as ‘balanced’.

Decent skills do balance somewhat HOWEVER they're mostly SF relient so PLEASE don't destroy the SF otherwise you'll destroy the new skills. :/

The SF is high enough anyways so you don’t have to be afraid of that ;)

If you can make some genie skills unavailable or unesable or class bound I suggest spark and occult ice to be removed. With spark on a 100 dex genie I can lower an 145 geared archers def to about 17 and with no def levels to absorb some of that damage it because an easy oneshot.

Removing certain genie skills is impossible. I have looked into it and I haven’t noticed the possibility to reduce the level cap of the genies to for example level 110.. I guess it just levels with the player and the level cap is hardcoded…

Barbs need their weapon damage lowering, they can tank and dd too much, they're a tank and should not be able to DD while they're as tanky. They need to sacrifice surviability for damage, not have both.

True, the barb OPness is the leftover from 1.3.6 when they sucked really hard and barely anyone played them.. Their special def rings will be replaced with regular ones, also their poleaxe damage lowered to match the dual axe attack (since attack formula for poleaxes has changed with one of 1.3.6 patches to buff them a bit)

Blessing boxes is a reasonable idea, but they won't fix the problem.

Don’t worry about it ;)

IMO this server is fairly well balanced, though there are a few things that could use adjustments.

I love you   =)

Barbarian: Very powerfull & hard to kill class, at the moment in PVP this is on the powerfull side however a skilled wizzy or other arcane can tear them up quite well, with the addition of the morai skills I do think they would go out of balance though. Especially the Deaden-nerves like skill.

Ya barb is a bit OP, it will receive slight nerf (I explained what will be done)

Psychic: Horribly overpowered, but only because of soul of silence, it takes a genie skill to be able to damage this class which is unfair in my opinion. On the other hand a good archer/sin/barb/seeker can tear them up quite well using willsurge. Soul of Silence can also be put on anyone and making a buff psy is easy. Considering psy's have plenty other defense buffs removing or nerfing the buff altogether wouldn't hurt much.

Again, their SF will be lowered, we just need to set seal chance that is considered as ‘balanced’

Assassin: Quite a powerfull class, under the right ciromstances. Any 150 assassin can kill most other classes in seconds out of stealth which is quite bad...

Sins will be slighty nerfed with Descent due to small APS nerf and Morai skills

Venomancer... often said to be underpowered. Complete BULLSHIT, a veno with some skill can combo up to do damage bordering on the insane, my veno is HA build in 145 gear and I've 2shot 150 sins.
Mystic... underpowered? Mystics are extremely hard to kill, 1 heal and their hp is back...full.. It's just a class that takes some skill to master.

I guess that Venos and Mystics will stay as they are 

Archer often said to be underpowered as well,

The only thing that archers lack is a bit of defence… Because their attack is very fine. They could have added few def levels: 5 or 10 to balance it out 

Cleric... Nothing wrong with this class, very usefull everywhere yet not overpowered.

Cleric is very nice, I started playing cleric myself and I love it.. The only issue seems to be that plume shell seems to break quite with melee class attacking you..
The best solution imho would be reducing MP charm cooldown time from 5 to for example 4 or 3.5 seconds.

Seeker: good aps, good damage, horribly hard to kill but can't stunlock anything. quite easy to kite a seeker.

Seekers are cool, they will have slight buff with Morai skills, I don’t need to do anything with them

Blademaster: good class, deadly stunlock and amazing crowd controlling abilities. Murderous in pk fests or TW,provided they got the DD's to back them up, pretty good in 1on1's provided the player has some measure of skill.

BMs, just like seekers, pretty balanced

Wizard: Extremely powerfull class, if any class is OP here I would say it's the wizard... With a good combo of debuffs & the extremely high pdef & channeling they can tear up just about any class. When morai skills come into play they are pretty much immune to any melee class (Arcane Defense).

OP or most OP class, third spark + genie spark + extreme poison + undine strike = Good game. But it’s not just the problem of this server, just overall PW. And I don’t really have the solution how to ‘fix’ it.

taking anything out of the game will kill everything. taking stones out? - thats about 20 of my gold, and 400m gone. not exactly fair, also considering that in my case, my 3 mains are all aps classes.

These stones won’t be removed for now.. and if they were, there would be some sort of compensate…

Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:42 pm by Agatio

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
For the blessed boxes

5 attack levels for archers

10 attack levels for seekers

Possible 5 defence or attack levels for venos, or maybe increase veno pet damage.

Give clerics +100% MP

A note on Assassins, decent will nerf them but I think their daggers will need further nerfing. Also if + interval is possible, have it with GoF daggers IS a good idea for people who would rather skill than AA. BM's claws are based of strength, which a bm roughly has 3/2 per level of. Sins daggers are based off dex, which sins have 4/1 of, which means that bms have 1/4 less in the base damage skill than sins, since dex also governs accuracy and crit rate, the daggers should be nerfed to be in line with claw damage. Yes sins are ment to hit stronger than bms, but the crit rate/accuracy will do that for you.
Ex-GM

Offline shadowvzs

• Old Player
For the blessed boxes

5 attack levels for archers

10 attack levels for seekers

Possible 5 defence or attack levels for venos, or maybe increase veno pet damage.

Give clerics +100% MP

sorry but why seeker need 10 att lv?

they can do -20 def level debuff and 35 def level buff, this is overall 50-55 def level difference and u want give +10 attack level too ?

and why need box archer? they ok and more better with descent with 40m range and here he also got interval stuff same time with debuffer bow, i dont see any point why they need bow when also they will get stealth
Last Edit: June 18, 2012, 06:45 pm by shadowvzs
150 Demon Assassin
150 Sage Wizzard
150 Sage Barbarian
149 Demon Archer
148 Sage Seeker
14x Demon Barbarian
148 Sage Cleric
14x Sage Blademaster
146 Sage Barbarian
145 Sage Assassin
and other lower level sage mystic/psy/archer :D

Offline Ninja

• Retired Staff Member
Seekers are lacking smally on the offensive, 10 attack levels is not that much, a rough stab at how much they would need.

The -20 defence level debuff is hardly used, and for it to be used you lose either a disarm (Much better for survival) or your only stun with a cooldown shorter than 3 mins.

The -20 defence level debuff lasts 10 seconds for you to proc it in, and lasts 8 seconds after its proc'd (which is the time the -20 defence levels are there. Given that sage is the only way to get an anti-stun, and its 4 seconds, its hardly any use to get off more than one shot.

+35 defence levels is the sage buff, demon is +32, sage has weaker buff placer skills than demon.

If the seeker opts to put everything in to 1 shot and waste their stun or disarm then thats thier choice, but the chance that they will 1 shot is reliant on a zerk crit usually, which doesnt happen too often.

That is why seekers need a little attack boost, more than archer but not much more.
Ex-GM